[NEW CARD] Clan an Craite Greatsword

+
Its good to see selfwounding/warcry Skellige get some love, but I feel like this card could be too clunky and slow to use.

SkippyHole;n9324721 said:
Its good to see selfwounding/warcry Skellige get some love, but I feel like this card could be too clunky and slow to use.

Slow? The card is insane. Don't forget it's a base strength boost. And it will boost further after you res it. SK has tools enough of it's own to boost this, and most monster decks play fog, and most decks played are monster.
Nerf incomming.

Does this card have a veteran tag? Dang pairing this card with light Longships could be nasty. But with it triggering every 2 turns you'll have plenty of time to counter it.

4RM3D;n9324741 said:
Henceforth, you shall be named: Craitesword
This card has the seeds of Craiteness within it.

(On a more serious note, in real life, that would be rather a heavy sword to wield, since it appears to lack any fullers to lighten the weight of the blade. In fact, even our burly island friend seems to be having just a wee bit of trouble shouldering it.)

Last edited:
This card is too powerful. 6 base srenghth is too much. It should be a 3 or 4. It is essentially a weather proof card and a growing nasty. I don't see why SK,is getting so much love? I hope thier preexisting cards get appropriately nerfed during the patch

GiantDad now in Gwent!
Power up the bass cannon!
FIRE!

P.S. hope someone from DS plays gwent too :)

Mnorojo;n9326951 said:
This card is too powerful. 6 base srenghth is too much. It should be a 3 or 4. It is essentially a weather proof card and a growing nasty. I don't see why SK,is getting so much love? I hope thier preexisting cards get appropriately nerfed during the patch

That makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to me.

First, "This card is too powerful" - How can you say that when I haven't even seen the card played? Don't judge something before you've seen it in action. For me, this card just looks like a SK version of Redanian Knight. Would you say the Redanian Knight is too powerful? I don't think so. Plus maybe the card will get the Regressing tag, we don't know that.

Second "It is essentially a weather proof card..." - Is it a bad thing, really? Remember that SK don't have ANY weather removal bronze card. And I'm not talking about the Brokvar Hunter because it's not a "weather" card.

Third "...and a growing nasty" - Again, The Redanian Knight is basicaly the same card and no one is complaining about it.

Fourth "I don't see why SK is getting so much love" - What does make you think that? Because SK and Monsters dominate the ladder right now doesn't mean they will after the next patch. And what would you want? That CDPR creates 21 new cards but NOT A SINGLE CARD for the current dominant factions, even tho the meta will probably changes drastically? Come on, you know it would be dumb. And we only saw TWO new cards for Skellige and the other card is just a weaker version of the NG Alchemist so nothing overpowered, again.

Fifth "I hope their preexisting cards get appropriately nerfed during the patch" - It's almost certain now that Monsters and SK will be highly nerfed, atleast the Dagon deck and the Cerys/Discard deck. (such as NR Keadweni Sergeant but that's not the point)

Finally - Don't judge the "love" that CDPR gives to a specific faction based on a single card, you don't know what they planned for the other factions. Maybe ST, NG and NR new cards will be even more powerful than those given to Monsters and SK.

Last edited:
partci;n9324561 said:
Can we get some actually GOOD cards for NG and ST too?

I have enough of SK and MS as it is.

Did you look at the revealed card for ST, it seems pretty good if not broken in some cases.

I can understand other faction lovers hate towards sk after this as I too felt same way when early patches there are no good cards for SK :/ :D

About this card this is purely magnetic to scorch, igni, villy & I am sure it's going to be regressing so its not going to keep all the buff strength in graveyard. Plus I heard new neutral mage is coming which can spawn griffin so that now every faction is going to have graveyard stealing so please before whining at least wait for patch to be release.

Another thing is I really like & appreciating this new approach of reds of being touch with members with feeding small information & trying to communicate with all.
Please keep them coming.

Last edited:
PervertedOldMan;n9327141 said:
Did you look at the revealed card for ST, it seems pretty good if not broken in some cases.

Which one? This BOOSTING fellow?

Please.

Esclive
You can not compare the self BOOSTING Redanian Knight, for which he needs certain conditions, to the easily resurrected 15 or so STR in third Round Greatsworder. Combine this with another 15 STR bronze like the Scimisher. Two with a combine 25-30 STR Bronze cards in Round 3. Nothing wrong here.

To people complaining about SK getting a strong card here, do keep in mind that it is for a currently weak archetype. It won't make discard any stronger, just make the other archetype more viable.

Besides, we've not seen what they have done with the discard cards. Even if they didn't nerf them (I hope not, buffs are more fun), buffs to other weaker card is very likely.

It's all about making the game more diverse, which cards like this really help with, since you might actually see a non-discard SK next patch as well. Now all we get is Bran.

It is good that SK gets some diversity, problem is that other factions have to chose from A and... A again. Cause NG Assassin looks interesting, but might end up just looking interesting and stay non-viable. Like Assassination.

Top Bottom