'Obese Crones' Deck with 32 points swing finisher (moderate risk, high reward)

+
'Obese Crones' Deck with 32 points swing finisher (moderate risk, high reward)

To put things in one sentence: This deck can reward you with insane finisher with a moderate risk of bad/dead draws.

Link to the deck: https://www.gwentdb.com/decks/42051-amazing-crones
Idea of the deck: to generate up to 26-32 points finisher by dropping a single card. Deck indeed involve moderate amount of risk, but it’s very likely to beat majority of Ciri nova decks and anything else in 1 vs 1 card scenario. So far I’m having 30-8-1 win ratio. The core of the deck is silver crones cards supported by Weavess: Incantation. If Weaves gold card is used twice, 6-6-10 crones set becomes 10-10-12 which provide insane 32 points swing!
To achieve the ‘perfect crones’ or ‘fat/obese crones’ (it does not really matter which name you prefer more), you need to manage to use Weaves twice and to do this you will need to use essential support cards: Renew and Ge’els. It might result in loss of tempo, but it will surprise your opponent later on and likely turn the tides of the game. Hard work pays off, remember that. However it was difficult to select appropriate leader card. I’ve been most successful with Whispering hillock so far. But Dagon should work as well (think about implementing more fog related cards like Woodland Spirit etc).

Card list:
Golds
Weavess: Incantation (essential, strengthens all your relicts and Crones);
Ge’els (essential);
Renew (essential);
Whispess: Tribute (suggested. Can pull monster nest).
Silvers:
Crones set (essential);
Morvud (Hard to exclude as it is best lock);
DUDU (optional, great counter to regain tempo,);
Monster nest (Optional, very flexible card and also can be pulled by Whipess, provide thinning).
Bronzes:
3x Friend (essential, gets benefits from Weaves strengthening ability and normally generates 13-15 points);
3x Werewolf (essential, provides tempo);
1x Barbegazi aka b-guy (optional, might be important to destroy Weaves in order to renew her, also can be used to bleed opponent on round two if you like to be evil).
3x Siren (essential, combo with moonlight, provides deck thinning and counters hazards).
2x Slyzard (essential, you gotta need to pull more Sirens, Werewolves, friends so here comes friendly guy mr.slyzard)
3x moonlight (essential. So why the hell did we put 3x sirens and 3x werewolves?).
Important notes (please, don’t be THAT blind greedy fool and read it):
If you got to go first: if you think your opponent might not have hazards, drop Siren and Moonlight so you can start generating points EARLY. At best case you want to have two Moonlights active so you can passively generate up to 4 points per turn. General tip: place Moonlight on first and third row as it might be more difficult for your opponent to counter it.
Plenty of decks, for example NR and ST can generate insane tempo and it might be difficult to catch up later on. Werewolves and Moonlight combo can provide essential tempo and possible counter to hazards.
Against weather/frost decks: Do not rush to squander your precious moonlight cards. Wait till opponent applies hazard on your units so you can counter them. If you are playing against Eredin, try wait then raider will come up. If you apply moonlight then, their ability will be canceled.
What you should be aware of: Bad draws. You never want to have two or three silver crones in your hand. This is a dead draw. Your match end can be very dead as well. Mulligan crones away at once. Both Whispess and monster nest in your hand: We use Whispess to pull the monster nest. We don’t really want to have monster nest if we already pulled gold Whispess. To put it clear: be aware of Crones, Moonlights and Slyzards.
Rare cases: You might not manage to pull crones, so leave Weavess (or another card to pull her) in your hand for R3 to pull 26-28 points crones. Rare combos: You can use Whispess to pull monster nest to spawn ghoul which can consume a fiend. That works just wonderfully. Dudu is great to counter big units like Tibor, Ciri Nova and so on. Since he’s likely to be strengthened by 2-4 points, he’ll always be bigger compared to your opponent’s unit from which he copy power. You can use him to beat Ciri nova if you know that she’ll be the last card in R3. Barbegazi aka b-guy can be used to consume and renew Weavess so you can generate those nice points pretty quickly.
If anybody have suggestions, notes, ideas, critic or hate... lemme know.

Attachments

• photo194572.jpg
    photo194572.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 110
I'd say Unseen Elder would work better than Dagon, even if the bonus synergy with moonlight isn't likely to be useful at leas t it's there and he's likely to be a stronger play regardless

ETA:
I see 6 cards you'd want to mulligan, but only 5 thinners

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I use a similar deck, but only relies on using Weavess Incantation once, preferably as an opener, then 3 fiends, later on 3 ghouls, and i usually try the 3 crone finisher too.

But i use Unseen Elder (previously i used Arachas Queen), only weather is Woodland Spirit, and most of my silvers and Golds are Relicts so they benefit from the buff.

Top Bottom