GWENT SLAM #2 IS HAPPENING THIS WEEKEND!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
GWENT SLAM #2 IS HAPPENING THIS WEEKEND!

The second edition of GWENT SLAM will take place this weekend in Vienna (October 28th - 29th, 2017) at 1:00PM CEST on Saturday and 3PM CET on Sunday.

You can watch the live stream from the event here.

Prize Pool: $10 000

Casters: McBeard, Merchant, Panda and MegaMogwai

Challenger Format:
  • Best of five single elimination
  • Each participant must build 4 decks from 4 different factions
  • No two decks can be of the same faction
  • Each deck must contain a minimum of 25 card
  • Winning decks can’t be used to play another match, while losing ones may be used again or swapped out for another
  • Decks cannot be modified between matches

List of players:

Last edited:
GermanSlam :D

On the second thought, no, there is too much Polish players who wouldn't find that joke particular funny

Look forward to the weekend. Temps have dropped below 30 degrees here.. I'll have the fire going in the stoves and in the.... doh!

Nice games today.

Fully enjoyed the stream thanks to everyone involved

Can't wait for tomorrow!

now back to Stranger Things s2 :cool:

Yes, day one was pretty awesome. Lot of close matches. Looking forward to the next games today :)

Ok.. something is bothering me
and I can't shake it.so I'm going to throw this out there
and maybe someone can convince me otherwise .

This whole "I know what cards/decks he's playing"
seems like a game breaker for me...if this is suppose to be true to a Gwent game/tournament

Then the players really shouldn't have a clue as to what is exactly (or close) to what's in the others hand.

Now obviously meta decks are a thing and one can assume what the other is going to use..but seems (to me) they know to much info for this to be a competitive type setting..

or is it just me?

TheShift;n9761181 said:
Ok.. something is bothering me
and I can't shake it.so I'm going to throw this out there
and maybe someone can convince me otherwise .

This whole "I know what cards/decks he's playing"
seems like a game breaker for me...if this is suppose to be true to a Gwent game/tournament

Then the players really shouldn't have a clue as to what is exactly (or close) to what's in the others hand.

Now obviously meta decks are a thing and one can assume what the other is going to use..but seems (to me) they know to much info for this to be a competitive type setting..

or is it just me?

It bother's me too, but they all have the opportunity to see each other's decks and create a strategy, so they are all on equal ground. It makes for a different type of challenge, and it allows them all to be part of the party/action and enjoy the show, rather than locking them in an isolation chamber for 8 hours and hoping they don't find a way to see the decks or talk to one another (which is almost impossible to prevent anyway).

I want to say that some of the technical hiccups in the first stream (game voice volume being too loud, blown out lighting on the announcers), were fixed the next day and it made for a much cleaner experience. My only critique would be that, during interviews, people could be a bit more mindful of the camera framing and refrain from walking in front of the camera (Lifecoach is an exception due to his comedic value). Taping off places for people to stand and chairs to sit over can go a long way, and everything else is so well done that it seems a little out of place. Also, the announcers are even more comfortable than they were just a few months ago, they are seasoning well, and the rotating announcer seat is a great idea! I think I enjoy watching the Gwent tournaments more than playing, and look forward to the next event at Lifecoache's palace: everyone looks like they are having a lot of fun and that goes a long way.

Last edited:
All tournament participants are high skilled players. And everyone of them literally deserved to win. So here is a question. How to determine the winner, the best one amongst others? What I saw and what bothers me... I couldn't really admit that the one who won is somehow was better than others in his personal skill. And not just on this tournament - generally in Gwent. It was all about initial hand, mulligan and coinflip. When you get bunch of equally skilled players it is not a skill that determine winner in this case. When you have all Blue Stripes Commandos and Temerian Infantrymen in the initial hand... it's kind of inevitable road to forfeit. But on other hand you as a player knew risks when choose such deck...

So my main thought: I would like to see on the tournament triumph of the personal skill over RNG. Don't know whether it possible. But it would be defineetly more interesting to watch and better for competitive Gwent and for the growth of its popularity in the future. But maybe I just don't get specific of the card games. HS kind of doing well with all its RNG-ness and Gwent has much less of it.

Top Bottom