GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME HOTFIX IS NOW LIVE!

+
TheShift;n9474681 said:
2.It's obvious this time around (so far) it seems like causing damage to the opponent is "the" thing
Gwent is kind of a simple game. You get the most points, you win the round. You either do that by outplaying your opponent with biggar numbarz units, damage what they have, or boost what you have. It's mostly math, but Bronzes usually have an average value of 7, with some outliers hitting 12+. Boosts work because you usually get more than 7 value from a boost. Damage works because you usually get more than 7 value from a damage spell (up to a point).

TheShift;n9474681 said:
3. Potions have become a thing now to counter all the cards and ways to protect from damage
It's kind of the other way around. Potions are a thing because there aren't enough cards to kill your units quickly. Previously, you could easily encounter spell decks or heavy weather decks that would decimate you. These days, that's rare. That means potions have increased value since you're likely to have 3-5 units in play (in a row). Pre-patch, Potions were a thing for certain builds like swarm Monsters (because they had a ton of units) or Northern Realms (because they had armor to beef them). Now with Golds being hit by potions too, and the big weather nerf, well... you'll have more out there.

So about the hotfix some good things and some not ok things, the change to Tremor´s and Sage were needed but why the double nerf to the officer??? the ideal was that he would get the value of the card that he would mulligan not lowering is base power to 4, that makes a really low tempo play comparing to all the other bronzes because you´re not going to mullingan your clear weather guy to put him to a 12 and probably get a Wardancer in return, doesn´t make sense imo, Farseer changed why? it was ok how it was and with all of this every other faction doesn´t get touched or if they get touched its to buff them, so "everyone" complained about ST beeing op i´m included but thats too much of a heavy hand imo while NR and NG stay the same, are we going to get hotfix after hotfix regarding the op deck of the moment??because like that then the ProLadder that a lot of people are waiting wont start and can make people drift a little away from the game.
What CDPR did was good move, dont get me wrong but they should´ve addressed ALL of the problematic issues not just a few and let NR, NG the same Sk got buffed and Monsters because it was the op faction from last season set aside with not even a single tweak(and by the way i´m not Monsters player) to make it a little more viable and the poor guy that was ST with the mulligan archtype in last season the weakest of the weakest got a week of OPness and then a hammer from above to stop it. Well that´s my point of view on this matter.

ST gone. Now I've fought through against NR six games. What next? I glad that you try to fix it I know it's complicated.

Last edited:
Cardzilla;n9479961 said:
without set up? placing weather in a place where can drowner a unit into it is setup

Oh, cause it is so hard to have 2 rows under a weather effect in a Monster Weather deck, please...

This is totally my opinion... The last patch was totally fine as every faction having great tools to be in competition. The only faction I feel weak is SK n MO compare to other faction card abilities. NR / NG & SCO was totally fine.

Sco. spell deck having very small strength cards so defiantly they need good spells compare to Nr. Ng. tempo & other horrible abilities. All 3 factions having good win ratios & it's totally fun. As well Tremmor is neutral card so any faction can use it. The only change was needed to Sage.

I am sure now Nr & Ng also going to get nerf. & again we all are going to be on same ground.

It's my kind suggestion to cdpr that stop listening all whining or so called op complaints about some faction & don't remove all fun from game. I played both Sco. & Ng. decks & both are equally powerful as well I played against Nr. too & its strong too so if every faction is on same level then why we need nerf? Just buff the weak factions.

Just check net decks on Nr. Ng. bosting about 70%+ win rate & that's before this hotfix so why this all fuss about ?

Last edited:
CDPR has access to the complete statistical use of cards and decks. Maybe the complainers are correct about win rates.

Just because other developers kowtow to the vocal minority doesn't mean CDPR is.

gigabomb;n9480451 said:
CDPR has access to the complete statistical use of cards and decks. Maybe the complainers are correct about win rates.

Just because other developers kowtow to the vocal minority doesn't mean CDPR is.

So you think Sco. got nerf because it's having high WR than other factions? NOPE... It's only easy to fix that's why they hit Sco. 1st. They just change tremmor spawn card, Banish sage resurrect spells & few here n there tweaks. Ng. Nr. needs more hard work to tweak that's the only reason imho.

If you ask me than most op faction [ compare to others ] is NG as they can kill your strategy even before starting with Assassin & if not then they have so many tools to eat your highly buff targets in end.

Last edited:
What does NG needs to be tweaked? It was nerfed to the ground the last patch and now it sees a fair and dare I say, balanced play, cause it get some competitive cards and tweaks, while at the same time I guess people had enough of Monsters and Queensguards already (I know I did a long ago). So let's nerf them again? Tremendous.

SC nerfs were fare and logical: Sages, Vrihedds, War Dancers - you name it.

NR on the other hand and their Bronzes that can easily boost up to 20+... this needs a look.

And also the Mahakam Marauders - for such an ability, combined with the Agitators, to have such a high Bronze body, while SLOW units like SK Great Swords struggle to put points on the board... please.

I was going to post something lastnight about how I think consume and the new deathwish style of play just gets beat to the ground. Like I played quit a set of games yesterday and pretty much got 0 for 2 every game

Met double gold weather axemen plus harpoon decks and damn ...it was tough to do anything. Unless I filled up with locks and weather removal. Because with harpoon now...it's very difficult to move something out of harms way without them just brining it right back.

Nilfgaard is also very punishing

I think kayran has a good spot in this new system but they limit it's point consumption
not having any good carry over points into the 3rd now it's yet to be seen how to win.. Grave Hag still (so far) seems to be the go to card..thanks to the sheild

But it's way to early to pass judgment
I'll keep rebuilding and paying attention to what the new thing is in the coming week or so

TheShift;n9484951 said:
I was going to post something lastnight about how I think consume and the new deathwish style of play just gets beat to the ground. Like I played quit a set of games yesterday and pretty much got 0 for 2 every game

I don't know you are checking net decks or not but if you then you need to check new unseen elder consume deck which is pretty famous in no time.

I do and I dont.
I will look and see which decks are out there that are good. Sometimes I'll try one out.but usually end up modifying it.. I did play that unseen elder deck.Didn't have much luck with it against axemen double gold weather
which is why I tweaked it a bit.

​​​​Again..it's too early. I'll find that right one soon enough when things start getting into shape
That was just what I ran into yesterday before I had to log off.

I usually use the net decks to help me decide a balance on which cards would be right for that week or two.
usually pays off pretty well

Edit.
I also took that Monster Coach 40 card deck for a spin... it's not bad.
It just plays like a hot mess to me though.
I'll admit the randomness helped in many situations ..more than I thought the deck could
but after a handful of games I didn't manage to WIN one lol

Last edited:
TheShift;n9485211 said:
I do and I dont. I will look and see which decks are out there that are good. Sometimes I'll try one out.but usually end up modifying it

It's ok.. I am not saying you to use or don't use. I actually ask the question that how come no one have problem with monster carry over? where cdpr quickly nerf the neutral tremmor?

You just reply next to the question that's why I answer. You are free to use whatever faction/deck you want.. Good luck.

Top Bottom