Rotfiend card discussion

+

Gość

Rotfiend card discussion

Are they of any use in a consume archetype for you?

K_4-far;n10186202 said:
Are they of any use in a consume archetype for you?

I play it with She-Troll in one of my Consume deck. 9 Power She-Troll, Consume thick, thinning and damage to an entire row . But it's really bad if you have both in hand, because She-Troll can pick Rotfiend or Nekker in this deck, and I don't want Nekker with her. So there is risk. But the surprise-factor is not bad :)

bojerbela;n10186292 said:
I play it with She-Troll in one of my Consume deck. 9 Power She-Troll, Consume thick, thinning and damage to an entire row . But it's really bad if you have both in hand, because She-Troll can pick Rotfiend or Nekker in this deck, and I don't want Nekker with her. So there is risk. But the surprise-factor is not bad :)

Much the same, though my options for She-Troll are a bit broader since i run Dao and Archespore. I use the Rotfiend as a one of I can pull out with She-Troll or Shadow if my opponent bunches up on a row. Worked pretty well.

Gość

I would increase the damage slightly, because it's not a popular card and Rotfiends are quite powerful in the Witcher 3 they can kill Geralt fast so very unlikely of what they are here.

a) Damage increase from 2 to 4 (hit all units in the opposite row as before),
b) Affect extra row, a bit like with White Frost.

This card really needs some attention, either option will do the trick.

K_4-far;n10186442 said:
I would increase the damage slightly, because it's not a popular card and Rotfiends are quite powerful in the Witcher 3 they can kill Geralt fast so very unlikely of what they are here.

I think, both options are too powerful for a bronze unit. Rotfiend is a min. 10 Power card (too weak), but with setup/patience it can be really good...better than some silver.

K_4-far;n10186442 said:

Both suggestions would break Rotfiend in half. Monsters use drowners and Jotunn for row stacking/weather on a regular basis, this makes a 5-unit row very easy to pull off. She-Troll + rotfiend onto that row, with your suggestion, would net a swing of 29; that's Ithlinne levels of crazy, and it's consensus that in the current meta Ithlinne is broken. You can't run three copies of Ithlinne. You can run three copies of rotfiend.

Rotfiend isn't being used because the deathwish archetype was never particularly strong and can't keep up with consume. That's really the only reason. It's otherwise a perfectly decent card. But perfectly decent isn't enough in the current format.

Gość

I am a bit disappointed whenever I get it with my Slave Driver, it's so useless people build their decks certain way so other cards get useless.
Never saw a Monsters player using it anyway.

There's just no home for the fiend right now. That doesn't mean it'll always be that way, but it's in CDPR's hands. It isn't the players' fault that consume is overwhelmingly the best archetype monsters can produce, nor their fault that Wild Hunt is consistently the second strongest (and it should always be at least quite good, given one entire leader is there to support it), and it's not their fault rotfiend has no home there either.

CDPR obviously wants deathwish to be a viable archetype, and I'm sure they'll have another swing at making it happen.

iamthedave;n10202452 said:
the deathwish archetype was never particularly strong

It can be strong. I have a deathwish deck, I made it originally just to fool around with it on casual. Then I realised, it is an unpopular archtype, so people just don't usually know what to expect. Currently I have my best win-ratio with it from all my decks on ranked, though it might really be just because the surprise-factor. Well, I think deathwish on its own is not enough to be good enough, there are just not enough cards for that. But once the gaps filled up with something that can go well with the theme, it works surprisingly well. True, sometimes I have difficulties with it against consume decks, but I did beat them as well on many occasions, and I generally beat wild hunt and moon decks, so I wouldn't say they are superior to deathwish. And I let you know, Rotfiend is one of my key-card in this deck.

I use 3 rot fiend in my monsters deck. I do not run griffins, but i do run Cyclops for the removal. Rotfiend can be pulled off of "shadow/maerolorn" as well as "she-troll of vergen" and "monsters nest". Having a bronze that is 12 pts if it hits only 2 units is really great stat-wise, and it has a pretty high ceiling. I think it's a good card, but only if you have enough triggers.

Top Bottom