x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWENT: Thronebreaker and Public Beta development roadmap update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWENT: Thronebreaker and Public Beta development roadmap update

Dear gamers!

We’ve decided to introduce changes to GWENT’s development roadmap, and I’d like to take a brief moment of your time to share them with you.

Thronebreaker, GWENT’s story-driven single player campaign, is moving to 2018. We decided to increase the campaign’s scope and need more time to work on it. Shifting release windows is always something we approach seriously, however, we’ll never hesitate to do it if we feel you’ll get a better game as a result. I would like to apologize everyone who planned to play Thronebreaker over the Holidays — I assure you that we will do our best to make the final game worth the additional wait.

Secondly, since 2018 is the year we plan to take GWENT out of beta, we’ll be increasing the tempo of multiplayer update releases. We want you to have more fun playing, but we also want to welcome new gamers into an already rolling multiplayer ecosystem. Expect content additions like cards, challenges, vanity items, but also game patches, and balance tweaks to be published more frequently.

Best regards,
    Marcin Iwiński,
    co-founder,
    CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Dominika View Post
    ...is moving to 2018
    Sad moment...

...I assure you that we will do our best to make the final game worth the additional wait
    ...which I forget as soon as I hear this. They are going to make it super awesome! (Was there even any other option than super awesome?)

Expect content additions like cards, challenges, vanity items, but also game patches, and balance tweaks to be published more frequently.
    And now, this is something that sounds super interesting More challenges! More cards! Since the seasons are going to last only one month in the future, that could also be the time of how often we are going to get new cards? Monthly challenges would be awesome too, but I guess that's a bit too much to hope for. Or is it?

Comment

Yay more patches and balances !! Also more challenges, cards, etc, Sure i can wait a bit longer for campaign. Keep up good work

Comment

[...] [Thronebreaker] is moving to 2018. We decided to increase the campaign’s scope and need more time to work on it. [....] Secondly [...] we’ll be increasing the tempo of multiplayer update releases. [...] Expect content additions like cards, challenges, vanity items, but also game patches, and balance tweaks to be published more frequently.
        [...]
        Actually those are great news to me. A bigger, and most likely more intense and better Thronebreaker in exchange for some more unsated anticipation is a good deal for me.
        More challenges and having card additions/changes/reworks alongside balance changes and tweaks more freuqently is awesome if CDPR decides to be a little less feared of hotfixes - and can widen there testing procedure long-term.
        Because I think a lot of balance issues are due to CDPR having too less data before the implementation of patches - the first day of a patch on the live servers already shows a few severe balance issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunsibar View Post
          They are going to make it super awesome! (Was there even any other option than super awesome?)

Comment

Today is a bad day, but we can wait for better result

Comment

Expect content additions like cards, challenges, vanity items, but also game patches, and balance tweaks to be published more frequently.
              I see. No more game modes...

Comment

I'm glad they're doing this, I don't mind a later release date if it makes the game better. I'm just excited about the new content and more frequent updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Fjormarr View Post
                  I wouldn't be too quick to draw that conclusion just based on the OP.

Comment

We are working on a new game mode as well.

Comment

I don't know where you got that assumption from?

Comment

You bet we expect Thanks for giving us an update even though you have no obligation to do so. Some hints about new content would be awesome though
                        "None shall pass"

Comment

I'm sad that I can't play it this year but I'm sure it's for the best . Looking forward to Thronebreaker!

Comment

Gee, with such delays, I wonder how long it will take to move Gwent to Android & iOS...

Comment

Hmm. Well, I honestly can't say I'm disappointed or sad about the delay with such solid reasoning behind the decision.
                              Besides, December is always a busy month; much more free time in January and February.

Larger scope on the campaign and more frequent multiplayer updates sure sound great.

Looking forward to the eventual release of the campaign with even more anticipation than before!

Comment

Working...
                              X