GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME "AGILE" UPDATE IS NOW LIVE!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME "AGILE" UPDATE IS NOW LIVE!

New update for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

With this update we made over 40 units agile, and implemented game fixes and balance changes with emphasis on Northern Realms. Additionally, we are introducing the Mahakam Ale Festival for which you’ll be able to unlock a new avatar, border and title!

The following cards will have increased value for milling for 3 days following the release of the patch (more on this below):
  • Battering Ram
  • Blue Stripes Commando
  • Dijkstra
  • Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry
  • Mahakam Marauder
  • Merigold's Hailstorm
  • Nenneke
  • Prince Stennis
  • Restore
  • Shani
The cards on the list, when milled, will create an amount of scraps and powder equal to the amount of scraps and powder needed to craft a card of the same value."

Full list of changes can be found here:

New features
  • Mahakam Ale Festival Event has started!
  • It is now possible to change which card is displayed in the Player Profile!
  • Several more units are now Agile (can be played on any row).
  • Completing single player challenges will now grant experience points. Players who had completed them before the patch will receive the experience retroactively.

Neutral/General
  • Merigold's Hailstorm will now only Damage Bronze and Silver Units.
  • Clear Skies will now also Boost any Damaged Ally under Weather by 1.
  • School of the Wolf: Eskel Power changed from 5 to 6.
Monsters
  • Harpy's Counter will now only react to non-Spying Allied Beasts.
  • Dagon Power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Wild Hunt Navigator has gained the following Category tags: Mage
  • Griffin Power changed from 8 to 9.
  • Wild Hunt Hound Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Wild Hunt Rider Power changed from 8 to 9.
Skellige
  • Restore will now Resurrect a Bronze or Silver Unit from your Graveyard and set its Base Power to 10.
  • Blueboy Lugos Power changed from 7 to 8.
  • War Longship Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Clan Brokvar Archer Power changed from 7 to 8.
  • Clan an Craite Warrior Power changed from 10 to 11.
  • Clan Brokvar Hunter Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Clan Tuirseach Axeman Power changed from 4 to 5.
Northern Realms
  • Battering Ram will now Damage an Enemy by 2 instead of 3. Also, if it was Destroyed, it will Damage another Enemy by 3 instead of 2.
  • Blue Stripes Commando will now be played from Deck only when a different Temerian Ally with the same Power is be played.
  • Shani will now add 2 Armor instead of 5 to the Resurrected Unit.
  • Prince Stennis will now gain 3 Armor instead of 5.
  • Nenneke will now only be able to shuffle Units from your Graveyard into your Deck.
  • Foltest Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Dijkstra Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry Power changed from 8 to 7.
  • Reaver Hunter Power changed from 4 to 5.
Scoia'tael
  • Francesca has gained the following Category tags: Mage
  • Mahakam Marauder Power changed from 8 to 7.
Nilfgaard
  • Morvran Voorhis Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Emhyr var Emreis Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Tibor Eggebracht Power changed from 8 to 10.
  • Alba Armored Cavalry Power changed from 3 to 4.
Game Fixes
  • Fixed issue whereby some users would be shown old Patch Notes instead of most recent ones.
  • Starter Pack screen now contains information about Legendary card being Premium and that you can choose 1 from random selection of 3.
  • Starter Pack now contains confirmation popup for selection of Legendary card.
  • Fixed issue whereby it was possible to select Starter Pack Legendary card by pressing right mouse button on PC, R2 on PS4 and RT on X1.
  • Fixed issue whereby game would freeze when opponent Resurrected or Consumed card in Graveyard while it was being previewed by player.
  • Fixed issue whereby pressing Space button in Chat window during match would cause player to start to pass.
  • Fixed an issue whereby using arrow keys in Chat during match also switched between cards.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Skellige card back was not visible in Deck Builder and in Kegs on Low and Medium Graphics Quality.
  • Fixed issue whereby VFX of Geralt: Igni card were wrongly displayed when Power of cards on Row totaled 20 - 24.
  • Description of Dandelion (Witcher 2) and Triss (Alternative Outfit) avatars updated to state they were Season 1 rewards.
  • Fixed issue causing visual glitches involving candles in Hand view of some Premium cards.
  • Fixed issue whereby card descriptions of several cards did not fit properly in Deck Builder and Collection side previews in some languages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some interesting changes that were not mentioned in the stream. Looking forward to see what that means for the balance of the game :).

