Fun meme decks for casual?

+
Void_Singer;n10294892 said:
well I was aiming more for casual fun with that list (forgot to mention Zoltan), something that should be fairly easy to build if you are card poor (like me), the rarer cards outside of Nivellen and :Ard are pretty reusable if you care to craft them... I figure if it's casual you shouldn't have to spend much scraps to make it usable
No problem ;)
In fact it's a good thing for you too since, as you gain resources to develop your game you'll probably don't even have to change your strategy since there is options to make your deck fairly good. It's even more true considering the future balancing CDPR plans to do...Scoia'tael movement being probably the last thing they want to change right now.

My two favourite fun decks for casual -

A Study of Ciri in 3 Acts -

Leader: Bran

Gold: Ciri, Ciri: Dash, Ciri: Nova, Royal Decree

Silver: Sigrdrifa, Stribog Runestone, Svanrige, Restore, Roach

Bronze: 2 each of -

Alzur's Thunder
Clan Raider
Doppeler
Dimun Pirate Captain
Dimun Clan Pirate
Greatsword
Light Longship
Priestess of Freya

What makes this one fun to play is that it's not about winning, rather playing all 3 Ciri cards. The easiest challange is simply to have them all on the board at the end of round 3. More advanced challenges can include trying to play one Ciri (in ascending order) each round and activate their abilities.

How to play the deck - Always mulligan Clan Raiders. If you have Ciri: Dash in hand, only consider keeping her if you have Svanrige. In a pinch you can put her next to a Longship, but you won't be able to play Bran until she is off the board. Keep pirate captains and mulligan Light Longships. Open with Pirates, Pirate Captains &/or Greatswords

Always sacrifice your Pirate Captain to the longship you pull with him. Keeping 1 Str units off the board tends to take some of the tempo out of Tremors and other cards that proc additional effects on destroying units.

If you know you SK, then you know that Longships and Greatswords make a pretty good engine. For this deck, they also draw out your opponents locks and removals. Since two of our Ciri's are vulnerable to locking, and the other to Scorch/Igni, the pressure produced by the engine cards is often enough to make your opponent panic and play them in the first round.

Dimun Pirates are there mainly for deck thinning (and this deck does it surprisingly well at times). At 11 str, they also make good resurrection targets in short R2/R3, whereLongship/Greatsword combos don't have time to grow in value. The same is true for Raiders. Being only two of them, they can misdirect your opponent as to what kind of deck he's up against (25 cards and 2 raiders doesn't exactly scream "Ciri: Nova"). Bran-Raider combo can be played at any time. I prefer to play him later in R1, or start of R2. If your starting hand ended up including Svanrige and Dash, you can play Svanrige early, then Bran late. Just remember, if Svanrige pulls a Raider, discard Ciri: Dash. Then when you cycle her with Bran again, you'll have to discard another unit along with your Raider.

Dopplers just create additional points for you. Half the time they present you with units that are situationally useful, other times you'll just be grabbing the Beastmaster. Similar story with the Runestone. What it pulls is going to dictate how you use Restore and Sigrdrifa. If you get garbage, then Restore/Sigrdrifa can be used to bring back your Longships or a Pirate Captain (if you ended up with one of those mulligans that only gives you one of each). Priestesses are there for Greatswords, Pirates and any good soldier cards your dopplers produce.

Ciri can be played in any round. If you're doing all 3 Ciris shown by last turn R3, this won't break the challange, as long as you don't lose her. She can be a tricky card to play in R1. I find a lot of the time when trying to bleed cards, if my opponent has no way to neutralise her, they pass, leaving the round tied or me in the lead. So when the goal is to reveal all 3 Ciris in R3, this is the only time winning R1 and not being cards down is frustrating, since the meme is essentially broken. More often I'll use her at the end of R2 when I've won R1 to secure CA going into R3.

Ciri: Dash shouldn't touch the board until you're ready to reveal her. Use Bran and Svanrige to cycle her through the graveyard. Ocassionally you will get a hand with her and no way to discard her. In that case, play her to a Longship. If you're lucky, your opponent might end up sending her to the Graveyard. If that happens, cycle her with Bran.

Ciri: Nova is going to be the last card. Not because it's a finisher, but because that's how it fits in TW3's story sequence. Of course Ciri is the Lady of Time and Space, so you can always try a reverse order challange with her and open with her R1. If you do get to R3 and manage to play Ciri as your last card, you'll be doing better than me.

Royal Decree is mostly used to fetch Ciri: Dash, given that Ciri and Ciri: Nova seem to mulligan to hand more consistantly than Dash does.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Civil Unrest

Leader: Usurper

Gold: Uma's Curse, Avallac'h: Sage, Cahir, Shilard

Silver: Ceallach, Dorregaray, Dazhbog Runestone, Portcullis, Nilfgaardian Gate

Bronze: Nauzica Sergeant
Magne Division
3 x Slave Infantry
2 x Slave Driver
2 x First Light
3 x Ointment
3 x Doppler

This is a fairly chaotic deck to play (though not as bad as some of the Shupe decks). It's quite reactive in it's choices. There's no real way to play it, other than mulligan Ointment if you have Magne Division in hand. Everything else, from which leader you pick, what your Uma, Runestone, Slave Drivers and Dopplers create right down to how you deploy First Light will depend on how you read the situation with your opponent. Much like a riot...

Usurper Shupe! It's insanely fun to play, and surprisingly viable (in casual).

