Mahakam Ale Festival has begun!

+

All have heard of Mahakam, but few have beheld the dwarves' famed stronghold from within. Elder-in-Chief Brouver Hoog has no trust for travelers and opens his gates to them only with the greatest reluctance… unless, that is, they come to attend the great Mahakam Ale Festival.

Come by and join us in the celebrations! During the Mahakam Ale Festival you will be able to play three brand-new challenges on two levels of difficulty, and claim a unique player avatar, frame and title in the process.

The event lasts from September 29th until the ale eventually runs out (that’s October 12th, in case you’re wondering). See you in Mahakam!

This is great, we want more! Also more single player games with predefined decks with different difficulty

The event is great, but I went through all 6 challenges in under an hour (won 4 of those on the 1st try). We do want more!

Fantastic way of experimenting with the game mechanics. Also a nice narrative with the prominent cards from the first challenge uniting against the evil Trollolo in the end :D

The Festival was great fun!

The Bards challenge was my favorite. Puzzly Gwent is the best!
Though i don't much care about avatars etc ( i do like the new Yen-Con, but it's impossible to unlock ), i really enjoyed the humorous rewards and couldn't resist the new Drunkard border. :D
Thanks to the festival, i'm even more excited about Thronebraker.

The only negative is that it was over really quickly.

Looking forward to the upcoming festivals/events!

Really awesome festival and so much fun! :) Awesome rewards!

It was nice to see new cards and abilities. Also Bard challenge was interesting, because it was so different compared to normal Gwent games. Really hoping that we can see more events like this in the future. And that Expert Troll Mode was really brilliant trolling!

However, one thing could use a bit of improvements:
Since these challenges were nicely challenging and required several tries before the success, those dialogues started to be a bit annoying at some point. Specifically when the dialogue delays the game itself. I would really appreciate a chance to permanently mute those dialogues. Spamming the "Skip" button feels too much like work :) Yes, I'm lazy...

I really appreciate those dialogues and those should be there in the future too. I just don't want to listen to them 30 times in a row :)

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it but I wanted more variations. Only three with two different levels has no great variation at all. But it was still fun, also hope the story get more... elaborate, maybe.

Riigoo;n9626741 said:
I really enjoyed it but I wanted more variations. Only three with two different levels has no great variation at all. But it was still fun, also hope the story get more... elaborate, maybe.

Well it was something completely free after all... One is fore sure though.. There will be more in the future..! :)

Really Interesting! Just as an idea. For Winter could be cool to have a skating challenge in the Skelliges islands, as it is said in the books that is something really expected for the Skellige childrens.

This was really great. Love seeing more single-player content and puzzles as a change of pace. Hope to see more seasonal events!

Wow.. I really feel bad reading all those comments. "Finished under an hour." "Completed in 30 minutes." Seriously guys? :-D I was either really tired or it's not my cup of tea, because I was playing it for more than two hours and I was completely helpless in first challenge of expert mode - always almost won, but ended up defeated in the 3d round - after about 20 tries I gave up and look on an inspiration on Youtube. And finally won (which I kind of retrospectively regret, that is that I haven't come up with my own solution, but damn, I thought the challenge impossible to complete!). And when the second challenge came up. I tried literally 50 times at least. Tried all the possible combinations. Nothing. It was almost 2 a.m. and I was really tired, so I let it go and decided to solve it today. But I might end up as in the first challenge. So... I guess I really lack certain mathematical intelligence huh? :-D

VlkStinu;n9643921 said:
Wow.. I really feel bad reading all those comments. "Finished under an hour." "Completed in 30 minutes." Seriously guys? :-D I was either really tired or it's not my cup of tea, because I was playing it for more than two hours and I was completely helpless in first challenge of expert mode - always almost won, but ended up defeated in the 3d round - after about 20 tries I gave up and look on an inspiration on Youtube. And finally won (which I kind of retrospectively regret, that is that I haven't come up with my own solution, but damn, I thought the challenge impossible to complete!). And when the second challenge came up. I tried literally 50 times at least. Tried all the possible combinations. Nothing. It was almost 2 a.m. and I was really tired, so I let it go and decided to solve it today. But I might end up as in the first challenge. So... I guess I really lack certain mathematical intelligence huh? :-D

Don't worry :). With challenges like that it's easy to struggle sometimes.
Important thing is not how long it took you to complete it but that you - hopefully - enjoyed it.

I struggled like a world class noob. Was still baffled as to how I could have missed that one right combination. But I guess that's the kewl part about that challenge.

devivre;n9644811 said:
Don't worry :). With challenges like that it's easy to struggle sometimes.
Important thing is not how long it took you to complete it but that you - hopefully - enjoyed it.

You are absolutely right. :) And of course I've enjoyed it as I do every challenge! The festival is a wonderful idea and I hope to see more similar content in the future! :)

Top Bottom