Tips for climbing to GM in a short time?

+
Tips for climbing to GM in a short time?

So I basically want to climb from about 3'300 MMR to 4'200 MMR within the next few days since I won't have time next week.

What decks would you guys recommend? Can I even reach that in that given time period and how long would you say would I have to play each day? How is the MMR gain/loss up there and is the difficulty of reaching 4.2k MMR comparable to the midwinter (december) season?

I'm not able to play today so I might aswell ask all of you what you think about this. I will for sure try it and see how it goes though. Thanks in advance to anyone.

I just got to rank 21 yesterday with alchemy nilfgaard standard list 10 alchemy cards. I dont run Stefan as a gold though as although he fixes your draws I drew him too many times in round 3 , swapped him with Vilgeford but many people run Stefan so its up to you. Overall I took around 130 games with around a 70% winrate from the first day of the season. The MMR system is pretty much the same ie the gain/loss for a win and defeat starts to balance out after 4K. Although there arent that many people at rank 20 when i did it, so I ended up facing people with much lower MMR than me so losses were -30ish at 4k and really devastating however, as the season continues this should be easier as more people climb. Do keep in mind tho that many decks are now teching mandrake to banish your leader so play around that if you can.

Greatswords/Dimun Longships deck can get you there (got me there), I just saw regular nekkers' consume deck there, Henselt machines with Villentretenmerth is also there, Swapping ST is there but I think it's kinda weak in comparison to the Greatswords/Longship decks... And this too: https://www.gwentdb.com/decks/43981-...l-rotten-spies (this one should obliterate Greatswords, because they are too big juicy targets)

I don't play net decks, so, if you want to copy then that top deck is proven and skill based too (not a point slamming).

Last edited:
here... try this https://gwentup.com/report/18/6
you can pretty much guess which decks those are... if you want to be a little original go through the top leaders and see which ones they're losing to the most often then guess the deck that goes with that instead

as for how long it will take? you might manage it if you play through your first 18 for 3 days with a decent deck

Pick the deck you played against the most. Preferably the most unbalanced. Op one, one that plays itself preferably and grind your new net deck all the way to grand master.

About the time it requires, it depends on you really.
If you have a job, a family ect just forget about it. Especially since they shortened the season to one month I feel like it's just impossible for us to get that high.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I was trying to climb to Rank 20 at least, wont even aim as far as Grandmaster. Was almost there, only 100 pts away... then just lost 7 times in a row... Im crushed, and fatigued, from using the same old deck (its the only viable one i got atm) against the same bloody decks with ridiculous tempo and hard to counter even when you know what's coming.

I miss the time when Gwent was more about predicting the opponent and less about using failsafe strategies...

Top Bottom