A ROUND OF GWENT Episode 2

+
A ROUND OF GWENT Episode 2

Join us for the second episode of A ROUND OF GWENT, the official internet show of The Witcher Card Game! This time we meet with members of the game’s development team to discuss Thronebreaker — the single player story campaign coming to GWENT.

You can watch the video here.

They say you find premium muliplayer cards? Are we to take this as you can craft or earn the other multiplayer cards without purchase? I am very curious. Otherwise It looks great. I particularly like the Might and Magic upgrade system as feeling OP is always fun and multiple upgrade options adds extra replayability.

Also the gentleman with the exquisite grey facial hairs speech on choice was great, the production value was top notch.

Last edited:
Dominika , a bit of feedback for the Team: These episodes are quite entertaining, although the background activity in the tavern can, at times, distract somewhat from the interviews. Other than that, very nicely composed! (On a purely technical note, in future, could we simply insert the videos directly into the news post, rather than link to YouTube?)

Special thanks to REDDorigen and Mr. McBride for sharing more fascinating details about the upcoming campaign and its creation! As ever, I and a few of my fellow Blue Guards eagerly anticipate the single-player! Keep up the fine work, RED Team!

Keago;n9626431 said:
Also the gentleman with the exquisite grey facial hairs speech on choice was great, the production value was top notch.
Unless I'm very much mistaken, I'm convinced that the man behind the magnificent whiskers is Borys Pugacz-Muraszkiewicz, the English Adaptation Director for The Witcher III. From what little I know of him, Adelbert's philosophical musings are very much in his line.

Omg! I'm going to die from hype :D
All these hand-drawn graphics feel so nostalgic, I can't wait to play it!

Apart from that, the new card art is insane!!

Orianna!!

orianna.jpg

Theodrik;n9629801 said:
Orianna!!

This was indeed super good news! Orianna is one of my favorite characters :)

And all that talk about choices, consequences and recommended replays sounds absolutely awesome!

REDDorigen;n9640951 said:
We're glad you liked it. :)
Yes, but we'll like the campaign even better once it releases. No pressure.

And now, another message from a few of the Blue Guards: 'We need Thronebreaker desperately! It's an emergency.' Ay, we live in rather desperate times.

Heh.
Cheers.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9672941 said:
So no one caught the part about future campaigns? Apparently this is a NR campaign and other factions might get their own.

Oh, it sure was noted! But since Thronebreaker is still a work in progress, there's more than enough to be hyped about with just it. :D

Last edited:
Snake_Foxhounder;n9672941 said:
So no one caught the part about future campaigns? Apparently this is a NR campaign and other factions might get their own.
Well, not quite no-one. . .
From what I understand, Thronebreaker will be the first experiment, and, if successful, will determine the course of additional campaigns.

What are the chances of it failing?

It's looking more interesting than some AAA RPGs so I don't think it'll do bad. Price might be a big factor, though.

Riven-Twain;n9628271 said:
Dominika , a bit of feedback for the Team: These episodes are quite entertaining, although the background activity in the tavern can, at times, distract somewhat from the interviews. Other than that, very nicely composed! (On a purely technical note, in future, could we simply insert the videos directly into the news post, rather than link to YouTube?)

Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate it.

Riven-Twain;n9628271 said:
(On a purely technical note, in future, could we simply insert the videos directly into the news post, rather than link to YouTube?)

We can do that. :)

Top Bottom