x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

biggest single card finisher?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biggest single card finisher?

What are popular these days? This can include some set up but not like a 10 card combo etc...
    We have ithline with 2 thunder bolt potion for +24-5 if you have 5 units.
    Ithline using two adrenaline rush on two buffed up drawf got then 30 carry over...
    Bs infantry man buffed by 4 sergeants plus foltest for 24, or 3 for 21. (Ok, this is like a 10 cards combo, but I pull it off like 80% of the times)
    Crones for 20.
    Witchers buffed by dandylion and foltest for 26 (assuming you kept one in hand).
    Henselt with one reaver hunter on the field is something like 30 plus cut half a unit?
    Buffed up nekkers eaten by unseen elder and some eggs with a behemoth behind it can be crazy.
    Tibor is still 23 with zero setup.
    Mirror an egg into a giant buff unit.
    Igni into a bunch of 7 strength be units (I lost 21 +4).
    Scorch a bunch of buffed dorfs (use the 221 dragon first to line them up). I got 36!
    Commander horn is a 20 PTS silver!
    Anything else?

Originally posted by KingPegasus View Post
    Anything else?
    Realistically speaking? Maybe, I have to think about it because you've already mentioned most of them. Actually, because you've mentioned Igni and Scorch, you should also mention Letho + D-Bomb.

Unrealistically speaking? Well, there is this: https://youtu.be/ikxMdCwsv_4?t=2493

Comment

Tibor. I hate running into that guy.

Monsters have a gold unit that consumes a card from the hand and gets +8, but I forget the name; begins with a K.

Comment

Originally posted by Giomancer View Post
        Monsters have a gold unit that consumes a card from the hand and gets +8, but I forget the name; begins with a K.
        Kentucky Fried Chicken? Omnomnom!

(Kayran)

Comment

Kayran? Big tentacles monster? Anyway, one more, grave hag after crazy amount of arachnids. It's like a 30 or play sometimes.

Comment

Grave hag. With the right setup it gives you a 25+ pt swing in 3rd round.

Comment

Succubus. Nothing the like when someone takes your biggest unit in in the last round..

Comment

Originally posted by 4RM3D View Post

Realistically speaking? Maybe, I have to think about it because you've already mentioned most of them. Actually, because you've mentioned Igni and Scorch, you should also mention Letho + D-Bomb.

Unrealistically speaking? Well, there is this: https://youtu.be/ikxMdCwsv_4?t=2493
                Sorry for swearing but....what the f#@% lolololol
                5031 points...Is it safe to claim that to be the highest points that was ever been scored in a round (game even) in the entire history of Gwent? XD

To answer the question, even though we're not talking about the same meta, I think Igni is pretty much unbeatable considering the value you can potentially get out of this card. I mean, it's the only card that can wipe out multiple high str enemy units in one play, there is virtually no cap to this card when pretty much everything has one to some degree.

Zoltan should technically be better in conjunction with Merigold Hailstorm but this is cheating since you're not finishing your opponent with him (the last card played is MH) so I would stay with Igni and I don't see any other that can be added to the list. Even Woodland spirit is a joke compared to those guys (in fact he became much better early on with the Harpy/foglet change.)

Comment

Originally posted by GenLiu View Post

Sorry for swearing but....what the f#@% lolololol
                  5031 points...Is it safe to claim that to be the highest points that was ever been scored in a round (game even) in the entire history of Gwent? XD

To answer the question, even though we're not talking about the same meta, I think Igni is pretty much unbeatable considering the value you can potentially get out of this card. I mean, it's the only card that can wipe out multiple high str enemy units in one play, there is virtually no cap to this card when pretty much everything has one to some degree.

Zoltan should technically be better in conjunction with Merigold Hailstorm but this is cheating since you're not finishing your opponent with him (the last card played is MH) so I would stay with Igni and I don't see any other that can be added to the list. Even Woodland spirit is a joke compared to those guys (in fact he became much better early on with the Harpy/foglet change.)

Igni is very limited in comparison with scorch, as it only targets one row, and has a pre-requisite of 25 points on that row. Scorch has no such pre-requsites, it can wipe out targets with the same value on multiple rows.
                  On the plus side Igni will not wipe out cards on your side (which is great) and ads +5 points to your score.
                  Overall i think scorch can make a bigger swing.

As many decks now rely on boosting/strengthening i think Hailstorm is also a very good.

Succubus takes the biggest enemy from the opposite row and places it on your side. even if its a unit with just 10 strength it is a 20 point swing. it can even steal a unit with resilience.

Comment

Originally posted by 4RM3D View Post

Can i suggest a letho + mardroeme->spore, instead?
                    So SKELLIGE, much storm

Comment

Originally posted by Gyurim View Post

Igni is very limited in comparison with scorch, as it only targets one row, and has a pre-requisite of 25 points on that row. Scorch has no such pre-requsites, it can wipe out targets with the same value on multiple rows.
                      On the plus side Igni will not wipe out cards on your side (which is great) and ads +5 points to your score.
                      Overall i think scorch can make a bigger swing.

As many decks now rely on boosting/strengthening i think Hailstorm is also a very good.

Succubus takes the biggest enemy from the opposite row and places it on your side. even if its a unit with just 10 strength it is a 20 point swing. it can even steal a unit with resilience.
                      Fully agree for Scorch. The reason I didn't mentioned it is because I though the topic was the biggest Gold finisher, for some reason, but it's not the case at all.
                      So I agree with you Scorch is probably the biggest finisher. Succubus is also a very good mention but I feel like she'll realistically represent lower power swing than Scorch or Igni, especially since she can be countered before she proc. Again, realistically, technically she can produce pretty much unlimited value.

Comment

Crach an Craite & Djenge Frett

Board setup typically as follows,
                        2 raging beserkers, 3 x Clan Brokarvar Hunter,

Leader Card into Djene Frete, using the beserkers this creates
                        36-42depending on ideal unit layout.

Without Hunters, this can be setup in 3 turns ideally. Using Skjall + decoy to summon the beserkers prior to using leader card for
                        32power.

Another Skellige

Warcrier -> 2x Marauders ( with ideal conditions marauders are 24+ each.) Creating 26 power. Takes a bit of setup to achieve ideal conditions but packs a punch,

Also interestingly, enough this play can follow the first play giving 80+ in 2 moves.
                        Last edited by Aflickted; 12-10-17, 20:07.

Comment

A special finisher against restore SK:
                          Aglais - Restore - Barclay Els - Agitator - pyrotechnician = up to 39 points

Even the more common play:
                          Aglais - Restore - Agitator - x = usually 30 or more

Comment

Working...
                          X