Questions on Johnny + Prize Winning Cow

+
Questions on Johnny + Prize Winning Cow

asking for potential crafting....

1) does the prize winning cow retaliate when armor hit or only when taking damage?
2) speaking of the cow, i thought i once saw it had brave (not speaking of the chort that spawns when down) itself? or am i mistaken?
3) if using johnny on a gold card, what happens if the other player doesn't have a gold in their hand at that time?

thank you in advance

Answering:

1) Retaliation works when taking damage. Besides, the cow has no armor. It will spawn a Chort whenever it takes damage and when it dies.
2) The cow doesn't have the brave keyword.
3) You understood it wrong. Johnny discard a card from your hand and copy a random card of the same color from the oponnent's deck. So let's say your oponnent has all four golds in his hand, if you Johnny a gold in your hand, you discard yours but get nothing in return nothing happens.

Last edited:
Theodrik;n9303591 said:
So let's say your oponnent has all four golds in his hand, if you Johnny a gold in your hand, you discard yours but get nothing in return.

Small correction: when Johnny can't get a card from the opponent's deck, you will keep your gold card and Johnny's ability doesn't trigger.

thanks guys :) so when it comes to johnny (i remembered card wrong, thought is said in hand) you can only be burnt if all P2's golds are on the board or in the hand. so i guess the strategy with him is to play as soon as possible and discard a gold that can return however.

is cerys from SK and both ciris the only gold cards that can be played/returned/etc after getting to graveyard?

btw, i know the cow doesn't come with armor, i was referring to if you put some on him with immune boost or whatever other way to give armor. getting an armor hit won't trigger the chort i gather.

Cardzilla;n9304031 said:
so i guess the strategy with him is to play as soon as possible and discard a gold that can return however.
You're right, specially if you're running a Discard Skellige deck which I assume you are. You wanna discard Cerys asap so your Raiders and Guards can trigger her ressurection ability.

Cardzilla;n9304031 said:
is cerys from SK and both ciris the only gold cards that can be played/returned/etc after getting to graveyard?
Without using Renew yes, those are the only golds that can return from the graveyard.

i don't think renew should qualify in that regard as it is just changing into something in graveyard as opposed to ciri dash and cerys being able to address the discard on own. i would know as i play renew alot with yennefer conjurer/phillipa from this deck that's been updated a little: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...1-my-extreme-budget-nr-projectile-reaver-deck

off topic, i do pretty well with the deck as long as i don't make too many mistakes and am not facing NG rot tossers.

so a really cool SK deck (that i'll not be able to afford for a really long time) would be:
- johnny + decoy
- ciri dash + cerys
- sigridifa to resurrect johnny
....then whatever (which i have no idea how it'd work as i don't play/know SK very well) that thins your deck as much as possible + whatever other golds/silvers

i asked about the cow because i'd love to one day make a chort factory deck but wanted to know exactly the in's and outs of the cow before considering.

theo, please check PM's. first one ever sent, so not sure if i did it right.

a new question on johnny as relates to ciri dash. when he discards her and enters the graveyard, is she shuffled back in immediately, or at the end of the current round?

also, if anyone wondered, i found a good counter in case you ever fact someone who uses cows to make a bunch of chorts. mutagen/spores on it. kills it without even giving the deathwish.

Last edited:
Cardzilla;n9306331 said:
a new question on johnny as relates to ciri dash. when he discards her and enters the graveyard, is she shuffled back in immediately, or at the end of the current round?/QUOTE]

Immediately.

Cardzilla;n9306331 said:
i found a good counter in case you ever fact someone who uses cows to make a bunch of chorts. mutagen/spores on it. kills it without even giving the deathwish.

Thank you, captain obvious.

i get you and many probably already knew about spores/mutagen on the cow, but there might have been some who didn't know. off topic, can you or someone tell me what it does to a rotting cow? disappear i assume like prize winning cow, but i haven't seen it happen (tried to test in practice/challenges many times and opp never came about) to know for sure, hence the question.

regarding ciri dash, that is awesome. make me wonder why more people don't figure her with johnny and whoever else more like stated above.

Cardzilla;n9309791 said:
can you or someone tell me what it does to a rotting cow? disappear i assume like prize winning cow

Yes, any unit that has its strength reduced to zero gets banished.

Cardzilla;n9309791 said:
regarding ciri dash, that is awesome. make me wonder why more people don't figure her with johnny and whoever else more like stated above.

There are a number of decks that use Ciri: Dash and/or Cerys with Johnny and it's a nice combo. In practice, the result isn't too great because you cannot reliable pull it off with a consistent reward. While it's okay to use the tactic as a bonus, you shouldn't solely rely on it as a win condition.

Lately I've been looking at my opponents graveyard when they use johnny on a card and if you know your cards you can see the tale end of the card they swapped out. 90% it is ciri.

Last edited:
Top Bottom