GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME HOTFIX IS NOW LIVE!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME HOTFIX IS NOW LIVE!

New hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

With this update, our main focus was to fix all of major issues, which players were experiencing plus additional changes to gameplay, specifically for Scoia'tael and Skellige.

Cards which were significantly changed, will have increased value for milling for 3 days following the release of the hotfix. The cards on the list, when milled, will create an amount of scraps and powder equal to the amount of scraps and powder needed to craft a card of the same value.
  • Dwarven Agitator
  • Iris
  • Kambi
  • Morenn
  • Sage
  • Stammelford's Tremors
  • Summoning Circle
  • Vrihedd Officer
  • Elven Wardancer
Full list of changes can be found here:

Neutral/General
  • Summoning Circle has gained the following Category tags: Doomed
  • Stammelford's Tremmors will now summon a Lesser Guardian instead of an Earth Elemental.
  • Iris' ability has changed. It is now: Deathwish: Boost 5 random Units on the other side of the Board by 5.
Skellige
  • Tuirseach Veteran will now also trigger the Veteran abilities of other Tuirseach Veterans.
  • An Enemy moved by the Whale Harpooner will now be Damaged by the number of all Units, including itself, on the row it moved to.
  • Clan Tuirseach Axeman Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Herbalist Power changed from 1 to 2.
  • Kambi loyalty changed from Loyal to Disloyal.
  • Kambi will now spawn Hemdall on its side of the Board.
  • Harald the Cripple will now Damage by 2 instead of by 1 on Deploy.
  • Harald the Cripple Power changed from 6 to 5.
Scoia'tael
  • Sage will now Banish the card it Resurrects.
  • Farseer will no longer Boost self when Units in your Deck are Boosted.
  • Morenn Power changed from 8 to 7.
  • Dwarven Agitator Power changed from 3 to 2.
  • Elven Wardancer Power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Vrihedd Officer will now Boost self by the base Power of the card from your Hand you Mulligan, not the card you Draw.
  • Vrihedd Officer Power changed from 6 to 4.
Game Fixes
  • Several tweaks to tooltips in various languages.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Aeromancy was able to summon Drought.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Cockatrice was not being Boosted after playing Triss: Butterfly Spell and Yennefer: The Conjurer.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Ithlinne had the Agent tag despite being Loyal.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Saskia's ability would not trigger if you had less than 2 other cards in your Hand and/or less than 2 Bronze cards in your Deck.
  • Fixed an issue whereby if Morenn was face down after both players had passed, she would flip over.
  • Fixed an issue whereby some players were not able to open Kegs.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Jotunn was able to target unrevealed Ambushes.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry was able to remove its own Armor.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Kayran did not Boost self by 8 when face down Toruviel was the only target for Consume.
  • Fix an issue whereby Bekker's Twisted Mirror would trigger twice if the Highest Unit had more than 20 Power.

Last edited:
I'm beyond happy about the Stammelford's change. Kind of feel like the Drowner should have been nerfed slightly though. At least something's happening.

Last edited:
Stammelford's Tremmors will now summon a Lesser Guardian instead of an Earth Elemental. - Is the lesser guardian six strength?

Pretty sure Renew broke in this update. Dijkstra pulled Renew and it gave me Shani and I never had her once in the game.

July 5th (wish it was, that would mean more holiday time) it said to me when I logged in. Came on the forum to see what the hell was going on haha

Fair enough. hotfix time!

These are great changes and a good step in the right direction. I think making these changes, seeing how the meta responds, then adding more to adjust NR, NG and monsters is the smartest way to go about things.

I feel like people are misunderstanding the Kambi change, isn't the card worse now? Can no longer be killed with Roar to give you free points and the other player still gains Hemdall...

iijoeey-;n9470001 said:
I feel like people are misunderstanding the Kambi change, isn't the card worse now? Can no longer be killed with Roar to give you free points and the other player still gains Hemdall...

& What if opp. having Roar ?

Skellige does seem to have gotten a probably undeserved pat on the back. As if we'd not all had enough of this faction last season.

Last edited:
These changes are excellent, getting rid of ridiculous abuses while still keeping interesting cards like Sage or tremors viable. This was badly needed and I was sick of facing mulligan or spell'a'tell decks in 70% of my games on the ranked ladder. As a Skellige player those buffs are really smart changes especially veteran and harpooner. Harald may be overkill but hey he's still not as busted as Francesca.

My only gripe is Herbalist, either she needs to be 3 power like the hound or Aretuza adept or make her a 1 str toolbox that chooses the card. Even 3 str randomized is still bad, at least NR can have adepts pull a blue stripes for a 6 power play and wild hunt can buff the hound with boats, Skellige has no way to boost her power so she'd be much more interesting as a toolbox card.

iijoeey-;n9470001 said:

Absolutely right, this is a big nerf to Kambi, and it was deserved. The abuse case for it was queensgard decks killing it with Roar (or via Gremist) so when opponent got hemdall the SK player got a bear which came down AFTER the board was wiped. Meaning you only gave your opponent about 5 points or so after the board wipe. Kambi is now back to a meme thats generally not competitive but can be useful by particular decks that go out of their way to make use of it, which is really what a card like that should be.

idk just don't feel balance at all,my gold cards killed with alzur thunder that cost 80 scarps to craft dont feel right

joshorwitz;n9470321 said:
Absolutely right, this is a big nerf to Kambi, and it was deserved.

A nerf, yes? BUT, and this is a big one, you can now instantly trigger Kambi with Weather or Bears.

A nerf, yes? BUT, and this is a big one, you can now instantly trigger Kambi with Weather or Bears.

Holy shit that's OP !

Really disappointed they didn't nerf Hailstorm, but otherwise it's pretty good.

It's nice to see CDPR instantly come out with a hotfix to sort out some obviously broken mechanics, but I think they need to do another one. Seems like everyone's instantly switched to Pirate Captain discards and Armour NR, decks that needed some changes as well, but it didn't happen. Surprised no Hailstorm nerf either.

Top Bottom