Do something about Vilgefortz and Tibor.

+
Do something about Vilgefortz and Tibor.

I don't know if i post this in the right section or if this topic has been disscussed before but...whatever here it goes.Change them so that if you don't have any cards left in your deck to draw and meet the requirement their effect won't trigger.Mill is an annoyance and every time they keep them for the end and kill your highest unit with Vilgefortz and get a cheap 25 point with Tibor.I don't think that's how they were supposed to work since they have that requirement for triggering but the NG players being the fair and skilled players that they are,found this little loophole,started playing mill and they abuse the crap out of it.

EDIT: A misunderstanding. My other post covers your issues.

I don't understand the problem. Both cards work as intended.

If you don't have cards in your deck, then you're just destroying your own card for no reason, as you're not drawing another one. Sure, you can destroy a low point card but that's part of the tactic. And if you destroy an opponent card, he gets to draw a new one.

Tibor is also a card with a drawback. The drawback being that it draws your opponent a card, which can win him the game.

With much more broken cards in the game, I have no idea where this complaint is coming from. While Vilgefortz is played, Tibor is nowhere to be seen. You must have run into those cards at low ranks and had no counters since you didn't expect them. Not that they require any specific counters.

Last edited:
Yes, this has been suggested a few time before, back in the day when Mill was dominating. Nowadays, after the nerf, I rarely see Mill. Besides, you forgot to mention the other cards, like Avallac'h and Albrich. In the end, such a change is no longer required.

Sorry, we're talking about mill here. Mill hasn't been a thing in ages. And even when it was, it wasn't that big of a deal to me. Keep in mind that I played at lower ranks and people there probably didn't know how to use it properly.

In general, probably the most boring archetype to play against and to actually play. I put in about 3 games of mill before getting bored of it. They nerfed it now so it's all good.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10863381 said:
EDIT: A misunderstanding. My other post covers your issues.

I don't understand the problem. Both cards work as intended.

If you don't have cards in your deck, then you're just destroying your own card for no reason, as you're not drawing another one. Sure, you can destroy a low point card but that's part of the tactic. And if you destroy an opponent card, he gets to draw a new one.

Tibor is also a card with a drawback. The drawback being that it draws your opponent a card, which can win him the game.

With much more broken cards in the game, I have no idea where this complaint is coming from. While Vilgefortz is played, Tibor is nowhere to be seen. You must have run into those cards at low ranks and had no counters since you didn't expect them. Not that they require any specific counters.

I ran into this cards a few times today in casual and it was very annoying.My rank is 20 in comp if you're trying to say i don't know how to play or how to counter them or whatever.

Yes they do have drawbacks but my point is the mill player abuses the mill stuff and plays around those drawbacks and they basically don't give you anything when you're out of cards. Feels like an abuse to me.

They thin out all of your deck then just go into round 3 with Vilg and Tibro and they just burn your highest unit with Vilg and play a 25 finisher with Tibor and you don't get to draw anything. That's why i said it feels like an unintended loophole.

4RM3D - Avallac'h and Albrich should also be modified to not work if you don't have anything to draw if that's what you meant.

Yeah, I agree. Mill still easily draws 10 card from your deck (I see it quite a few times in casual). I think the main reason it's not meta right now is that T1 decks like Crach tend to generate a lot of points in long rounds. Milling them won't help because of that. If you don't play a meta deck like that, mill can become very unfair even if you tone down your thinning close to zero.

So I agree that cards that force you to draw a card, should not trigger the effect if a player ran out of cards.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've also observed a resurgence of mill decks lately, but i dont think these cards the OP mentioned should be changed, they're all a Mill deck has to make them win.

Mill was already nerfed super hard, i think that was even one of the reasons for Gold Immunity and removal of Demote (Gold to Silver), was so you couldnt play Avallach freakin 5 or more times, that was the time where complaining about Milling was valid.

The problem is most decks nowadays are super efficient, hyper deck thinning 25 card decks, the new mill decks just have to wait you do your thing early match, then on R3 make you draw 5 or 6 cards and you're empty, ironically mill is probably really bad vs beginner decks since they dont have tutors and thinning and tend to build bigger decks.

Tibor can only get value if sweers hits someting.
I have a casual mill deck and sweers dont hit anything on brouver swarm because they have only 2copy bronzes.

Tibor should stay as is.

Mill is a healthy check on the overthining decks of the oppossite spectrum

DRK3 - I never said they are OP.They are fairly balanced with that drawback but the mill decks bypass that and that's what makes them too good.

Pruny - that's only true if they have a Nova deck,otherwise you're ok.And even with nova that doesn't mean much since Tibor can overpower her.

SoSaHer - Let's agree to disagree. If that was the case why not just make tibor a 25 point card without the drawback and vilg simply destroy a card without the drawback? They have those drawbacks for a reason,not to be bypassed by cheap tactics.

Mill is not really competitive though, as much as I hate it. It has a winrate of about 40% or less in the top tier. That's worse than Reveal or Radovid.

some guy tryed to mill my eithne deck and i discarded all my thinning cards and scorched his letho :victory:

Top Bottom