Geralt Igni Currently The Premier Gold To Craft?

+
Geralt Igni Currently The Premier Gold To Craft?

For new players is Geralt Igni the best gold card somebody could craft right now?

Leave your feedback if you have another pick for beginners.

I agree. It fits in every deck, gives good value nearly every game or might win game on its own if your opponent misplays.

If you face a lot of decks which rely on buffing huge units, then Igni is definitely a good gold to craft. And it's one of the best golds in general.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Regis is also pretty nice for a lot of decks and a safe bet. You can almost always use him.

Before the patch I had removed Igni from most of my decks because there were more interesting gold alternatives.
Now with all the Spelldorf decks unfortunately I see myself forced to use it again :(

But it's definitely a pretty good gold card.

1 Card advantage with Ciri is also really good, Renew was also pretty, pretty good, but with the latest Buffamageddon, the probability of GIgni to obliterate 20+ STR from an opponent' row and win you a Round is like 90%.

I also like Ciri: Dash - more often than not it returns to your hand at least one more time for the 12 STR buff.

One of my favorites - Villentretenfluckingname was really crippled with the hot fix. 8 STR is awesome, but the 3 Rounds timer for just one Scorching is way too much and you can play around it a lot better - helps the Buffers a ton (like I am not playing Spotters during the day, but still, I know what he was capable of before and after). :(

Becareful with him though, you don't know how many times i have seen him wasted and cost people their game, espcially if you get him round 3 when there are fewer cards on the board.

He is 4 strength and has a very situational ability.

Having said that a lot of people stack rows, so there is a likelyhood that he will come in useful.

However, people can easily recover from a igni attack if you diden't take 20+ points with it.

I've recovered from so many igni attacks to win the game.

Then again i've been forced to pass a few time too.

Hes so good he seems like a balance problem, to me. He's a 24-point swing in a match, at a minimum, and when he's played against me it's usually more like 30+. So yes, I think it's hard to imagine why you'd craft anything else before him.

Regis and the Ciris are not good crafts for a new player. Regis is pretty awful most of the time compared to other golds, ciri dash requires a pretty specific deck, and normal ciri also generally only wants to be played in control. Gigni is the way to go if you're looking for the all around best neutral card, no other neutral gold really comes close as far as being universally good goes. The runner up to that would be Yennefer (the 6 strength one, not yen conj). Yen is more specifically good in this meta though, so you might not get as much mileage as you would from Gigni.

I think an interesting option would also be to look at some faction specific legendaries instead. The best advice for a while was that neutral crafts were always something you should go for first, however with all of the neutral gold nerfs we have seen I think faction-specific crafts are a lot better than they used to be. Monsters is probably the best faction to look at for a cheap beginner deck, unless you've got another faction that's really well developed. I'd consider crafting Ge'els as he has been a consistently good gold for quite a while now. You can make something similar to the deck below. The nice thing about monsters is the golds and silvers really don't matter that much, so you can really swap in and out for whatever you happen to already own. This should get you up to 2k MMR at least and you'll have some more kegs to work with then.

Attachments

• MonstersStarter.PNG
    MonstersStarter.PNG
    554.8 KB · Views: 95
Was the first gold I crafted in closed beta, and is the first gold I crafted in open beta. It's such a versatile card and can fit in to almost every strategy

I'd say so. People play differently and even row stack by trying to diversify high value units in fear of this card. Its not an auto-include in any deck, but it was the first legendary I crafting in closed and open beta as well and I have 0 regrets about it. As many content creators will tell you, it is a card that literally has defined the way the game is played.

Yeah, good safe bet. Not always the best gold to include, but it can be included and be of good use in any deck.

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Vespuche;n9103870 said:
For new players is Geralt Igni the best gold card somebody could craft right now?

Leave your feedback if you have another pick for beginners.

Gigni is always a safe bet, can be a huge swing and is quite easy to use :)

Burza46;n9257881 said:
Gigni is always a safe bet, can be a huge swing and is quite easy to use :)
Stop calling it Gingi. Don't be THAT guy.

Igni isn't the best gold card though. Not at all...

Top Bottom