x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

  • Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWENT: Thronebreaker is coming to The Witcher Card Game!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GWENT: Thronebreaker is coming to The Witcher Card Game!



    Prepare to embark on a new adventure from the world of The Witcher in Thronebreaker — GWENT’s single player story campaign.

    GWENT: Thronebreaker spins a truly regal tale of Meve — a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms. Facing an imminent foreign invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath, and sets out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.



    Explore new and never before seen parts of The Witcher world, embark on thought-provoking quests, gather resources, and engage in custom-made story battles, which twist the game’s rules in wildly unexpected ways.

    GWENT: Thronebreaker will release this year on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. More information is available on playgwent.com.

  • #2
    I'm really happy to hear about this single player campaign. Custom-made stories also sounds awesome.

    Comment


    • #3

      Comment


      • #4
        Woooopeeeeeeeeee!!! Sooo exited about this!



        PS: Any change that "Coming this year" means like... next week? Or, tomorrow?

        Comment


        • #5
          Will this actually be canon to the games?

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks Good! C A N N O T W A I T !

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice

              Comment


              • #8
                Insta buyin it once its ready, hypu

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wonder how the 20 new multiplayer cards work. Considering Lyria is Northern Realms, are we getting 20 new Northern Realms cards, and, importantly, are they going to introduce Meve as a leader? It'll be great to see exactly what this brings, and I wanted more Meve in the books so this should be great.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SkippyHole View Post
                    I wonder how the 20 new multiplayer cards work. Considering Lyria is Northern Realms, are we getting 20 new Northern Realms cards, and, importantly, are they going to introduce Meve as a leader? It'll be great to see exactly what this brings, and I wanted more Meve in the books so this should be great.
                    I don't expect that pve on 27th. We will get 20 cards and I'm pretty sure that this pve mode will be launch after the next season (another 2 months), thats why they said this year. Maybe then they will add more than 20 cards (like a huge expansion) so there will be no problem to add 20 cards to each faction. Like 20 freeto NR forfinishingpve mode and the other in kegs. Who knows.
                    Last edited by Ejecutor-EU; 22-08-17, 15:30.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ejecutor-EU View Post

                      I don't expect that pve on 27th. We will get 20 cards and I'm pretty sure that this pve mode will be launch after the next season (another 2 months), thats why they said this year. Maybe then they will add more than 20 cards (like a huge expansion) so there will be no problem to add 20 cards to each faction. Like 20 freeto NR forfinishingpve mode and the other in kegs. Who knows.
                      No I don't expect it this patch. In fact, with how delayed they seem to be adding new cards I'm expecting it late November/early December, with no other cards being added before then. But I'm fairly sure it says on the site something about adding 20 new cards only, and I think it's been confirmed we are getting Meve as a leader, which suggests that the game will be a bit tilted towards NR for a while.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Campain cards are separate from the 20 or so cards we get every 2 months and as far as i know will not be playable in multiplayer.

                        Campaign is instabuy for me as well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Vaishar View Post
                          Campain cards are separate from the 20 or so cards we get every 2 months and as far as i know will not be playable in multiplayer.

                          Campaign is instabuy for me as well.
                          "When the story ends, take a piece of it with you into online battles, with 20 new, Thronebreaker-inspired cards for your multiplayer collection."

                          So no, not separate.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Definitely going to pick this up. Still i'm really worried about the cards attached to a campaign that should be real money only. It would definitely a step into the p2w territory and that's something CDPR should be really careful about.
                            Reading from various media gwent have a reputation as a f2p friendly ccg due to how generous his reward system is, but we all know a wrong step can destroy your reputation in an instant...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dominika View Post
                              Explore new and never before seen parts of The Witcher world, embark on thought-provoking quests, gather resources, and engage in custom-made story battles, which twist the game’s rules in wildly unexpected ways.
                              Hmm. I'm intrigued. You've piqued our interest. Please, continue . . . .

                              The art style in some ways reminds me of a few older top-down RPGs -- quite a change from Witcher III. I'm eager to see how the talented RED artists have made use of this different format.

                              'This year' is indeed rather vague, but, seeing as we've only about 4 months left in the year, I wager we'll see it sooner or later (hopefully before the winter holidays)?

                              Does the preliminary estimate of 10 hours still hold true, or will this first campaign run a bit longer than that?



                              'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

                              Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, review the Rules and Regulations of the Forums. Thank you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X