Biggest Power Swing With One Card?

+
I guess it depends on the situation, for example, as mentioned before, Igni or Borkh can represent some insane power swing (in fact I clearly remember scoring a 56 points Scorch against a Foltest Reaver hunter player....he protected his board against low damage AoE with a couple of Reaver scouts but not high damage one lol).

In a way the unit that could, potentially, represent the higher power swing should be Shiru (since he's the strongest unit that gives a Scorch opportunity). Your opponent must be quiet dumb though, or his deck quiet unreliable.

But if you mean "without set up and you don't count the scorch given by Shiru as being "one card" (which would not be exactly fair because if so, you shouldn't count the unit pulled off by Stennis...at least in my mind but I have a strange mind lol) then yes, I guess Dijkstra is the best.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n9560161 said:
I don't know how you are taking swing here but kambi destroying all cards from board so that's not a swing, kambi swing is only 12 point & that also actually a -12 swing imo.

To quantify a swing, you subtract the point difference from before you use the specific card to the difference after you use it. So going from losing for, lets say, 100, to 16 (Hemdall's value):

(-16) - (-100) = 84. This is the value of the power swing, and it's obviously positive, even though the initial and final values are negative.

Look at this, you had me bring down math, like i didnt had enough of it in my life already...

Although your calculation is ok I am talking swing as from 1 side to another like.. You played Dijkstra for -3 but you gain 30+ may be on your side, You played scorch & you swing the power from opp. to your side. I thought it's about getting ahead of your opp. with big power swing in 1 card.

Where, kambi is just reducing the difference margin of your loosing as even after playing kambi you are still lagging behind opp. & you need 1 or more cards to win.

Anyways I really don't think this is quite important as if you think Kambi is power swing cards then may be it is as I never use Kambi :)

Don't know posting you tube links ok or not, If not then remove the post please.
I just found this.. Kahir Power swing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS0ExMaqHnM&feature=youtu.be

& I was thinking of this combo..
Calveit > Kahir > Rainfarm > Joachim de Wett > Ceallach > Emissary > Emissary > Emissary > Vicovaro Novice > Full Moon Potion & If there is Impera Brigade & Impera Enforcers available on board then I think this have potential to beat Dijkstra even though this is fat tough to pull :)

4RM3D;n9098130 said:
Realistically speaking? Maybe, I have to think about it because you've already mentioned most of them. Actually, because you've mentioned Igni and Scorch, you should also mention Letho + D-Bomb.

Unrealistically speaking? Well, there is this: https://youtu.be/ikxMdCwsv_4?t=2493

Sorry for swearing but....what the f#@% lolololol
5031 points...Is it safe to claim that to be the highest points that was ever been scored in a round (game even) in the entire history of Gwent? XD

To answer the question, even though we're not talking about the same meta, I think Igni is pretty much unbeatable considering the value you can potentially get out of this card. I mean, it's the only card that can wipe out multiple high str enemy units in one play, there is virtually no cap to this card when pretty much everything has one to some degree.

Zoltan should technically be better in conjunction with Merigold Hailstorm but this is cheating since you're not finishing your opponent with him (the last card played is MH) so I would stay with Igni and I don't see any other that can be added to the list. Even Woodland spirit is a joke compared to those guys (in fact he became much better early on with the Harpy/foglet change.)

GenLiu;n9639261 said:
Sorry for swearing but....what the f#@% lolololol
5031 points...Is it safe to claim that to be the highest points that was ever been scored in a round (game even) in the entire history of Gwent? XD

To answer the question, even though we're not talking about the same meta, I think Igni is pretty much unbeatable considering the value you can potentially get out of this card. I mean, it's the only card that can wipe out multiple high str enemy units in one play, there is virtually no cap to this card when pretty much everything has one to some degree.

Zoltan should technically be better in conjunction with Merigold Hailstorm but this is cheating since you're not finishing your opponent with him (the last card played is MH) so I would stay with Igni and I don't see any other that can be added to the list. Even Woodland spirit is a joke compared to those guys (in fact he became much better early on with the Harpy/foglet change.)

Igni is very limited in comparison with scorch, as it only targets one row, and has a pre-requisite of 25 points on that row. Scorch has no such pre-requsites, it can wipe out targets with the same value on multiple rows.
On the plus side Igni will not wipe out cards on your side (which is great) and ads +5 points to your score.
Overall i think scorch can make a bigger swing.

As many decks now rely on boosting/strengthening i think Hailstorm is also a very good.

Succubus takes the biggest enemy from the opposite row and places it on your side. even if its a unit with just 10 strength it is a 20 point swing. it can even steal a unit with resilience.

4RM3D;n9098130 said:
Realistically speaking? Maybe, I have to think about it because you've already mentioned most of them. Actually, because you've mentioned Igni and Scorch, you should also mention Letho + D-Bomb.

Unrealistically speaking? Well, there is this: https://youtu.be/ikxMdCwsv_4?t=2493

Can i suggest a letho + mardroeme->spore, instead?

Mr Monster - Swingers of the damned

So had my most swingy game to date I'd say.

Opponent finished up with a 49 point Hailstorm together with a 50 point Succubus...

Why do you have a single 50 pt unit?
Why do you have 100 points on a single row?

Those are the questions I'd be asking myself.

Actually the Succubus was 52 point swing. Moving a 24 point unit.
The 100 points was because he moved 3 of my big units with his spy as well as two drowners.

Gyurim;n9650091 said:
Igni is very limited in comparison with scorch, as it only targets one row, and has a pre-requisite of 25 points on that row. Scorch has no such pre-requsites, it can wipe out targets with the same value on multiple rows.
On the plus side Igni will not wipe out cards on your side (which is great) and ads +5 points to your score.
Overall i think scorch can make a bigger swing.

As many decks now rely on boosting/strengthening i think Hailstorm is also a very good.

Succubus takes the biggest enemy from the opposite row and places it on your side. even if its a unit with just 10 strength it is a 20 point swing. it can even steal a unit with resilience.

Fully agree for Scorch. The reason I didn't mentioned it is because I though the topic was the biggest Gold finisher, for some reason, but it's not the case at all.
So I agree with you Scorch is probably the biggest finisher. Succubus is also a very good mention but I feel like she'll realistically represent lower power swing than Scorch or Igni, especially since she can be countered before she proc. Again, realistically, technically she can produce pretty much unlimited value.

Last night i stole a 32 pt heavy cavalry with succubus ( 64 pt power swing + 4 succubus = 68) in round 2 and still lost the round by -1 and the game later on.

Crach an Craite & Djenge Frett

Board setup typically as follows,
2 raging beserkers, 3 x Clan Brokarvar Hunter,

Leader Card into Djene Frete, using the beserkers this creates
36-42depending on ideal unit layout.

Without Hunters, this can be setup in 3 turns ideally. Using Skjall + decoy to summon the beserkers prior to using leader card for
32power.

Another Skellige

Warcrier -> 2x Marauders ( with ideal conditions marauders are 24+ each.) Creating 26 power. Takes a bit of setup to achieve ideal conditions but packs a punch,

Also interestingly, enough this play can follow the first play giving 80+ in 2 moves.

Last edited:
A special finisher against restore SK:
Aglais - Restore - Barclay Els - Agitator - pyrotechnician = up to 39 points

Even the more common play:
Aglais - Restore - Agitator - x = usually 30 or more

Top Bottom