GWENT: Thronebreaker and Public Beta development roadmap update

+
GWENT: Thronebreaker and Public Beta development roadmap update

Dear gamers!

We’ve decided to introduce changes to GWENT’s development roadmap, and I’d like to take a brief moment of your time to share them with you.

Thronebreaker, GWENT’s story-driven single player campaign, is moving to 2018. We decided to increase the campaign’s scope and need more time to work on it. Shifting release windows is always something we approach seriously, however, we’ll never hesitate to do it if we feel you’ll get a better game as a result. I would like to apologize everyone who planned to play Thronebreaker over the Holidays — I assure you that we will do our best to make the final game worth the additional wait.

Secondly, since 2018 is the year we plan to take GWENT out of beta, we’ll be increasing the tempo of multiplayer update releases. We want you to have more fun playing, but we also want to welcome new gamers into an already rolling multiplayer ecosystem. Expect content additions like cards, challenges, vanity items, but also game patches, and balance tweaks to be published more frequently.

Best regards,
Marcin Iwiński,
co-founder,
CD PROJEKT RED

Dominika;n9872671 said:
...is moving to 2018

Sad moment...

Dominika;n9872671 said:
...I assure you that we will do our best to make the final game worth the additional wait

...which I forget as soon as I hear this. They are going to make it super awesome! (Was there even any other option than super awesome?)

Dominika;n9872671 said:
Expect content additions like cards, challenges, vanity items, but also game patches, and balance tweaks to be published more frequently.

And now, this is something that sounds super interesting :) More challenges! More cards! Since the seasons are going to last only one month in the future, that could also be the time of how often we are going to get new cards? Monthly challenges would be awesome too, but I guess that's a bit too much to hope for. Or is it?

Yay more patches and balances !! Also more challenges, cards, etc, Sure i can wait a bit longer for campaign. Keep up good work

Dominika;n9872671 said:
[...] [Thronebreaker] is moving to 2018. We decided to increase the campaign’s scope and need more time to work on it. [....] Secondly [...] we’ll be increasing the tempo of multiplayer update releases. [...] Expect content additions like cards, challenges, vanity items, but also game patches, and balance tweaks to be published more frequently.
[...]

Actually those are great news to me. A bigger, and most likely more intense and better Thronebreaker in exchange for some more unsated anticipation is a good deal for me.
More challenges and having card additions/changes/reworks alongside balance changes and tweaks more freuqently is awesome if CDPR decides to be a little less feared of hotfixes - and can widen there testing procedure long-term.
Because I think a lot of balance issues are due to CDPR having too less data before the implementation of patches - the first day of a patch on the live servers already shows a few severe balance issues.

Dominika;n9872671 said:
Expect content additions like cards, challenges, vanity items, but also game patches, and balance tweaks to be published more frequently.

I see. No more game modes...

I'm glad they're doing this, I don't mind a later release date if it makes the game better. I'm just excited about the new content and more frequent updates.

Dominika;n9872671 said:

You bet we expect :) Thanks for giving us an update even though you have no obligation to do so. Some hints about new content would be awesome though

I'm sad that I can't play it this year but I'm sure it's for the best :). Looking forward to Thronebreaker!

Hmm. Well, I honestly can't say I'm disappointed or sad about the delay with such solid reasoning behind the decision.
Besides, December is always a busy month; much more free time in January and February. :D

Larger scope on the campaign and more frequent multiplayer updates sure sound great.

Looking forward to the eventual release of the campaign with even more anticipation than before!

Dominika;n9874171 said:
We are working on a new game mode as well. ;)

Another awesome news ;) The game is very fun but in my opinion lacks of variety ( of course, it has just come out from the closed beta so it's understandable xD )

Hope this means a tighter focus on fixing the crashing, disconnects, and current card/archetype balance. Also want a tracker built into the game to level the playing field. Don't care about anything else.

Dominika;n9872671 said:
Thronebreaker, GWENT’s story-driven single player campaign, is moving to 2018

Jokes apart, I know you wouldn't do that if not for the better. Besides there's also the good news about new content and patches more often.

Top Bottom