"Saovine" UPDATE IS NOW LIVE!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
"Saovine" UPDATE IS NOW LIVE!

New update for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

With this update we’re introducing 21 new cards - mainly neutral golds, as well as game fixes and balance changes. Additionally, we are introducing our second holiday event Saovine: Holiday of the Dead for which you’ll be able to unlock a new avatar, border and title!

The following cards will have increased value for milling for 3 days following the release of the patch (more on this below):
  • Harpy
  • Restore
The cards on the list, when milled, will create an amount of scraps and powder equal to the amount of scraps and powder needed to craft a card of the same value.

Full list of changes:

NEUTRAL
  • First Light: Clear Skies Boost value changed from 1 to 2.
  • Unicorn will now be Agile.
  • Chironex will now be Agile.
  • Revenge keyword introduced for Deathwishes that only trigger during your opponent's turn.
  • Tweaked the wording of cards such as Last Wish to clarify that they do not trigger 'Whenever you draw a card' abilities.
  • Mardroeme: Mutagen now Heals rather than Resets.
  • New card added: Avallac'h: The Sage.
  • New card added: Ale of the Ancestors.
  • New Card added: Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream.
  • New card added: Wolfsbane.
  • New card added: Muzzle.
  • New card added: Germain of Fox Hollow.
  • New card added: Mandrake.
  • New card added: Foul Ale.
  • New card added: Mahakam Ale.
  • New card added: Crow's Eye.
MONSTERS
  • Arachas Behemoth will now be Agile.
  • Imperial Manticore Power changed from 12 to 13.
  • Harpy's passive has been reworked, is now: Whenever a Beast Ally is Destroyed during your turn, play 1 copy of this Unit from your Deck.
  • Ghoul can now Consume Silver cards as well.
  • Archespore now Heals rather than Resets.
  • Renamed Katakan to Nekurat.
  • New card added: She-Troll of Vergen.
  • New card added: Slyzard.
SKELLIGE
  • Restore now only Resurrects Skellige Units.
  • Light Longship Power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Light Longship now also triggers its passive ability once on Deploy.
  • Herbalist now plays Bronze Hazard cards from your Deck instead of just Torrential Rain.
  • New card added: Harald Houndsnout.
  • New card added: Heymaey Battle Maiden.
  • New card added: Gedyneith Flaminica.
NORTHERN REALMS
  • Tridam Infantryman trigger changed from Officer to Soldier.
  • Margarita Laux-Antille Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Margarita Laux-Antille will now be Agile.
  • Ves Power changed from 8 to 9.
  • Nenneke Power changed from 8 to 9.
  • Trebuchet Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Reinforced Siege Tower no longer requires Machines in your Hand to get a Boost.
  • New card added: Ronvid of Small Marsh.
  • New card added: Catapult.
SCOIA'TAEL
  • If Braenn Destroys her target, she now Boosts all Ambush and Dryad Units in your Hand and Deck by 1.
  • If Iorveth Destroys his target, he now boosts all Elves in your Hand by 1.
  • Ele'yas Power changed from 6 to 8.
  • Clarified that Morenn triggers after a Unit gains Armor.
  • New card added: Hattori.
  • New card added: Dol Blathanna Swordmaster.
NILFGAARD
  • Serrit Damage value changed from 5 to 6.
  • Black Infantry Arbalest trigger changed from Officer to Soldier.
  • Letho of Gulet Power changed from 9 to 12.
  • Nilfgaardian Knight Power changed from 10 to 11.
  • Alchemist now reveals up to 2 cards instead of 1.
  • Combat Engineer now has Crewmen 1.
  • New card added: Hefty Helge.
  • New card added: Venendal Elite.
GAME FIXES
  • Negative row effects (Weathers) renamed to "Hazards."
  • New category for positive row effects named "Boons" has been added to the game.
  • Necromancy has gained the following Category tags: Cursed.
  • Ge'els has gained the following Category tags: Officer.
  • Caranthir has gained the following Category tags: Officer.
  • Vran Warrior has gained the following Category tags: Soldier.
  • Kambi has gained the following Category tags: Agent.
  • Hawker Support has gained the following Category tags: Elf.
  • Corrected misleading Doomed keyword definition to clarify it only applies when Destroyed, not when Discarded.
  • John Calveit playing Gold Special cards will no longer trigger Roach's ability.
  • Fixed issue whereby opening Social Panel after Weather effect spawned by a Unit blocks ability to play cards.
  • Fixed issue with Hemdall being boosted by Kaedweni Siege Support after Kambi's ability triggers.
  • Fixed issue with Spying Units turned to Jade Figurines being treated as Agents.
  • Fixed vibrations not working on gamepad on PC.
  • Fixed issue with Regressing Units appearing with wrong Power when returned to Hand.
  • Fixed premium Clan An Craite Warcrier display.
  • Fixed issue with challenges not loading for some Players.
  • Fixed issue with Whale Harpooner excluding face-down Ambush cards in ability calculation.
  • Fixed issue whereby Allies damaged by Vabjorn were placed in opponent's Graveyard.
  • Fixed issue with number of rounds won daily displaying incorrectly.
  • Fixed issue whereby pressing Esc or B button on gamepad in Starter Pack menu would invoke quit game prompt.
  • Fixed "Press any key" message on login in Polish version of game.
  • Fixed issue with "Stop searching" button not working at times.
  • Shield keyword now specifies Shield protects a Unit from next effect that Damages, Weakens or sets this Unit to a lower Power.

Last edited:
Would've liked a full refund for my Yenn Conjurer. I got her for my deathwish deck, and she's been changed to revenge: a clear downgrade.
Triss Butterfly isn't going to work anymore either.

gigabomb

YenCon still works exactly the same, only the ability's tag has changed. This only matters for Cockatrice (if it worked with her at all).

4RM3D;n9767971 said:
gigabomb

YenCon still works exactly the same, only the ability's tag has changed. This only matters for Cockatrice (if it worked with her at all).

Ah, that's right, I missed that griffin wouldn't work with it anyway, but cyclops would. It just bums me out to see gold's that worked with certain archetypes to have their effect changed.

Last edited:
gigabomb;n9768161 said:
[...] but cyclops would.

Cyclops would have been buffed, but YenCon's deathwish ability wouldn't have triggered anyway, rendering the whole exercise moot.

Sneaked home for an hour before picking up the ghoul from school..

Love the new background audio..so fitting
Love the looks of the holiday event (although I have not played yet)

also.

I love yous guys ... GG

4RM3D;n9768331 said:
Cyclops would have been buffed, but YenCon's deathwish ability wouldn't have triggered anyway, rendering the whole exercise moot.

So the card didn't have a lot of great synergy before, but it still has less now. It was probably never intended to have synergy with DW monsters anyway, but dorregaray probably wasn't intended to have synergy with restore either, and restore was given full refund value. In fairness, I probably wouldn't be complaining if Yenn Con wasn't the only gold I managed to get from my ladder kegs.

gigabomb;n9768541 said:
So the card didn't have a lot of great synergy before, but it still has less now. It was probably never intended to have synergy with DW monsters anyway, but dorregaray probably wasn't intended to have synergy with restore either, and restore was given full refund value. In fairness, I probably wouldn't be complaining if Yenn Con wasn't the only gold I managed to get from my ladder kegs.

Yennefer: Connjurer and Triss: Butterfly Spell work exactly the same like last patch. The only thing that changed is the tag "Revenge" that was added to the game. Before there Deathwish explicitly said: "If moved from the board in your opponents turn". The description is more directly now, because it got its own tag; Same mechanic.

did you fix tablet issus? somehowbit works a bit better on my surface 4 peo but still a bit laggy and on low graphic setting

Last holiday event we got an alcoholic character as an avatar. This event we get another alcoholic character. Do I detect a pattern here? :smile:

I just wanna say thanks for working so hard on such an awesome game! It blows my mind that it is free. From someone who has been playing video games for almost 30 years now, works full time as a medical provider and has a family... I love this game! I wish my wife thought she had time to play it (very busy with graduate school). I can see so many different types of people truly enjoying this game. Happy Holidays CD Projekt Red

Yup game is really great, you can show some apreciation by buying some kegs or at least starter pack :p

Top Bottom