Is there anyway to counter ambush or more precisely Toruviel?

+
Is there anyway to counter ambush or more precisely Toruviel?

I knew those cards are Toruviel but cannot do anything about it, she immune to everything I have!

Vespuche;n9454161 said:
Yeah lock will work on Toruviel.

But not on Morenn. She will still deal damage.

Since you said silver lock, then Dimeritium lock won't works?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, you can lock Toruviel with silver lock or d-shackles. Nobody really uses dshackles anymore since Golds are now vulnerable and its very rare you need to demote a Gold.

You can also try the badass way: KILL ALL UNITS NEXT TO TORUVIEL!!!

Cyprian Willey also kills ambush cards directly. Doesn't work for morenn right now though, but definitely works on Toruviel.

Zefyris;n9458021 said:
Cyprian Willey also kills ambush cards directly. Doesn't work for morenn right now though, but definitely works on Toruviel.

Never seen this card, guess I have to craft one if I am desperate :D

Actually playing Cyprian is kinda viable perhaps?

50% of my matches are against ST mulligan / ST stammel ( according to my GwentUp statistic ). So if Cyprian would work 50% of the time it's worth it I think? And since ST stammel would use Dol Blathanna Protector then CW could insta kill it which is nice.

But would probably wait until CDPR hotfix CW until playing him since according to his tooltip he should be able to destroy Morhenn ( his deploy ability triggers before the targeted ambush ability trigger ).

Before the trigger, but Morhenn says she triggers before the other card's deploy. So it's anyone's guess which one is actually meant to go first.

Use Radovid armor deck.Since he is a leader,Morrenn doesnt trigger when you play him.Then you can still use a silver lock to safelly disable Toruviel as well.

Just use francesca, mulligan any card to get ciaran problem solved.

If not just move all units ot of toruviel.

How to Counter Ambush Cards?

Hi!

Sorry if I'm talking BS, but the forums seems the best place to ask this: I'm still hanging around the low ranks, since I'm a very casual player, but recently I'm bumping A LOT against ambush decks, and very often it's too frustrating. I've tried to use dimetirium shackes, only to discover that those stupid ambushes can't be locked (at least all I've faced untill this moment).

So... is there a way to effectively have a counter play against these things? Or can I only endure the indignity of facing a card that I can't counter in any way?

By the way, I'm playing most with Niflgaard (and rarely with Monsters)

Thanks a lot!

You should be able to lock ambush units. You can absolutely lock them with silver lock units. I've never used used d-shackles to lock one, but it would be very weird if you can lock them with silver lock units and not d-shackles.

MooshieMooshie;n9507231 said:
You should be able to lock ambush units. You can absolutely lock them with silver lock units. I've never used used d-shackles to lock one, but it would be very weird if you can lock them with silver lock units and not d-shackles.

Now I'm confused, I have 100% certain that I wasn't able to lock Toruviel and Moreen with shackles (happened more than once)

Shackles isn't able to lock the ambushes, it's a known bug. It should be able to target them, but it isn't.

Skryba86;n9507481 said:
Shackles isn't able to lock the ambushes, it's a known bug. It should be able to target them, but it isn't.

Oh, I see. Hope the devs correct this quickly, it's too frustrating face something that has no counterplay.

Thanks for the answer

Top Bottom