GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME HOTFIX IS NOW LIVE!

+
As a guy who plays armor NR ... I love the hailstorm mechanic. Just dont stack your buffed row, whats so hard about it? I also have one. Won many games with it.

4RM3D;n9470461 said:
A nerf, yes? BUT, and this is a big one, you can now instantly trigger Kambi with Weather or Bears.

I mean sure, but the point is that it gives your opponent a 16 point boost over you after the wipe. As opposed to before where you killed it with Roar which gives the opponent only a 5 point boost over you post-wipe (since they got a 16 point Hemdall and Kambi player got an 11 point bear). This is basically an 11 point nerf to the card for the decks that could abuse it this way, mostly Queensgard.

The 16 point swing is what was intended to balance the card. I'd say it's not a competitive card now but its easier to use in cheeky casual decks that want to find ways to abuse the effect (scorching hemdall, etc)

A few thoughts on the 9/5 Hotfix

First. And most importantly, the devs made a mistake by GROSSLY overreacting to Swim's Spell'tael Deck. Did you probably need to nerf the Farseer? Yeah, but I predicted that when the card was published. Did you have to nerf Tremors? Maybe. There was a large disdain for carryover being overtly neutral, and I understand. I don't really mind this. Did you need to nerf Sage? Probably not. Swim's deck was pretty solid, but it didn't need 3 separate cards to get nerfed. That's borderline obscene.

Secondly, Axemen needed a buff? Really? I know they got nerfed with the patch, but they didn't require a buff as far as I could see. You don't really need to buff a card 1 Str when you can resurrect it 5 times.

Finally, Kambi still has no synergy. It's not a worthwhile play for Morkvarg, it still kills Hjalmar, and QG are usually banished or stolen by the time Kambi is a smart play. It needed to be reworked, but it needed to be reworked better than this.

joshorwitz;n9470951 said:
The 16 point swing is what was intended to balance the card.

You are forgetting about Morkvarg and Cerys. Even so, Kambi remains a tricky card to play.

no fix on enforcers triggering twice if they come from a emissarie? (if there is a 3 emissarie chain into emforcer it will deal 8 dmg, seems fix worthy), also hailstorm which is the equivalent to the old weather in this patch, makes huge swings cause u increased pratically all the card values and let a card such as that unchanged...

petersnowz;n9471431 said:
no fix on enforcers triggering twice if they come from a emissarie? (if there is a 3 emissarie chain into emforcer it will deal 8 dmg, seems fix worthy)...

I imagine it works as it should, otherwise the card will be next to useless. Plus, if you kill some of the Emissaries it breaks the chain (round 1 turn 1, for example, it happens sometimes).

frbfree;n9471111 said:
Did you need to nerf Sage? Probably not

Personally think sage + tremors were the main offenders. Tremors with carryover didn't seem to make much sense. And it was too easy to pull too many without the Banish mechanic on sage.

So, more NR armor. Trololo is better than most gold cards but remains as is. NG nto touched in the slightest either. And in-game patch notes are wrong.

partci;n9471141 said:
Why not fix the Drowner 4 DMG or the 7 body? It's ridiculous.

seriously? they are the only bronze of any value in a frost deck. at best a 13 pt play. most times 11, and only if conditions met.

whereas pirate captains and spotters (which barely much set up for them) can get insane values. if v-officers (who got over-nerfed) are an issue, i don't get why spotters and captains are not looked into. spotters can get an easy +13 buff, +22 with some set up with bonuses from the weather clear soldiers. while it takes some set up, no limits to how high pirate captains can get with constant in and out of graveyward of skirmishers or a previously buffed up greatsword.

Was Iris really such a big play? I tried a deck with her, it didn't work out too well. She was still very niche and required tons of setup.

Iris is very strong with gold being targetable and so many control cards. This is still 25 points boost. But you can have like 10+ units with all the new cards quite easily and get crazy value out. As it stands, 25 - 6, iris gives you max of 19.

arubino99;n9471731 said:
Was Iris really such a big play? I tried a deck with her, it didn't work out too well. She was still very niche and required tons of setup.
I like this change for iris. Before she used to boost all ur side of the board by 2 or 3 ( cant remember exactly) .
The problem here was having a big board so you can get advantage from it. Now it boosts 5 units by 5 which will give you insane value with a much easier setup.

As for the rest of the patch, you can now be prepared for a ladder consisted of 70% harald axmen deck as we didint have enough of them already !

Cardzilla;n9471681 said:
seriously? they are the only bronze of any value in a frost deck. at best a 13 pt play. most times 11...

For a BRONZE card without any set up. Tremendous.

So Scoia'tael was hit hard with nerf hammer while Northern Realms reigns overpowered, I think we all know which side creator of this hotfix choose in Witcher 1 :D

frbfree;n9471111 said:
First. And most importantly, the devs made a mistake by GROSSLY overreacting to Swim's Spell'tael Deck. Did you probably need to nerf the Farseer? Yeah, but I predicted that when the card was published. Did you have to nerf Tremors? Maybe. There was a large disdain for carryover being overtly neutral, and I understand. I don't really mind this. Did you need to nerf Sage? Probably not. Swim's deck was pretty solid, but it didn't need 3 separate cards to get nerfed. That's borderline obscene.

Secondly, Axemen needed a buff? Really? I know they got nerfed with the patch, but they didn't require a buff as far as I could see. You don't really need to buff a card 1 Str when you can resurrect it 5 times.

Finally, Kambi still has no synergy. It's not a worthwhile play for Morkvarg, it still kills Hjalmar, and QG are usually banished or stolen by the time Kambi is a smart play. It needed to be reworked, but it needed to be reworked better than this.

1. Yes, sage needed a nerf since all ppl were abusing of Alzur's thunder, which gives u insane control as a lot of strong cards are ment to be destroyed with this spell. You can still run 3 thunders in your deck and do the same as before with a good coordination of mercs-sage rather than one merc and sage spam!
2. Yes, axemen needed a buff since they only buff now with dmg in opposite row
3. Since gold immunity patch i think kambi is useless so i agree, it needs to be reworked in order to see more action in any SK leader like Saskia

Top Bottom