Update to matchmaking system and leaderboards

+
MaitieS;n9154990 said:
And that's good because everyone will scrap 80% of collection from last hotfix... Try to play HS. You are not able to cache up with last expansion and next is coming in couple of weeks... People are still complaining about everything... Jesus.

Exactly.

I've been playing Hearthstone since Naxx came out, and I still barely have 50% of the first expansion. Now with them splitting into Standard Vs. Wild, I probably even have less then that.

MaitieS;n9154990 said:
And that's good because everyone will scrap 80% of collection from last hotfix... Try to play HS. You are not able to cache up with last expansion and next is coming in couple of weeks... People are still complaining about everything... Jesus.

HS now is at best pick specially for f2p players. You have over 2 weeks double gold + when expansion comes live free adventure mode that gives you over 3 packs + a random legendary. And at last, on your 1st 10 packs they guarantee that you will open legendary. If you already have a legendary, is guarantee that you will not get the same legendary on any pack (no doubles on legendaries).
Besides, there are a lot of players in HS that started over new accounts "f2p" and are already legends... So, the hard "cache up" you mentioned doesn't really exist.
Gwent seems to be a bit harder for a f2p player than in HS, at least from my experience.
Sure, people are compaining about everything on both games... None is happy...
I don't know, but it seems that communities on card games started to suck and be full of hatred on a way worst or at least equal to moba games (cancers, blames, hatred, etc).
And plz, we've to stop this pointless comparison of these two games( I include myself too ofc)...
HS is over 3years and Gwent is only few months publicly + the lack of experience in card games from Dev-team.

MaitieS;n9151310 said:
Aren't all card games in some way Pay to Win? I'm playing Gwent since (Jan 2017) and I started to be more active player after Public Beta and right now I have more than 60% of all cards + more than 10 000+ scraps ready for craft anything + a lot of duplicates for mill. You just have to be active and you can open each day min. 2 kegs (Tier 1 and Tier 2 rewards (175 Ore) + GG, Each 2 wins reward). + season rewards + rank up rewards. I think CDPR is really generous to all players even to F2P :) In other card games like HS you are not able to open 1 pack per day (or it will take much much more time than in Gwent). In HS you are able to open 1 pack per 2.5 days (with quests).

+ Most important question isn't: Get to the better rank but how long you will stay in this rank :) If they are really bad they will drop or they will never get back in next season :)

In HS you can have at least 1 pack per day, but you have to win 30 matches (casual or ranked). Is a bit hard to play over 40 matches overall to catch the 100 gold (max daily reward) but as the game's target is to make you be active (as you mentioned for Gwent). Almost all online games want this... Active players.
Also, casually you can earn at least 40gold from daily quests (now is double for over 2 weeks and besides most quests are >50gold + usually rotation), that means 28gold (+10 the gold you will earn from every 3 wins)... So, is at lest 1 pack per day. (and ofc there is also the tavern brawl where you earn 1 pack every week)
CDPR is really generous indeed but not so much for f2p players.
From my experience, you'll need more cash in Gwent than in HS. In HS budget decks can be even tier1 or at least tier2 (even tier2 can bring you between rank 8 to rank 5). From the other hand, there are less choices in Gwent and almost 0 real budget decks, cause it exists a very little time in the world of card games and the card pool is very tight.
Ranked rewards seems to be just fine, but far from generous if you think that you can get them every 2 months (it's a very long time and you can get at least same rewards in just less time from dailies, lv up, etc). But still are much more worthy ranked rewards than in HS (only in rank5 you have a bit of a good rewards there).

As for the most important question you asked, in both games you can stay about the same rank every season if you can keep up with the meta.
In my opinion that isn't hard to do it in both games simultaneously, if you have ofc time to spend daily (3-4h for each game).

Last edited:
BlueyesOwl

If a new player would want to create a top tier net-deck, (s)he would be able to do so with just scrapping the starter decks + doing the one-time challenges. What new players lack is not means, but knowledge and experience. Because this also applies to HS, Gwent still wins by a mile because of the first thing I mentioned.

Guest 4157120

First of all I don't care which game is better or not. I'm not toxic player etc. So I will be happy if you will ready this topic and make your own conclusion.

I played HearthStone since December 2013 (Close Beta) and this game change a lot. I never played more active HearthStone than Gwent right now for my whole HearthStone career (I mean active days. I playing at least 18 wins (9 games) each day since Gwent Public Beta started. Last time when I was most active in Hearthstone was last year Feb-Mar., after that I played max 5 matches in the interval 3 months. (RNG is too unenjoyable etc.)

So let's make it straight:
(sorry for long post)

BlueyesOwl;n9162030 said:
Gwent seems to be a bit harder for a f2p player than in HearthStone, at least from my experience.

Wait so you wanna to tell me that Gwent is a bit harder for a F2P player than HearthStone. But in next comment you wrote this:

In HearthStone you can have at least 1 pack per day, but you have to win 30 matches (casual or ranked). Is a bit hard to play over 40 matches overall to catch the 100 gold (max daily reward)
(I know you have quests 40-60 golds, max 100 golds (Very rare quest) per quest + right now is Double gold but let's skip that because we know why is Blizzard right now so generous to his player base.)