A lot of nerfs to NR (which I agree with), but Spelltael is left untouched. I see a lot of those decks both on the Pro Ladder and in Ranked (I am at ~3700 atm). Of course, Halestorm change also makes Spelltael a bit worse, but the majority of Halestorm power comes from damaging bronze and silver creatures anyway.

So will ST now be dominant in the meta?

P.S. I think the change to Tibor is actually a nerf since he is now in range of G:Igni. The card was not played since the gold immunity patch and won't see play now.

Battle of the Bards doesn't complete. Just completed it twice and received the Victory screen, then the rewards screen has a never ending loading circle with the only option being closed. After closing, you go to the challenge select screen but the mission isn't completed.

Love the challenges otherwise, they're an incredible piece of work.

ElusiveNoodle;n9615501 said:
Battle of the Bards doesn't complete. Just completed it twice and received the Victory screen, then the rewards screen has a never ending loading circle with the only option being closed. After closing, you go to the challenge select screen but the mission isn't completed.
I also encountered this. However, I played it again, and, although it still suffered the endless loading wheel, it was finally marked as completed.

Anyone else who runs into this should contact
Gwent Support.

Esmer;n9615391 said:
A... I think the change to Tibor is actually a nerf since he is now in range of G:Igni. The card was not played since the gold immunity patch and won't see play now.

Tyborg needs total redesign. It is madness to use him with the current state of Bronzes and Golden Immunity patch. Not long ago I suggested if he pull that Bronze Unit, the card to be played immediately and to receive the Spy tag, if Special Card - play immediately and tag a random Bronze on the opponent's side of the board as a Spy. Either do this or totally redesign him.

Dijkstra's "nerf" is laughable.

I think Xmen need something more than just +1 STR with the crazy agile and moving around meta we have now - yesterday I played against this deck for a first in at least 10 days and just demolished it with my ST movement deck, but we'll see.

Like to see Marauders in the A-Thunder range - was about damn time.

I think the problem with DJxtra is he can give you any card from your deck (golds and special silver cards), which means you can fairly remove other trash stuff before using him and make him op, however, what about making draw limited to bronze units? or even better: give him some special flavour and make him draw only redanian units!

First of all if something is done "right" (depending on the point of view of each person) i´ll be the first to say, My opinion, and i´ll say it again, CDPR what are you doing??
So from the beggining, 40 cards agile, whats the pourpose of rows now, because with locked units you had to contruct your deck in a manner that you would not penalize yourself, you had that in consideration when building your deck,at least i had in some point of the game.
Hailstorm like i said in another post should be like DBomb and Horn.
Restore changes just made the SK deck with the Captain not playable
All the NR nerfs is too much, make nerfs yes but don´t destroy strategies that are implemented in the decks, now we have another ST mull decks, you can play it but its not the same, not even close.
The buffs to all the units that you gave are ok but not game changing, SK is not going to be more played with the buffs that you gave ,the faction needs rework in some cards, Nilfgaard those buffs the same the cards need rework not those kind of buffs.

On the other side Mahakam Ale Festival Event looks fun to play and the changes that you made in the UI are good and it where things that the community asked for.

So on this i end my post, this is MY opinion, some may agree some may disagree but, all of the things that i pointed is just to state that CDPR should analize better the buffs and nerfs, its important to ear the community but, they should balance the game as a whole doing it like this will make aother deck op, the they´ll make a nerf to that deck and so on, so i don´t think its the best aproach.
Best of regards

Some ppl didn't get missing exp from challenges, this will be fixed?

Also festival is so fun, great work CDPR !

