Join us for Saovine: Holiday of the Dead

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
Join us for Saovine: Holiday of the Dead

Elven tradition holds on Saovine's eve the dead crawl out of their graves and demand food. The Toussaintais do not believe in such superstitions - yet this year, they were about to see the legends contain a grain of truth…

Join us in Toussaint, on the eve of Saovine and survive the night when fear and horror come out to play! Once again we have prepared three challenges and puzzles on two difficulty levels. For completing them you will be able to earn a unique player avatar, frame and title, and claim additional Ore and Meteorite Powder.

The event lasts from October 31st until November 21st. We sure hope, you’re not afraid of vampires!

Last edited:
After work I'll have to take my little ghoul trick or treating

but you can count on me enjoying this all night 8)

Not afraid of vampires, but I am sort of afraid to see just how hard the challenges get. Stuck on the very first one. :p

Thematically, I find this event to be even better than the Mahakam one, and am certainly looking forward to seeing what the other two challenges are like.

:cheers:

In the event, there are a few new cards and effects (new hazard animation). I wager it's a sneak preview for the next patch. Just like CDPR did with the previous festival.

I really enjoyed the event!

I found the standard mode puzzle/Bread more challenging than the expert mode puzzle/Bards and it was very fun. The other two challenges were pretty easy but fun nonetheless.

And i finally found a good reason to change my default Geralt avatar. I love Regis!

RidiculousName;n9766771 said:
I find this event to be even better than the Mahakam one

I also think that the puzzles in this one were better :) Also the story part was better than last time.

Really nice event. Can't wait to see what will come next :D

I very liked this event! It has very interesting puzzles, nice story and a very interesting sneak peek into next patch's cards. Also, judging by Palisade or Castle Gate cards, maybe we will get Fortification mechanics in upcoming patch? :)

But there was on thing that i didn't liked at all: in third battle with Regis he plays Condemnation card. When you look into his graveyard to read it's card text, you see that here is no art for this card. Just a white blank field. Better reuse some art from already released cards than to left blank field.

Andrey82;n9792971 said:
But there was on thing that i didn't liked at all: in third battle with Regis he plays Condemnation card. When you look into his graveyard to read it's card text, you see that here is no art for this card. Just a white blank field. Better reuse some art from already released cards than to left blank field.

Are you sure it wasn't the white card bug? I remember looking at the card in the graveyard, and it definitely had art.

The content is nice and well made, but i must criticize the whole single-challenge-decided-entirely-by-rng bs. Stuck on knockin on horror's door expert because apparently the opponent's gold refuse to damage the leader. That's not fun, it's frustrating and it really spoil the enjoyement of this content.

So please CDPR, refrain in the future from releasing this kind of challenges ok? Thank you very much.

Please release more, they are really fun! ..some guys are just mad cuz they cannot complete them easily :))))))

knowsGerald;n9798431 said:
Please release more, they are really fun! ..some guys are just mad cuz they cannot complete them easily :))))))

Nice use of Lord Vader 8)

I might be mistaken but one of the dev streams they commented on Thronebreaker and how most (or some) of the Ingame card battles will be set up kinda like the events ?

TheShift;n9802271 said:
Nice use of Lord Vader 8)

I might be mistaken but one of the dev streams they commented on Thronebreaker and how most (or some) of the Ingame card battles will be set up kinda like the events ?

I heard something like: Witcher3 gwent is a card game in RPG, with Thronebreaker it's reverse: RPG elements in a card game.
So yea, I think we will get more puzzles spiced with exploration/army building mechanics.
I'm sure its gonna be impressive. Most impressive.

knowsGerald;n9798431 said:

If something is a puzzle it shouldn't have a RNG element as to whether or not you can win it. Let's say you know exactly how to win a challenge but 5 minutes in the RNG results in you losing a piece that you need in order to win. Having to play again isn't fun, it's annoying. And if that is the only particular method to win the challenge, then it's a serious mistake in the design of the challenge. For me a puzzle should be something you can solve the first time you see it, but almost certainly won't. If you can't solve a puzzle immediately even with god-like intelligence, then it's a bad puzzle.

Now if a puzzle is merely difficult, or it's a standard card battle like the 3rd challenge, that's fine.

Top Bottom