x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Deal With Nekkers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Deal With Nekkers

Is there any way to contain this cards,they coming more powerful than gold cards to the last rounds?

Against Nekkers: Deny them with the weaken effect. Mardroeme, Wiley, Peter. If you weaken a nekker by 3 points, it will get deleted/banished from the game because a card can't have 0 strength.

Against Swordmasters you have to deny the point boost as good, as you can. Easy against players without Quen. if they're using Quen... it isn't really easy.

Comment

Gvynblade

Thread moved to Tactician's Corner. I've also edited out the Swordmasters because there is already a thread about it.

Comment

NG Sweers may be the most effective weapon against Nekkers, but you have to be patient and let them use Nekker Warriors first. Good timing us important.

Mardroeme can be useful, but often these decks run Shadow and just play another Nekker.

Others expect that the first Nekker will be killed and don't mind having two Nekkers in their starting hand.

Artefact compression/Coral is useful too.

Comment

I'm going to start running a second lock to deal with them

Comment

Recently I Compressed the first one my opponent put on the board and my opponent forfeited. Apparently no more in hand yet a whole strategy based around the one cherished card. I had to laugh.

Comment

yea is nice to have million nekkers poping out in last round nice work

Comment

Just wana say i can't go thru that nightmare again.please do something about nekkers i cant have 100 locks in 1 deck as they can have nekkers ty

Comment

In addition to direct counters (Mardroeme/Peter, Artefact Compression, lock, Sweers), you can also indirectly counter Nekkers by not allowing your opponent to Consume much. It is often easier to achieve (because more available means to do it) than direct counters.

If it's round 3 Nekkers that are causing you the most trouble, you could always try saving whatever other-than-Sweers direct counter you have for that round (or round 2 in case of locks). Banishing or Compressing a buffed up Nekker is certainly more satisfying than sniping a 3 strength one!
                  Although if your opponents tend to have multiple Nekkers in R3 then it's of course better to nip the problem in the bud.

Comment

I made this for you:

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/34952-the-lockdown

If you have Artifact Compression, run it instead of one of the other silvers, its is great against nekkers, especially if your opponent hands you R1 with a dry pass and only has one in hand R2. If that happens and you have AC, you might just have the game.

Good luck and have fun!
                    Last edited by lemonsplitter; 05-11-17, 22:27.

Comment

I've been having some trouble with nekkers too lately. Even when i used my NG deck with Peter i lost, as now the Nekker players know how easy it is to reset and banish one, so they have tons of backups!

Before, i usually only had to deal with 4-5 Nekkers, so i left it for the end and banished at the end, but on this patch i've had matches where i saw 9-10 Nekkers, didnt really know how to stop that.

Not even my Kambi deck, that is usually my last resort and works against almost everything saved me, as killing those 2 nekkers on board only brought 2 of the same pts, + Hemdall = 40 something points!

Comment

Guess it's time to throw in my 2 cents. When you play against a pure Nekker deck, the opponent usually doesn't commit too many resources in the first round because (s)he wants to use the power of the Nekkers to win. That's why you have to take the first round and then try to go for the 2-0. The opponent might assume you will pass and not take a hand with extra consume. This means (s)he might lack enough power to overtake you. This doesn't work with all decks, but it should at least work with Spies, Swarm and Spell decks.

Comment

Originally posted by lemonsplitter View Post
                          Recently I Compressed the first one my opponent put on the board and my opponent forfeited. Apparently no more in hand yet a whole strategy based around the one cherished card. I had to laugh.
                          I am laughing right now. The kid must be looking for the what-to-do tutorial on youtube. Hands down, man.

Comment

Working...
                          X