Here is my version:

Usurper

Muzzle
Uma's Curse
Shupe's Bizarre Adventure
Aguara: True Form

Sweers
The Empress
Scorch
Auckes
Dazhbog Runestone
Black Blood

Nilfgaardian Knight
Rot Tosser
Nauzicaa Sergeant
Alba Cavalry
Combat Engineer
Fire Scorpion
Magne Division
Slave Infantry
Slave Driver
Vicovaro Medic
Assassin
Mushrooms
Ointment
Doppler
Reconnaissance

Empress is an excellent opening play; opponents usually have no way to deal with her or in some cases don't know what she does. ;)

Wait, did I play against you today? that deck looks surprisingly familiar... I was playing Emhyr / Slave Infantry today in casual and tossed an Empress back at a Shupe/Ursurper deck R1

Void_Singer;n10337382 said:
Wait, did I play against you today? that deck looks surprisingly familiar... I was playing Emhyr / Slave Infantry today in casual and tossed an Empress back at a Shupe/Ursurper deck R1

Maybe. Can't recall such Emhyr bounces last night, but I've been playing the deck so much that many matches kinda get mixed together in my mind. :p

https://www.gwentdb.com/decks/41717-shupe-dash

This deck is great fun to play and a really cool concept using Saskia Dragonfire with Shupe and Ciri Dash. I think it could do with a few tweaks because I've had Dash locked a few times now so I'm going to change one or two silvers, maybe put Ciaran in there (to counter things like Radovid). Also I changed a couple of bronze cards for consistency in terms of points because I think things like the Trapper are a bit useless if you don't burn them in the opening hand.

I've been pondering a "Geralt & Friends" themed deck the last couple days. Cards prioritized for close relationship with Geralt in books or games and then for competitive ability. The first question is which leader to go with. I think the two most reasonable options would be Crach or Foltest. Ultimately I went with Crach since
He does sacrifice himself for Ciri in TW3 and the An Craites join the fight against the Wild Hunt
So here was my first crack at it:

Crach an Craite
Geralt: Igni - Dandelion: Poet - Ciri: Nova - Yennefer: The Conjurer
Vesemir - Eskel - Lambert - Roach - Dudu - Olgierd
An Craite Warrior x 2 - An Craite Longsip x 2 - An Crate Maurader x 2 - An Craite Greatsword x 2 - Heymaey Skald x 2 - Priestess of Freya x 2 - Tuirsearch Beastmast x 2 - First Light x 2

Thoughts either lore-wise or tactics wise?

Last edited:
Rawls
Ooh, now this interests me alot since I am a big fan of both the books and the Witcher games, nice one. Did you read the books?

Crach indeed makes the most sense because of the following reason: (It's from the books and a rather minor spoiler about Ciris Childhood, in case you didn't read the books.) ​​​​​
Ciri actually grew up in Skellige with Crachs family if I remember correctly. She and Hjalmar went ice skating every now and then and they even wanted to marry at the age of twelve when Hjalmar got badly injured in a skating accident while he tried to impress Ciri.

So since you are playing Skellige and Crach, Hjalmar would fit in pretty well too lorewise. Regis: Higher Vampire and Zoltan would also fit in very well, not the best cards though.
Depends on how much more you care about lore over winning with this deck. If you don't care too much you could also replace Igni with Geralt: Professional. Lore friendlier but slightly weaker. I say slightly because I've had really bad experiences with Igni. Professional would never be completely dead, unlike Igni. Always at least bronze value.

If you want the deck to be more competitive you can also replace the Silvers with better Skellige options. It makes the deck more Skellige themed, which would also make somewhat sense, but I don't know if that is what you want. So you could replace:

Silver
Lambert -> Sigrdrifa (+makes sense lorewise)
Eskel - > Skjall (+makes sense lorewise)
Vesemir -> Restore
Dudu -> Udalryk or Morkvarg(so no dead Skjall if you Crach into Olgierd/Morkvarg + double carryover with decent immediate points with Skjall/Crach)
Potentially Olgierd -> Morkvarg

Bronze
2x An Craite Warrior -> Dimun Pirate Captain
2x Heymaey Skald -> Dimun Corsair

This deck just might have problems getting enough value in long rounds. So you could potentially also replace Dandelion with Wild Boar Of The Sea, doesn't hurt too much lorewise. So yeah these are my ideas on the deck. You can apply what you like and just leave out the rest, I know I took the deck to a bit of a different direction. Feel free to let me know in case you update your deck and how, I'd be really interested to hear it.

Last edited:
I enjoy playing the Nekker deck. You just put like 8 Nekkers in your deck then you start to consume minions to boost them or just eat them.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Today, i decided to revisit a theme deck i tried a few months ago, but it didnt work so well back then but it's better now:

A Dragon (draconid) deck.

The first problem is draconids are evenly distributed between SC and MO (excluding the neutral ones). SC can have 4 gold draconids, but its in MO that all the bronze draconids are.

So i went with MO. Villentretty, Phoenix, Ocvist, Mirggy, and Dorregaray since he can spawn silver dragons. Complemented the rest with strengthen options and a bit of harpies to capitalize on the consume draconids. No Saskia Dragonblaze though, that card is insane.

It didnt do that well, but it has improved from the time when there wasnt Phoenix, forktails and slyzards. Still think Phoenix shouldnt be Doomed, as its concept is it's reborn from its ashes...

Top Bottom