How to beat the armor deck.

+

Guest 4021160

How to beat the armor deck.

Please share your ideas on how to beat the armor deck. There's some rules to this thread.
1. Before you post, please specify your leader.
2. Don't post pictures of your deck, just put verbal practices how you beat the deck.
3. Use full card names and describe effects efficient against the mentioned deck.

Guest 4021160

1. Radovid.
a) remember that armor does not stop scorch or merigolds hailstorm and other "ignoring armor" effects.
b) Use Dun Banner Heavy Cavarly offensively on trololo and then lock with Radovid to stop their powerplay.
c) Buffing is tend to be popular in armor decks. Best answer to that is dimeritium bomb, which now affects 5 instead of 3 units. Let them overcomit before using dimeritium bomb.

partci

Forum veteran
I think those topics sweet more into the Tactician's Corner part of the forums. :look:

Leader eredin:
1-wait for your opponent to use shani on trolollo or stannis in round 3 , then use caretaker to steal a dun banner from his graveyard and eat the armour .

2- let him eat the fat armour of a trolollo then use morvudd to lock the dun banner and decrease his strength by half.

3- eskel to kill trollolo after it is resurected by shani ( i am not using this card in my deck though but it is a great counter to NR armour)

Bookmarking this thread and going to check it out regularly. I'm at a loss with my Scoia'tael moving deck (which powered me through from rank 8 to 15, until today when I started getting armor opponents every match). I'll still go over it, though in it's current state it isn't quite enough to beat the armor mechanics, but maybe you guys will have ideas.

Leader: Francesca
Dol Blathanna Marksman (x3)
Dwarven Mercenary (x3)
Vrihedd Brigade (x3)
Braenn (who I can boost up to 8 for 8 damage)
Merigold's Hailstrom
Skellige Storm
Dimeritium Bomb
Geralt: Aard
Zoltan Chivay
Renew
Everything else is up to debate at this point.

So the idea it to break as much armor as possible. My Marksman + Aard can do up 9 damage on 3 cards ( Marksman + Zoltan = 8 Damage on 3 cards ) and I just keep moving high value targets to do 6 damage each. Have a couple Dimeritium Shackles to try and counter Radovid or lock a combo or two, just in case. If I can pull it off I can get the right targets on one row for big damage with Hailstorm / Skellige Storm / Bomb.

The problems I run into are choosing what NR cards to focus... between Keadweni Siege Support / Redanian Knight-Elect / Redanian Elite / Redanian Knight / Temarian Drummer / Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry, there are simply too many versatile combos that outpace the damage I do, and that's not counting their Silvers or Golds. So, I'm going to double down on the damage dealing and see what happens. I'll post my results. Let me know if you guys have any ideas or if your Scoia'tael moving deck has better luck. Good luck until they nerf it :p

Guest 4021160

To me it looks like using zoltan to line up into merigolds hailstorm and/or dimeritium bomb is the best combo against armor there is.

I've been building and testing many decks, including the NR armor archetype ones. From my experience, the best counter against it at this moment is the Nilfgaard Mill deck. I never played it myself, mainly because I don't like the concept and because I find it super annoying for delaying the game so much.

Leader: Emhyr var Emreis
Key cards: Avallac'h, Cahir, Albrich, Assire Var Ahanid, Magne Division

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, seems lot of cotnributions to defeating the armor decks are being made, but none from Skellige so i'll contribute mine:

1. Harald
Just do the typical axemen routine, as i think that damaging armor also boosts the axemen. And more importantly, Harald Leader damage ignores armor, just like that hateful weather card i refuse to spell it's name.

2. Any SK Leader
Just Kambi the hell out of those super buffed NR fools at the end. Careful not to put them on a place he'll get buffed.

Guest 4021160

DRK3;n9495781 said:

2. Any SK Leader
Just Kambi the hell out of those super buffed NR fools at the end. Careful not to put them on a place he'll get buffed.

I pity the fool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on the version, armour with henselt can have tempo issue if they use seige support, just pass knowing they will probably beat you in a long round or kill it off fast. Otherwise high level of control is needed to kerb knight elect. If you can do a 2 pt damage with a strong body, with many faction have, that is just a 6 pt play. Drummer is just a plus 1 per turn, so it take 5 turn to get to 12, which is a good value for a bronze. So try to lose round 1 with a card advantage by out tempo them, hope for a short round 2 and try to heavy counter everything. Eskel and scorch works well vs these decks. Put any weather on seige row unless you plan to hailstorm it.

Leader : All of them

1 - If you have some hard removal in hand (Scorch, Igni, Coral...) wait for your opponent to stack up as many armor as he wants and eat them with the Dun banner. Only then use your card to take care of the fatty. Patience is key in this match up (and is not a vertue I am known to have lol).

2 - Mulligan every damaging effects (Alzur's thunder, Lacerate...) if possible. Those cards has very small value against this deck (except Manticore's venom...this one you can keep lol).

3 - If you're playing weather, be smart on how you use it. For example with Wild hunt frost deck don't play a "blind" hound on the back row turn 1, if your opponent plays Redenian knights he's going to f*&^% you over. Wait for them to play a knight elect (if he/she plays it, obviously) to pull the trigger (that will be the weakest unit on the board and it's gonna take 4 turns before frost finds another target). If you're opponent is not playing knight elect, wait for them to set up their board and frost the back row when Dun banner shows up (a good player will leave the back row clear for the Dun banner so he can avoid Igni). Again...this is all about patience.

4 - If you're playing spies, put them between their key units, this deck plays thunderbolt potion.

5 - Reset effect and hard removal are key in this match up (I mean, another key).
As mentionned earlier, D-bomb is great, the same stands for Witch hunters, Margarita, Morvu...tu...nu.....the new badass Chort that halven a unit's strenght in the Monster deck. The worst part being, someone mentionned him earlier but I just can't find the post again. Well, it doesn't matter, you got my point.

On the side note, am I the only one who think that locking a unit should remove it's armor?
I mean, locking remove every effects and every token, including spy and resilience, it should remove armor as well.

Last edited:
Yeah I wish locking removed armor. Or at least give shackles the armor removing effect to give a little more tech value?

Top Bottom