Public Beta for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game set for May 24th!

+
I saw the special borders what the high rank players will get. Pretty cool! Local or Global rank will matter in this case?

The new currency totally dedicated to the obtention of premium cards makes sense. If we keep the old system, no one gonna spend twice the price of a normal card just to get an animation...

Ejecutor-EU;n8552570 said:
More ways to craft Premium cards :), Why not?

I don't give a rat's ass for cosmetics. And now some rewards will be replaced with this trash currency that can only be used for premium cards. Disappointing.

kaalev;n8554330 said:
I don't give a rat's ass for cosmetics. And now some rewards will be replaced with this trash currency that can only be used for premium cards. Disappointing.
Why are you complaining? Other ccgs where i was in CB simply reduced the rewards during the transitions giving you zero/nothing/nada to compensate. CDPR reduce the income but they are good enough to give you something meaningful instead of nothing. Don't complain thank you very much.

Do we get to keep any scraps, ore, or kegs we have accumulated or are they all lost to the reset?

The reason I ask is that I have about 15,000 scraps I'd like to use after the reset.

Last edited:
DMaster2;n8554860 said:
Why are you complaining? Other ccgs where i was in CB simply reduced the rewards during the transitions giving you zero/nothing/nada to compensate. CDPR reduce the income but they are good enough to give you something meaningful instead of nothing. Don't complain thank you very much.

Because 3 currencies are too much. I'd rather we had 1 currency that we could dispose as we wished. Whether we bought kegs and gambled, whether we saved up and crafted with no RNG at play or whether we bought cosmetics.

And I'll complain as much as I want. No need for your concern.

gr8horned1;n8555190 said:
Do we get to keep any scraps, ore, or kegs we have accumulated or are they all lost to the reset?

The reason I ask is that I have about 15,000 scraps I'd like to use after the reset.
Use them now, they'll disappear after the wipe. Go build something crazy to try on casual. Personally i've fully build spy nilfgaard since i got tibor out of a keg today.

kaalev;n8555320 said:
Because 3 currencies are too much. I'd rather we had 1 currency that we could dispose as we wished. Whether we bought kegs and gambled, whether we saved up and crafted with no RNG at play or whether we bought cosmetics.

Many games have 3 currency. Paladins for example is one of those.
Feel free to complain if you like it that much, i just think you are too entitled.

DMaster2;n8555890 said:
Many games have 3 currency. Paladins for example is one of those.
Feel free to complain if you like it that much, i just think you are too entitled.

Paladins implemented their 3rd currency in a bid to sink gold that some of the veterans got hundreds of thousands. But they just made it worse. Now instead of 100ks of useless currency players have millions of useless currency.

And I'm entitled to having an opinion. Why do you care so much?

The new currency is fine. All that matters is how they mix the new currency in the reward system. I also don't give a shit about the cosmetics but I think we're gonna keep gaining as rewards the same amount of Ores/Scraps and also some of the new currency too.
And as I said :"The new currency totally dedicated to the obtention of premium cards makes sense. If we keep the old system, no one gonna spend twice the price of a normal card just to get an animation...".

Since premium cards cost way too much to craft, they realized that no one crafted them during closed beta. People prefer to craft 2 Legendaries with 1600 scraps rather than 1 Premium Legendary so the only decent way to get a premium card was through the Kegs but the drop rates are insanely low so the new currency makes sense since they found a way to spread the use of premium cards.

No. CDPR are know to be good with player, Their want to share their works above all.
They don't make thing for money but for sharing.

Premium cards are an amarzing job, they want averybody to be able to have it.
If they put something that you can't have wighout puting Real Mney in, they''ll lose a lot of fans.
They don't want to be categorized as money makers, but as art makers.

ALSO!
Nobody linked the replay of the stream, There a lot of information And the explication about che choices CDPR made so, here it is.

https://youtu.be/fiUfHNmsQ5w

Last edited:
Pruny;n8557350 said:
Premium cards should be bought with real money to suport CDPR

you can buy meteor powder with real money, so technically you can buy them with cash if youre willing to support them

kaalev;n8555320 said:

think of it this way:

the animations ARE awesome.
i would (personally) love to have some animated cards, my favorites and etc

BUT

if it was based on the crafting resource, i would probably never make them.
Why? it's simple realy, like you, i think gameplay >cosmetics, so i wouldn't waste the absurd dust costs to make animated cards, i would instead ALWAYS make more non-premium cards.

but now? with a different resource?
F yeah! I can, and WILL craft my favorite animated cards without wasting any gameplay resource.
So, crafting really cool cards without feeling bad that you waste a "valuable" resource?

sign me up!

Top Bottom