Eliadann;n9618071 said:
I fail to understand the nerf to Mahakam Marauder. It wasn't part of any top list in the current meta. Not even close to it.

exactly my thoughts, only defend point for this card was counter to all dmg spells ... now it's in thunder range so Spellatel must have big grin on their faces. Mentioning spellatel it's hard not to mention almost no nerf to this deck ... and SK buffs may be still not enough.

On the other side i like NR nerfs. Radovid should be around Dagon, what worries me is only Henselt atm.
Hailstorm also nice nerf. Bigest problem was that this card was played in last round giving you 20-30points. With nerf it will lose some targets as usually gold cards are saved for last round, not to mention strategy that can focus on buffing gold cards. Unfortunatly at the same time this can make movment deck a lot of weaker now, so some slight buff would be welcomed.

Mahakam Festival is a massive success. I'm only sad that rewards were so small (25 ore for a mission) and that it was rather short. In future I would like to see some events that gives you opportunity to spend more time and get more ore/keg rewards. (btw i love expert completion reward). GJ

Last edited:
Eliadann;n9618071 said:
I fail to understand the nerf to Mahakam Marauder. It wasn't part of any top list in the current meta. Not even close to it.

I'm 1OO% with you on that one. I really like the patch as it is but I'm a bit disappointed by the Marauder change which feel a little random to me...Like why? This unit has never been an issue to anyone as far as I know and it was the core unit of the Dwarf deck which is badly going to suffer now they're in range of Alzur's Thunder and all other kind of removal.

I'm also a bit sceptical about the MH change. I may be wrong but I don't see why it would solve the problem at all. Gold units has never been the issue with MH and the card is still very much OP (again, as far as I respect CDPR caring about it and trying something to make it more balanced, making Golds immune to it is just going to change nothing at all).

Everything else seems pretty fine to me. I love the Renew change, in fact the card is a lot more interesting that it used to be and I'm planning into trying a few things with it tonight.

Unlike, apparently a lot of peoples, I think making pretty much all units agile is a great idea. I mean, true, it doesn't make sense and kinda remove the flavor of rows and units like Balista or things like that but at the same time, row specific units are nothing but a tactical limitation. The most fun part of Gwent being to place your units in the best possible way to get value out of your buffs and dodge removal at the same time. There is nothing more annoying than getting punished by cards like...well...MH for example, not because you placed your units poorly but because you didn't had the choice to put them here specifically (the best example are the Nilfgaardian knights, if you had all of them in hand and had to play all of them during the course of a round you basically offer a 3O points MH to your opponent because it was impossible to put them anywhere else). So I think it's very cool and healthy to the game.

Last edited:
So, I received the experience retroactively, for the challenges, what is good, now my level changed from 13 to 18, which is also not bad. BUT, in this way, I didn't received the rewards, what the game offer, if I level up one by one, which is really bad!!(actually, I get 1 keg, achieving for the 18 lvl, but lost 1x Keg, 100x scraps, and 100x powder)
Do you intend to fix this, or was that intentional? ('cause if it was, personally I rather choose leveling step by step, and get the rewards, instead of this)

I'm a tad unhappy about the increase of agile units. Part of the strategy of Gwent is the three rows and how to deal with them. Perhaps this was a reaction to Hailstorm?

JawsLoanCompany;n9621811 said:
I'm a tad unhappy about the increase of agile units. Part of the strategy of Gwent is the three rows and how to deal with them. Perhaps this was a reaction to Hailstorm?

Yeah, I feel like that too. I was so used tto put Sheala in ranged combat field that I still do this for pure habit anyway. Maybe they're just checking and testing somethings? But still think it's better nerf Hailstorm that is just one card than change everything.

GenLiu;n9619541 said:
Everything else seems pretty fine to me. I love the Renew change, in fact the card is a lot more interesting that it used to be and I'm planning into trying a few things with it tonight.

Actually, they changed the RESTORE Skellige silver special card, not Renew. and i think that restore is a lot better now (no clan/faction limit, so you can resurrect a wide choice of silver unit cards)

also, as a skellige player, i don't see the need to buff those skellige cards in particular, especially the brokvar hunter. but i will not complain :huh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom