GWENT: Thronebreaker is coming to The Witcher Card Game!

+
Is this campaign can be bought using ingame money ? The same money we use to buy kegs. Since im just a f1p scrub that can't spare any money to buy games

Lornick77;n9393091 said:
As always, the devil is in the details. Will the cards be unattainable to people who don't pay or can they be attained with scraps? What will the price point be and how often can we expect these kinds of add-ons? If they are priced fairly and they don't do these too often (IE more than 4 times a year) I don't have a problem paying. Obviously, they need money for this game to be successful otherwise support for the game will end. Those of us who play regularly don't want that and are willing to throw em a bone once in a while. So I will withhold judgement until I have all the facts. I encourage everyone to do the same.
That's not possible. Locking cards behind a paywall is a no-no and will kill the game in the long run. F2p people (the majority) will leave this game if that happens. I expect that the cards will be available for f2p people in other ways, because i don't think that CDPR is so stupid.

IMO if they make it possible to buy the campaign with ingame currency, it should be worth at least 6000 Iron Ores (1 month of savings).

The majority will stay.Because the majority (myself included) begged CDPR for a Gwent standaline card game.Because the majority knows that CDPR listens to the fanbase.

While its obvious CDPR wants and should make money of gwent, and a paid single player campaign release is mostly welcome, I think the multiplayer part should stay f2p as it is now.

For me a great part of the game is colletcing the cards, and doing so by achieving them from the kegs/bonuses/scraps that i earned for playing, lvling, ranking up and wining. If gwent wasn't free to play I would gladly buy it for 50-60$ but I would never buy a keg even for 10 cents, it would just take away a major part of the fun I have playing and pretty much spoil the game for me. I want to work for my kegs and cards (work means play) not go to work in order to buy them.

It was posted here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...ebreaker/page2 that the campaign will add 20 cards to the multiplayer colletcion, not specifying if these multiplayer cards will only be available to players that bought the campaign or achievable by everyone via game currency. Though I'm definetly buying at least the first campaign, I hope that not only these multiplayer cards will be achievable by the entire comunity but also that they won't be just given to players that bought the campaign.

In cocnlusion, the multiplayer part shoud stay f2p (with the option for players to get kegs for real money like it is now), while single player stuff and perhaps some cosmetical features that don't affect gameplay (like in dota 2 for instance) can be payed content only.

Last edited:
Make the new cards craftable (and more expensive than normal cards) but only players who paid can have the premium versions - End of problem.

I don't see a problem with making them craftable at normal price, including premium. The one buying are getting them as a bonus anyways.

Nor me, but if CD Project want to make it so that people buy the SP campaign but don't want to make it pay to win, I'd be fine with them being more expensive. But really the premium cards being only accessible to those who paid seems perfectly fair to me.

Karajorma;n9430411 said:
But really the premium cards being only accessible to those who paid seems perfectly fair to me.
I don't think that should be necessary. I believe most of those paying for the campaigns do so for the SP content and because they are a fan of the Witcher's world and lore. Getting the MP cards for free is enough of a bonus to me. Let them all be craftable just like all other cards in the game, including premiums. Maybe they could give some other aesthetic goodies to those buying the campaign, like Meve's avatar, a themed border and a title like "The White Queen" :).

DRK3

Forum veteran
I see everyone talking about if the cards of the campaign will be available to others, and this paid vs f2p discussion, and im here wondering if the article i read was false...

Because it said there would be a new faction. And new Leaders. And yet i dont see anyone mentioning those that i would consider are the big news.

DRK3;n9539031 said:
I see everyone talking about if the cards of the campaign will be available to others, and this paid vs f2p discussion, and im here wondering if the article i read was false...

Because it said there would be a new faction. And new Leaders. And yet i dont see anyone mentioning those that i would consider are the big news.

The new faction and new leaders are not relevant for the solo campaign, so mentioning it here wouldn't make much sense.

I'm sure there'll be a big announcement once a patch with new faction and/or the new leaders is near.

eternum_turlte;n9585071 said:
should we try and save up gold for thing expansion?

I´m saving money, but just because I have most of the cards. If they finally make the campaing available by Ore, which is hard, I think I will have enough :)

Top Bottom