So let's make a littlebit of math:
(game played no quests in HearthStone because Gwent doesn't have any so :))

In Heartstone you have to win 3 games so you can have 10 Golds = min. 30 matches (with winstreak) = 100 Golds = 1 pack

In Gwent you have to play just 3 games (6 won rounds) and you will have 100 Ore = 1 Keg

All Tier rewards:

http://i.imgur.com/hbAxv5w.jpg

(This is old picture but rewards are same only Meteor Powder was added + you can see wins but right now you just have to win rounds so. 6-12-24-24 rounds and last reward isn't 25 Ore but 50 Meteor Powder.)

As you can see there is Questionmark = Small rewards - 15 Ore/Scraps/Meteor Poweder or Card + each game if your opponent will send GG you will gain extra 5 Ore/Scrap

So If you will win 6 rounds (3 games) you will have 100 Ore for Tier 1 reward + (If you will have best option) 2x15 = 30 Ore for Small Rewards + 3x5 = 15 Ore for GG = 145 Ore.

• 6 games (12 rounds won) - 75 Ore for Tier 2 reward + 5x15 Ore = 75 Ore for Small Reward + 6x5 = 30 Ore for GG = 180 Ore.

• 9 games in Gwent (18 rounds won) - 325 Ore = 3 Kegs (Packs) + 1/4 4th Keg.

• 9 games in Hearthstone = 30 Golds. It's almost 1:11 more

• 12 games (24 rounds won) - 50 Ore for Tier 3 reward + 5x15 Ore = 75 Ore for Small Reward + 12x5 60 Ore for GG = 185 Ore.

So 21 games (42 rounds won) - 510 Ore = 5 packs + 1/10 6th pack

+ don't forget that 9 games left.
(no more Tier 4 rewards because it's 50 Meteor Powder but: 9x5 = 45 Ore = 555 Ore = 5 Kegs + more then 1/2 of 6th Keg)

So in HearthStone you will have for 30 games - 1 pack. In Gwent 5 Kegs + 1/10 6th Keg but yeah:

Gwent seems to be a bit harder for a f2p player than in HearthStone

Next week it will be 2 months since Public Beta started. I'm Free to Play player and I have right now:

190 Standard cards [not animated] (64 Common + 62 Rare (Bronze cards), 44 Epic (Silver cards) and 20 Legendaries (Gold Cards) + 39 Premium cards [animated] (9 Common, 17 Rare (Bronze cards), 6 Epic (Silver cards) and 7 Legendary (Gold Cards). = I own 229/317 cards + 7535 scraps + 267 duplicates = 3100 scraps ready for mill (10 635 scraps) :).
In Hearthstone I never had more then 15% of all cards because each 4 months there is new expansion with 135 new cards+ etc.

I hope you are not angry at me I still respect your opinion and I'm happy that you like HearthStone but you wrote some really misleading informations so I want to explain why it's not true and why is Gwent 100% much friendly for Free to Play Players :)

+ Right now I'm lvl 30, Rank 16 and I had:

+ Level UP rewards: 12 Kegs, 700 Scraps and 400 Meteor Powder and 2x Guaranteed Legendary card (for lvl 20, 30, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)
+ Rank UP rewards: 22 Kegs, 600 Scraps and 600 Meteor Powder.
+ in end of Season 2 I will have for rank 16 (if I will stay): 15 Kegs, 750 Scraps and 450 Meteor Powder

= 49 Kegs, 2 050 Scraps, 1450 Meteor Powder + 2 Legendary cards for free.

edit1:

I forgot to mention Challenges rewards:

I don't know first 2 rewards (so I will skip rewards from it) but I still remember rewards for each faction: 150 Ore x 5 = 750 Ore = 7 Kegs + 1/2 of 8th Keg.

= 56 Kegs, 2 050 Scraps, 1450 Meteor Powder + 2 Legendary cards for free.

My conclusion is that: THANK YOU CDPR for this. I love you and your work and I'm really happy that you think on Free to Play Players too. You don't even know how am I right now happy when I finally can see all rewards what I got from you. (for playing)
It's REALLY AMAZING WOW! And thank you <3 <3<3<3<3<3<3

Last edited by a moderator:
I played HS 3 years since OBT, and i can say that Gwent now is 100% easy for F2P then HS. I start all CCG with donate of 40 packs, and no more. In Gwent i have 40 packs between CBT and OBT, so its not needed to pay at all (CDPR made a realy good game so i dont upset for wasting money). After each patch, nerfed cards have full value mill, so between patches i dont mill any card and just waiting. When the patch comes is 4k scraps, that equal 4 Golds and 4 Silver cards. I think that its abuse, but to good for F2P :) And ranked rewards are realy good too. Waiting end season for my 17 Kegs.

At the moment a have decks that i want for all races (1 by each fraction), cards for 1200 scrap mill (without patch). So after patch i will have any new deck i want. In HS after 3 years play without miss any daily (10 max for all time) i dont have all basic cards.

But its only by now. The main question for F2P players will be the strategy CDPR for new cards/addons. In HS all made just for suck money, u cant have alot top decks in standart mode even if u play daily without missing. New packs witch contains only new cards its too expensive. I think that will be better when alot of new cards come to game, for 2 months give players an option to have surely 1-2 cards of new addon in standard kegs. If players are new they can dismiss that option and have all cards with same chance.

Top Bottom