Watch GWENT Open live from gamescom

+
Watch GWENT Open live from gamescom

Tune in to our Twitch channel this Friday (August 25th) and Saturday (August 26th) at 12PM CEST to watch the gamescom GWENT Open tournament live from Cologne, Germany. The stream will be casted in English by Connagh “Merchant” Hawkins, Dane “McBeard” McBurnie, and Miguel “MegaMogwai” Guerrero León.

The gamescom GWENT Open will see a total of 8 players compete for a piece of the $25,000 prize pool and a ticket for the next GWENT Challenger. 7 of them are the top players from among those who signed up to participate in the tournament, determined by their ranking on August 1st.

Joining them as the tournament’s final player will be the winner of the Wild Card Qualifiers, which will be held on August 24th, prior to the main event.

Don’t forget to follow our new Twitter account @GWENTMasters for regular updates on The Witcher Card Game’s official esports series!

Last edited:
Where is the wisdom in hosting a tournament (for money) with a game still stuck in beta, especially one that isn't finished yet? At least when Battleground did it a few months ago, it was for charity. They certainly didn't need the publicity the way Gwent does. This is laughable.

BTorville;n9359611 said:
Where is the wisdom in hosting a tournament (for money) with a game still stuck in beta, especially one that isn't finished yet? At least when Battleground did it a few months ago, it was for charity. They certainly didn't need the publicity the way Gwent does. This is laughable.

The game is better done in its beta state than most of games at day one that come out nowdays so I can't think of any reason to be against the idea, especially since nobody forces peoples to watch it.

I personally can't wait to see that, The first tournament was awesome and I expect that one to be even better.

Top Bottom