Biggest Power Swing With One Card?

+

What are popular these days? This can include some set up but not like a 10 card combo etc...
We have ithline with 2 thunder bolt potion for +24-5 if you have 5 units.
Ithline using two adrenaline rush on two buffed up drawf got then 30 carry over...
Bs infantry man buffed by 4 sergeants plus foltest for 24, or 3 for 21. (Ok, this is like a 10 cards combo, but I pull it off like 80% of the times)
Crones for 20.
Witchers buffed by dandylion and foltest for 26 (assuming you kept one in hand).
Henselt with one reaver hunter on the field is something like 30 plus cut half a unit?
Buffed up nekkers eaten by unseen elder and some eggs with a behemoth behind it can be crazy.
Tibor is still 23 with zero setup.
Mirror an egg into a giant buff unit.
Igni into a bunch of 7 strength be units (I lost 21 +4).
Scorch a bunch of buffed dorfs (use the 221 dragon first to line them up). I got 36!
Commander horn is a 20 PTS silver!
Anything else?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
KingPegasus;n9098060 said:
Anything else?

Realistically speaking? Maybe, I have to think about it because you've already mentioned most of them. Actually, because you've mentioned Igni and Scorch, you should also mention Letho + D-Bomb.

Unrealistically speaking? Well, there is this: https://youtu.be/ikxMdCwsv_4?t=2493

Tibor. I hate running into that guy.

Monsters have a gold unit that consumes a card from the hand and gets +8, but I forget the name; begins with a K.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Giomancer;n9098260 said:
Monsters have a gold unit that consumes a card from the hand and gets +8, but I forget the name; begins with a K.

Kentucky Fried Chicken? Omnomnom!

(Kayran)

Kayran? Big tentacles monster? Anyway, one more, grave hag after crazy amount of arachnids. It's like a 30 or play sometimes.

Dijkstra (-3)
+=> Shani (5) => Stennis (3) => Heavy Cavalry (8+10) = 26 strength
+=> Natalis (6) => Decoy (3) => Stennis => Heavy Cavalry (8+5) = 22 strength

Total 26 + 22 - 3 = 45 strength with "one" card (or 49 strength with Roach for giggles)

:hmm:

Anyone else can to better with one card?

I don't think there's a card that can provide a bigger power swing, no.

In general, I'd say Dijkstra is a pretty good candidate for a nerf next patch. The most logical thing to do would probably be to limit his ability to silver and bronze. And even then it would still be amazingly good.

Last edited:
Perfect Igni on butterfly buffed one row army?

Btw, sometime Dijkstra is suicide move, like scorch...

Ildun;n9553101 said:
Perfect Igni on butterfly buffed one row army?

That's reactive play and that requires the opponent having a very specific setup. But yeah, in theory the power swing could come above 100 strength.

I guess there are other variations if you allow setup with cards like Foltest, Blue stripe scout, Dandelion, etc because your example implies a setup aswell with Stennis already in graveyard and your deck thinned enough to pull the cavalry.

Pulled off a 40+ before with scorch. Fun fact the northern realms cards in a certain deck all tend to hit 6 strength. So I reduced my strongest card by trisses hail storm on my own row. He thanked me. Not realising the storm of vengeance coming his way. Wiped out 8 cards with one scorch. Never managed to repeat it. Still good Times.

DRK3

Forum veteran
You guys are adorable... look at my avatar... That bad boy has given me power swings of over 100 points multiple times. Can give pics, by request...

:smiling2:

Though you guys probably meant giving you points, not subtracting from the enemy... Still a power swing can be both ways, and my Kambi/ Hemdall is unbeatable in that department.

I had a game once where I was losing round 1 vs nilfgaard and instead of just letting the round end my opponent kept playing cards. He was buffing 2 units to huge numbers and then gave them both resilience. The following round he gobbled them both up with Lortho who was sitting at over 150 power to my 0 power. This was last season when gold gave damage immunity so it was a pretty funny play. You might get me on a technicality here, but I shackled Lortho and then scorched him. So scorch removed over 150 power. If you don't want to give me that one, I've had some legit scorches for 40+ power swings where multiple enemies have the same amount of life.

I've also had some epic power swings with that silver spy who gives all your units 3 power when she dies (also pre-patch). You could make the argument that it is a 2 card combo, but I've done it by feeding her to the consume dude (vran?) in monster decks, thus not taking 2 cards or allowing my opponent any counter play. Some of those have easily been 60+ power swings. I've had some pretty hard hitting hailstorms that have been in the 40-60 damage range.

@xDivinity problem is, for Menno and Letho you need a set up with TWO Golds, Dijkstra you just play once and you are a happy camper.

Besides, how many people are actually using Letho nowadays? I was using him when the patch hit, but then totally forgot about him. I think he needs like 4 Armor on deploy, so at least he can be used defensively.

Also, Dijkstra should be the one getting the 5 Armor and not Stennis, in my opinion. It is preposterous how those two work right now and the swing each of them bring. You can't actually tell which one is the Gold and which one the Silver. You can actually argue about that.

Last edited:
DRK3;n9555521 said:
You guys are adorable... look at my avatar... That bad boy has given me power swings of over 100 points multiple times. Can give pics, by request...

:smiling2:

Kambi cannot work alone, and it do not swing for your side :D

I've seen a 62 point swing Succubus. And Hailstorm can do some nasty stuffs.

But I suppose neither count as gained strength on your own side. Well, the succubus would be half that, but still no way near.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Ildun;n9557141 said:
Kambi cannot work alone, and it do not swing for your side :D

I guess Kambi can be considered a more than 1 card strategy, although i use bears to instatrigger him. And how the hell going from losing for +100 pts to losing for only 16 is not a swing to my side?

:listen:

DRK3;n9559741 said:
I guess Kambi can be considered a more than 1 card strategy, although i use bears to instatrigger him.

For me too it's still 2 cards as you need Bear, I mean some setup which is not a case in dijkstra, scorch, succubus and hailstorm.

DRK3;n9559741 said:
And how the hell going from losing for +100 pts to losing for only 16 is not a swing to my side?

I don't know how you are taking swing here but kambi destroying all cards from board so that's not a swing, kambi swing is only 12 point & that also actually a -12 swing imo.

Top Bottom