Faction Challenges are here!

+
People who are saying that NR will lose definitely don't play machines or swarm i got to rank 19 with swarm folest and machines henselt and skellige is the second best match up for NR right after consume

dwupac;n9945941 said:
I don't really like how the best tactic to actually win a card is to play ANY other faction, wait till the end and then play one faction that seems to be winning near the end...

Maybe a good solution to this could be to ask wich faction you'll support during the event when the player open the game (at the beginning of the event).

KDean11;n9948691 said:
They should reward someone like an MVP for most wins in a faction.

That's a super idea ! (cause I'm trying hard to make SK win but it don't seem's to change the score).

Speaking about this, am I the only one to see that the score bar isn't moving since the beginning of the event (NR slightly winning) ?
Is the score is really updated ?

Can't be in real time surely? As he (above me) it hasn't moved because maybe they will do the numbers at the end of event?

I also think some minimum criteria would be good. Either a minimum number of won games, or a minimum number of played games. I find the idea of rewarding the person scoring the most victories for each faction good too.

And also have 2 questions: 1) What happens, if someone wins games with both factions and at the end of the challenge has the same amount of victories with them? Is (s)he then supporting both factions, none of them, or you have an idea how to decide it? Just asking, because as we can't follow where do we stand, it is something that could easily occur...
2) Do games played with friends count as well?

Last edited:
Suvsz;n9957981 said:
2) Do games played with friends count as well?

That would be too easy to make a super high score by forfeing as the game begin and do it multiple times. So I don't think that friend matches works

Man, poor Skelligers never stood a chance...

This is a proof that if the poor netdeck f*&%rs get out of their comfort zone and start to netdeck other stuff (Jesus), statistics might be a bit different and the game actually diverse.

... still hate how everybody suddenly decided to play NR, though...

partci;n9968471 said:
... still hate how everybody suddenly decided to play NR, though...

Everybody didn't just decide to play NR. After a while, they just looked at what's the most popular and start playing that, to join the winning side. Even if CDPR removes the indicator on the website, then it just becomes a binary choice, which locks you into playing only one faction. That's not good for the overall diversity (or good for anything else, really). Either way, the Faction Challenge is flawed.

EDIT: CDPR is better off, creating personal challenges, like the following suggestion: The Card Bonus System: Incentivize Players to Break from the Meta

Last edited:
4RM3D;n9969501 said:
Either way, the Faction Challenge is flawed.
True. But so is the coin toss. Thing is the faction challenge brings into gwent what I haven't seen in any ccg I've played so far and that is great for identity building. I feel these are only the first steps and can become something truly awesome. If they can somehow draw from this and create faction guilds in the game, this game would truly be "...something special"

Guys, when are we supposed to receive the reward?

The challenge is over but I still haven't got my Premium DJ...

Theodrik;n9971321 said:
The Learn More button at playgwent.com (beside the event tracker) says 6h 30m remaining, so it isn't over yet.

I't seems the counter on the webpage goes off your local time. If I reset the clock on my PC to CEST, it shows the event still has time on the clock. Setting it back to my local time shows the event has ended message. Hopefully next faction challange this isn't an issue and the counter runs true to the event.

Top Bottom