Gwent: The witcher card game hotfix is now live!

+
I want to congratulate CD PROJEKT RED for their work. I am big fan of The Witcher series. The games made me to read the books, then i played the games again from Witcher 1 to 3 and the feeling was amazing. I love your touch of the details, how every card in Gwent online have some history and everyone who have read the books and played the games will know what every card means. Gwent online make me to want to play the games and read the books again :).
I personally really like your last update. Now i meet Scoathel, Nilfgaard and Monsters in matches in regular intervals. I like that Nilfgard is more stronger and balanced towards my faction NR. I also feel that i have balanced matches vs Scoathel and Monsters too. Everyone have chance to win and i enjoy the game more. Now nobody play Skellige in ranked (at least i didnt met any today and i played ranked whole day). That also make me happy, because i really hated that overpowered faction and now noobs have more hard time, because they need to actually think on their moves.
Last i really like the new rating system. Personally i think its should remain like that, because its less frustrating and more rewarding. Before it was very hard to rank up if you dont play Skellige like me, because you need to win in a row and that was impossible for me with NR and meeting SK every match. Now i feel the factions are balanced and winning is more rewarding. Thank you for your work, its appreciated.

rogeriofi;n9089230 said:
What NR buff? If anything NR was nerfed.
Not even talking about the golds that are so bad that most people uses the neutral golds instead.

I'll trade you Saesenthesis for your Pippa Heart. That girl is a beast even at 1 power. I'll even throw in Aglais!

I think that game went from one very bad corner to another. And still there is no balance.

Weather weather weather changed to buff buff buff.
I saw buffs to dwarfes, harpies, witchrs etc etc etc.
Before patch, you couldnt stop weather spam, now you cant stop buff spam. One sort of spam changed to another. Gotta say I like today spam better, but its still a spam.

I think there must be some limit to special cards in the deck.
Until that, Devs will keep killing archetypes with "balance" patches and we will never achieve balance.
​​​​​​
The only nerf which is very very good, I think, is Kambi. Kambi is no more.

Celestes666;n9110160 said:
... I think there must be some limit to special cards in the deck...

Yes - I was saying this at the time before the hot fix when the Weather Spam was at it's worse - after all, those are Special Bronze Cards, with which each and every one does have (more often than not) huge effect on the field. It was way more notable with the Weather Spam, but it starts to show it's ugly head again with this non-stop buffing BS.

Thanks for nerfing Weather, CDPR. It was really getting out of hand to play against.

PS. Please look into prevent drop/sync hack exploits.

Last edited:
There are too many people around bitching about your great work, CDPR team. So I decided to leave a feedback in your support.
I am at 3900 MMR and I can see a lot of different decks around. This is close to top 1000 and there are really several archetypes per each faction out there. It is extremely interesting to play since you always meet some new ideas. I salute you for balancing out factions to achieve this. Previously there were only 2 decks at the top and it was really boring. I think you are performing great and you are going into right direction. Continue good work!

^ What he said, this patch is one with the biggest variety of decks/factions being played in the top of the ladder. Most patches only had around 2-3. Plus new decks are being discovered each day to counter the top ones, so all in all this patch seems a great success, which feels good after the epic fail of the previous one :)

I really enjoy the game now after the hotfix! Weather is not dead, it's just more fun to play around, thanks!

ExNilos;n9145780 said:
I milled a bunch of cards and didn't get the extra scraps, will I get them back?

If you are talking about the cards that were nerfed, then no, the refund only applies for up to 3 days after the patch.

ExNilos;n9145780 said:
I milled a bunch of cards and didn't get the extra scraps, will I get them back?

Did you not read this part?

Burza46;n9075190 said:
Cards which were significantly changed, will have increased value for milling for 3 days following the release of the hotfix.

The patch came out 12 days ago, so I think you missed the window.

Last edited:
Monsters consume is so OP that now if I see it I simply forfeit from the start. You need to be extremely lucky to counter everything they have (Katakan, Echimara, Nekkers, Arachas etc.) You can't lock them all down and if you don't have the exact counters in your hand you will loose.

blotunga;n9201591 said:
Monsters consume is so OP that now if I see it I simply forfeit from the start. You need to be extremely lucky to counter everything they have (Katakan, Echimara, Nekkers, Arachas etc.) You can't lock them all down and if you don't have the exact counters in your hand you will loose.

lol...take a deep breath mate. This is not true, i'm a main NG and all you have to do to win vs Monster consume is: card advantage and keep something to deal with grave hag. Please, do not complain about everything ( not you in particular ) and try to envelop some strategy to face the opponent :D

this is the actually notes update that appears in my game option [in brazilian portuguese] , this is correct???

Rushian_San;n9489041 said:
this is the actually notes update that appears in my game option [in brazilian portuguese] , this is correct???

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. The patch notes (if that is what you mean) may be old in some cases.
You have to look at the date of the patch notes to be sure.

Top Bottom