x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME GOLD IMMUNITY UPDATE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. This will be my first post and I'd like to share my first impressions from the update.

The good stuff:
    * No more gold immunity. I think this is a welcome change that will more or less revolutionize how we play Gwent. It will take some time to getting used to and I wouldn't be surprised if some gold cards turn out to be very op but for now, I'm happy.
    * Some much needed changes to Reaver hunters and Celaeno harpies.
    *More bronze cards. The game is in desperate need of more cards so this is good.

The meh:
    *Why swap the abilities of Kaedweni seargant and Blue stripes scout?
    *By the looks of it, Monsters is still the go-to faction when you want to win games.
    *The Whale Harpooner is just overly complicated. With that, I'm not saying that I do not understand what it is doing but that it is trying to hard. Right now, it feels like almost every card has to make some quirky reactive play but what the game really needs is just some basic cards with some meat. The fact that most factions doesn't have a bronze card without a deploy ability says it all.
    *With the removal of trios, NR lost some of its flavor and doesn't look as fun (or strong) to play anymore.

The bad:
    *No change to the Letho-DB-combo.
    *Tremors seems very strong.
    *The fact that Xarthisius now can look at the opponents complete deck AND move a card to the bottom is crazy. If anything, he should not have a body at all but he's 10 strength!
    *With golds now targetable, Morenn can kill gold cards like Rainfarm, Shani, Eilhart, Ithlinne, Coral, Kayran ...and the list goes on before its deploy ability! And even if the opponent doesn't play a gold she will always be good for 13 strength.

Also, you should really undo the changes made to Birna Bran cause she went from a unique gold to a really shitty one. A Skellige storm with a value of 3? Really? At the very least give me a chance to mill her for her full value.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokfish View Post
      Is anyone else seeing the in-game patch notes as the July 5th ones?
      Yeah. Thank fuck I found out cause I was about to mill all those cards lol. Would've been so pissed if I actually did that.

Comment

NR was nerfed so fucking hard, I think I might be done with this game for a while. I cannot figure out how to make this deck work anymore. Henselt can only apply his effect to specific NR sub-factions? What the hell? It's totally confusing. And Revers lost their main advantage. NR is worthless now imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Strudelnog View Post
          NR was nerfed so fucking hard, I think I might be done with this game for a while. I cannot figure out how to make this deck work anymore. Henselt can only apply his effect to specific NR sub-factions? What the hell? It's totally confusing. And Revers lost their main advantage. NR is worthless now imo.
          Yup... Unfortunately, after I finished building my NR deck today, for which I sacrificed most of my other units and decks, it just became irrelevant. Just when I was getting the hang of it. So same as you, guess that's that for now. Cheers.

Comment

Very bad patch.. that's all I can say :/ too much mess

Comment

Originally posted by Shahzaky View Post

Also, you should really undo the changes made to Birna Bran cause she went from a unique gold to a really shitty one. A Skellige storm with a value of 3? Really? At the very least give me a chance to mill her for her full value.
              I agree, her old ability was more fun to play.

Comment

Wildhounds still works, at least they buffed drowners and archgrifin.
                Sucubus needs some armor and why cyprian wiley cant kill that bitch of morenn...
                Last edited by Pruny; 30-08-17, 15:33.

Comment

Sorry for my bad English. I have a problem that annoys me. I chose premium hjalmar (that I already own) in my starter pack instead of premium shani (which I do not own) because hjalmar is in the full mill refund list in the game. Same probleme with succubus that is on the full mill refund list. Unfortunately I learned later that the in game list was wrong. Is there a possibility that I get the full mill value for this 2 cards? Or at least my premium shani back in exchange of hjalmar? I feel cheated. Thanx

Comment

I'm updating client as I write so all I can say about "patch notes" is:
                    If gold cards aren´t immune anymore to most of card effects, what makes the difference between them and silver cards?
                    About all the cards changed and the new ones I can only have an opinion after I check all the cards in collection when my client is updated. Therefore, so far my feedback is equal to patch notes info.
                    Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by WillDragon View Post
                      If gold cards aren´t immune anymore to most of card effects, what makes the difference between them and silver cards?
                      some effects say "bronze" or "bronze or silver" card, so there are still less effects that affect gold cards than others.

Comment

Originally posted by scorba View Post

some effects say "bronze" or "bronze or silver" card, so there are still less effects that affect gold cards than others.
                        I´m talking about immunity, those effects you are talking about aren´t nothing related to negative effects, except the new card Artefact compression. All other cards "Special" with negative effects affect gold cards.

Comment

Originally posted by WillDragon View Post
                          Good point. Now Special card abusers and lazy thinkers are having a field day because no card is immune anymore. But I guess those lazy thinkers buy a lot of kegs and meteorite powder so CDPR gave them preference.
                          "Sometimes, I think the universe just waits for me to get cocky."

Comment

Originally posted by LordOcampo View Post

Good point. Now Special card abusers and lazy thinkers are having a field day because no card is immune anymore. But I guess those lazy thinkers buy a lot of kegs and meteorite powder so CDPR gave them preference.
                            Are you serious? i dunno if you are just trolling or what, because your comment doesnt make sense, but not only you, also the other complaining about:

1. some cards were better before (like vabjorn, birna bran, etc) when they were actually never used in any deck...

2. some cards reworked when lets be honest, they were very toxic and needed a better way to play with them (like foglets, saskia, imperial golems, reaver hunters). This last one ppl already over-used him with operator, henselt, shani, nenneke, reinforcements, reaver scout... they dont even care what u play and was NON INTERACTIVE

3. more scraps for practically all the cards modified, which is crazy since CDPR is very generous: besides you get to choose one card, you get 1 keg guaranteed per day (sometimes 2 if you go for the 18 wins reward), we aready got a lot of rewards from the last season and the current placement! (e.g. i gor rewards for lv 19 and for being placed at 9 in this season, which is around ~25 kegs and ~1000 scraps...). Seroiusly, you can actually buy the starter pack or kegs practically to show appreciation to CDPR hard work rather than getting more cards.

If you still dont like it, go to hearthstone and try to get a decent collection as well as someone listen to your feedback about how frustrating the game is

Comment

So, after I checked all the cards, here are my impressions:
                              Gold cards, without immunity, are the same as Silver ones and in some cases worse because Silver cards can be used by some efects like recall them and gold ones can't.
                              Factions: I liked the changes and some of the new cards overall because they focused on some deck strategy, like Crew, Spying, Reveal, Discard, Boost, Damage, Strenghten, Dwarves, Move, Deathwish, etc.
                              I have a question about one card though, I don't quite understand its meaning: Assassin - damage enemies by 8 and then 8, what does this mean? I guess it means it damages 8 enemies by 1 and one random enemy by 8 or we pick two enemies and damage them both by 8? Someone who has this card and already used it can tell me please?
                              Last edited by WillDragon; 31-08-17, 02:11.

Comment

Saskia is a whole different card now but artwork... full return milling for it would be approptiate in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X