[NEW CARD] Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream

+
There's actually a big problem with this if it's currently as read: if it spawns a copy, you can just copy an enemy's Blue dream, and keep on playing more and more copies. To have infinite strength Protectors. :hmm:

thalnor;n9755611 said:
There's actually a big problem with this if it's currently as read: if it spawns a copy, you can just copy an enemy's Blue dream, and keep on playing more and more copies. To have infinite strength Protectors.

I can´t believe this. Do they do playtesting of the new cards?

Easy_Win;n9756221 said:
you can't revive a spy

Well, the card text is not clear about that. For me it sounds like it is possible.

"Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream

Deploy: Spawn a copy of a Gold card from your opponent's Graveyard and, if it's a Unit (but not an Agent or Double Agent), Boost it by 2."

The "but not an Agent or Double Agent"-part seems to refer to the boosting of 2. Or am I reading it wrong?
They will probably clarify this in the dev stream tonight.

I hope we will get more generalized decks that can fit into this card, so it can take advantage of the opponents cards for themselves. Love it

4RM3D;n9756151 said:
On a more serious note, I think the card cannot target itself, even though it isn't specifically mentioned. Cards like Field Medic cannot be used on themselves either, to prevent infinite loops.

Maybe so in the Field Medic case, but that isn't the case for Reaver Scouts; they can target copies of themselves to get the third one out of the deck, if I were to recall. Similarly, Emissaries can pull copies of themselves from the deck. Which, if there ever were a mechanic to infinitely duplicate Emissaries in your deck (like, for whatever reason, pulling Nekkar Warriors with medics), you could summon an army of Emissaries to have an infinite strength Impera, which the army of Emissaries would get wiped by 1 Lacerate in the following turn.

thalnor;n9759701 said:
but that isn't the case for Reaver Scouts; they can target copies of themselves to get the third one out of the deck, if I were to recall.

Reaver Scouts lost that ability a long time ago, IIRC precisely because it was rather silly how they could thin themselves out of the deck (and create old Henselt synergy?).

Anyway, infinite strength DBPs are a horrifying thought... I guess that if HBD (great, I'm using an abbreviation of an unreleased card's name) is able to target itself it'll get changed soon due to an excessively large number of Spell'tael decks.

RidiculousName;n9761651 said:
I guess that if HBD is able to target itself it'll get changed soon due to an excessively large number of Spell'tael decks.

CDPR already mentioned in the stream that that wasn't possible.

Does anyone have examples of what Gold Cards you hope to resurrect with each faction with this new card?

DocOdy;n9777401 said:
Does anyone have examples of what Gold Cards you hope to resurrect with each faction with this new card?

You can copy (not resurrect) any gold unit or special card, so probably most people using this card just hope to get a useful gold :) - there are many candidates for that.

That's the main problem of this card, it should either ressurect or play a copy of ANY card in the opponents graveyard. The first could make it a viable choice vs discard decks, the second could work well for agents. But the card as is, is nearly useless

It's a card of similar place as Wolfsbane - it's neutral but is much stronger in one faction (NR here). By so much in fact that it could as well be faction gold. But cards like this have potential to be useful in many more situation with more cards in the game.

I agree that wolfsban should be Skellige's card due to their racial playstyle. But I see no point in cards like Blue Dreams and that Avalach the Sage. I don't understand CDPR, they give such a useless mechanics to cards with nearly best arts and movie effects in the game.
And I've tested HBD for NR and it works meh. I've tried to stuff it in, but gone back to Vernon. Even Muzzle suits that slot better than HBD for Dijkstra

I have played this card twice where I am certain that my opponent has a gold card in his graveyard, yet I fail to do anything with it! Am I to place it at the cemetary or where do I play this card? Do I put it on the my opponents side or where can I find instructions for dummies on how to play this card right?

Thank you,

Always Love from Rammenman

@Rammenman

You just play the card and you'll get a selection screen where you can pick a gold unit from the opponent's graveyard. The card only works when there is a gold unit in the opponent's graveyard.

Top Bottom