Change to placing on Pro Ladder

+
Change to placing on Pro Ladder

Following the announcement of GWENT Masters we have received a lot of feedback from you — the gamers. Based on that feedback, we decided to introduce a change to how the ranking for Pro Ladder will work.

Though your overall and faction MMRs will be constantly shifting depending on the results and amount of the matches you play, your placement in the ranking will base on the highest overall MMR you have achieved during the season. For example, if you are ranked 3rd with 4750 MMR at any point in the season and lose a number of games, causing your overall MMR to drop significantly, you will remain ranked 3rd until the end of the season, unless another player surpasses your peak overall MMR of 4750.

We believe this will promote healthy competition among gamers right up to the very last moments of a Pro Ladder season and help avoid a situation where players would feel discouraged from participating in order to secure their ranking.

This change will come into effect immediately with the start of the Pro Ladder season on September 1st. The Rankings section available on the website will adapt to the new system soon after.

Please note that GWENT Masters Rules & Regulations have been updated to reflect this change. The latest version of the document will soon be available on masters.playgwent.com.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me, it will certainly combat the frenzy that grasped the ladder in the final days before the qualifications for the Open and the frenzy for end season rewards right now.

Consistency is far more valued this way, not the imperative of getting a good winning streak before the midnight of the last day. As you said more healthy competition, well done.

Any word on the pro ladder rewards, aside from crowns for tiny fraction of the best competitiors, since it would be insane to expect people playing two ladders concurrently?

This is great indeed! Are you planning to use this same method with the Normal Ladder in case it proves to be successful?

Question.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned
and with the plethora of news this week i might have over looked it

But.

So the Pro Ladder is now locked to all players that didn't make the seasons end deadline.
Does this mean when the original ladder starts again.. if we reach rank 20/21 (like in a few weeks) we are not allowed to advance to the pro ladder...and have to wait 2 months for the season to end?

My understanding is that at the end of next season all rank 21 will be able to join the next (after the next) season's Pro Ladder.

You're both right TheShift and Exoclyps, you'll have to wait 2 months, until the next season hits, to join the Pro Ladder if you didn't make it this time. And to join the following Pro Ladders, if they do not change it in the future, you'll need rank 21.

However unless you're really willing to spend lots and lots of time playing Gwent and also comfortable with the idea to climb a much more competitive ladder to ultimately play on tournaments, there's no point on joining it, for there are no other rewards involved.

Thanks for clearing that up..kind of what I thought ..just wasn't sure.
and no.. I am not totally into the competitive aspect of gwent.. doing the original ladder is just fine with me.
This last time i was close.. and I love a challenge so I gave it a shot.. couldn't be that close and not try,kinda thing

Top Bottom