Faction Challenges are here!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED
Faction Challenges are here!

December marks the beginning of Faction Challenges, a new and exciting series of events that puts you, the community, in the center of the action.

Each Faction Challenge lets you select one of two warring factions and march its armies to victory over a week of intense skirmishes. As a reward for total domination, upon the end of the challenge, the faction which won more battles will grant participating players a Premium Card. The losing faction will reward its supporters with 100 Meteorite Powder. Players can track the progress of each challenge in real-time on playgwent.com.

December 4th marks the start of the first Challenge — Skellige vs. Northern Realms.
How to receive the reward:
  1. Select one of the warring factions
  2. Win matches as that faction — your total win count with faction A needs to be greater than with faction B (see example below)
  3. If your faction wins the Challenge, you will receive a Premium Card. If it loses, you will receive 100 Meteorite Powder.
You’ll be considered a Skellige supporter if you have more wins with that faction over Northern Realms. If you have more wins as Northern Realms at the Challenge’s conclusion, you’ll be deemed a supporter of Northern Realms. The number of your wins with factions not participating in the challenge will not affect your Faction Challenge allegiance.

Good luck!

As a Playstation4 player, how can I select a faction? (or simple winning more with determined faction gives me the select?)
Will wins in casual mode count as well?

So the quantity is based on the total amount of wins that you can find in the profile portion of Gwent right or is this like a whole new section?
Skellige will destroy Northern Realms imo.

Since the start of this event I faced the same 40 card foltest deck 3 times in 6 games. Thanks CDPR, helped me to reached rank 20 after being stuck at rank 19 for a couple of weeks.

But honestly I'm afraid that this event could reduce the deck diversity.

partci

Forum veteran
So it is not MY Win Rate that counts, but the Win Rate of all games played in GWENT during this week? Both in Casual, Regular and Pro Ladder?

And I need to play 1 game more with one of the factions than the other during that week?

So, it's possible to just wait for the last day of the event and win one game in casual with the faction that's currently ahead? That's quite benefitial to those, who don't play NR or SK as main deck.

NlelithZ44;n9931031 said:
So, it's possible to just wait for the last day of the event and win one game in casual with the faction that's currently ahead? That's quite benefitial to those, who don't play NR or SK as main deck.

Yeah, it is indeed. I think CDPR should add a minimal victory with the faction, like 20 wins or more.

This is a very hard decision, I love both NR and Skellige! I'm most definitely going to be rocking my homebrew Queensguard deck. :)

Wait so I'm not sure to understand. Is it the profile's victory that are looked at for the Challenge or is it the amount we did since the Challenge started ? In the post you make it sound like it's the profile's one.

Dominika;n9928571 said:
You’ll be considered a Skellige supporter if you have more wins with that faction over Northern Realms.

I would really appreciate the clarification of this. Does it mean more wins since the Challenge started or more wins in general, the number stated on the profile?

Since I have no way of overtaking my Skellige win count with NR and I am little tired of Skellige from the last patch, so I would rather play NR for the Challenge.

Btw great idea, I am loving the concept.

SrdjanB;n9931831 said:
I would really appreciate the clarification of this. Does it mean more wins since the Challenge started or more wins in general, the number stated on the profile?

Since I have no way of overtaking my Skellige win count with NR and I am little tired of Skellige from the last patch, so I would rather play NR for the Challenge.

Btw great idea, I am loving the concept.

Its when the event starts. Which is now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raavus;n9930431 said:
As a Playstation4 player, how can I select a faction? (or simple winning more with determined faction gives me the select?)
Will wins in casual mode count as well?
All wins with either faction count (in casual, ranked and Pro Ladder matches) - you don't need to select anything. :)

HearthShadow;n9931791 said:
Wait so I'm not sure to understand. Is it the profile's victory that are looked at for the Challenge or is it the amount we did since the Challenge started ? In the post you make it sound like it's the profile's one.

The Challenge lasts for one week, and only the wins from that period of time will count! :)

I don't play with either faction, would 1 win at the very end of the event to the winning faction work?

Skellige match up advantageously against NR in nearly every deck variety.

Skellige are going to mop the floor with NR, especially in low elo

Top Bottom