Shupe's Big Adventure Deck Discussions

+
styape;n10812191 said:
I have a post-it note with abbreviations of all abilities (like 4: draw, charm, play special (s,b),spawn hazard random, 5 10 5).There's two effects i rarely use (Deal 15 damage //usually no targets, Spawn random hazards on all enemy rows //gets countered easily) There's one effect i never used (Play any bronze or silver special from your deck //that's deck specific). So maybe you should craft it without promises, it's fun.
That quote wasn't from me. I was quoting somebody else here https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...ture-deck-discussions?p=10176102#post10176102. My response was:

There are 6 or so that I use fairly regularly. But some are definitely better than others. It differs based on the circumstances ... but there's a pretty typical priority IMO -

Shupe Mage (4): (1) Draw a card; (2) Spawn random hazards on all enemy rows; (3) Deal 10 damage to an enemy and 5 to any adjacent to it. Once somebody opened with a really high value target in round 3, and I was going for "Charm a random enemy" but I didn't get it. :(

Shupe Hunter (8): I honestly don't use hunter much.

Shupe Knight (12): (1) Strengthen self to 25; (2) Duel an enemy; (3) Destroy enemies with less than 4 power (remember it says less than 4, not four are less).

But yeah. I crafted Shupe the day the card was released. He's my favorite.

Rawls;n10813611 said:
That quote wasn't from me. I was quoting somebody else here

Whoops, yes... sorry. I think I just selected the quote from your response (bad move), that's why it got mislabeled. I made an edit.

Last edited:
I have made a NR ADDA NO UNIT SHUPE deck that is not to bad across the board but against Slave Drivers it's a hoot when they have nothing to spawn.
It also does ok against Reveal but it's tricky to pilot.
I almost forgot my favorite Shupe play so far was Charming IMR: Sabbath in the second round that was made resilient, my first play charm his next play forfeit.

Last edited:
I am literally spitting blood about this game. Every freaking time I play against a ST deck they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS manage to have Yaevinn and Ciri in their last hand. I have played no less than FIVE TIMES IN A ROW and haven't once pulled Shupe. It's SO BROKEN.

AAARRRGGHHHH!! SIX TIMES!!! Honest to God including Mulligans I had EVERY bronze card at the top of the deck. Then mulliganed only to draw the same bloody cards. SO FRUSTRATING AND BROKEN

Last edited:
If you don't draw Shupe 6 games in a row you might want to reconsider your deckbuilding. Looks like more thinning is required in your case.

I hate CA option of shupe :mad:
I love it! :) Yaevinn followed by Shupe in second round where you've already won round 1 is pretty effective. You hope for (1) further CA or (2) 50% chance to charm Yaevinn back over. Normally you'll grab at least one of those two. If not you can use Shupe to play a silver special like Artifact Compression or even just throw hazards all over the board for a long round where you bleed the opponent of all their cards. Good times.

Hello Shupe-Enthusiasts, first time post. :)
Just wanted to point out another way to draw Shupe consistently, which I used a lot during the Skellige faction challenge:
Crach an Craite => Iris´ Companions => Shupe
It´s a decent 18 points play in itself, but there were times when Shupe was immidiatly discarded. Oh, well that´s RNG for you...

Yeah, Iris can be an option too.

Personally, I‘m a sucker for hyperthinning decks, so I rarely not draw Shupe in my Dagon weather deck. Last season I returned back to that deck after a long break and it‘s still the most enjoyable deck for me to play, although it doesn‘t work as great as it used to long ago, when it got me the Dagon avatar. But it‘s a slower deck with some setup required, which can make it tricky these days.

Top Bottom