This week in meta

+
This week in meta

As a new weekly thread, I'd like to start a review of the weekly meta and have other join in with their thoughts and comments. I'll be going over the most popular decks for each faction and see how they are faring.

Basic meta: winning the first round seems to be the new big thing due to the resurgence of nekkers, skellige revive, scoia'tael boost, and the now viable nilfgaard spy deck.

1.monsters: neckers have seen a new rise in play in combo with necker warrior, arachas behemoth, and vran warrior. Adding in in ekimmara means the last two rounds are a tough go. Ultra weather has also seen a new surge, with players trying to out card weather removal.

2.skellige: while slowing down a bit this one was the number one used at the beginning of the week. Players have been comboing multiple revive cards (cerys, olgierd, etc) to lock the last two rounds. Now that players are more aware the extra locks and graveyard removal has slowed this one down. Personally I feel a little tweaking can bring this back into the spotlight.

3.Scoia'tael: this one is the one to watch out for. The idea is to boost the cards in your deck (dol blathanna last round insta-win anyone?) in combination with extreme card removal (I have a jade collectible now, nope manticore venom melted everything yay!). Truly the bane of existence, as the cards are nicely tucked away in the deck while being boosted, and card draw cards are going to happen.

4.Nilfgaard: spy decks have seen a renaissance in the last two days. Players have been scratching their heads on how to make this one work and they've hit the nail on the head. Menno coehoorn and Infiltrator combo is the new scorch, with iris comboing flawlessly with nauzicca brigade. It's so technical you have to know how it works or else its impossible to counter, which will take quite a few losses to learn how to do.

Honorable mention card: Kaambi. Plop this down last round and destroy it when your opponent had one card left, then pick a unit that will nerf his last one or has super high strength and your in for some giggles!

Forgot to add Northern realms, mostly people are theory crafting around the big nerf. At the moment it's same old same old, with dijkstra being the highest used card by far

Top Bottom