Bringing back to life The Wild Hunt - Suggestions for new cards and changes

+
KaynOfNosgoth;n10655971 said:
Well my suggestion for Imlerith standard to destroy a unit under frost would make for a good finisher.And all the other suggestions i made i think would make the WH way more reliable.
I also like your idea for a "create frost" mechanic for hounds.Like you said that would free 3 spots for us and the mulligan won't be as much of a nightmare as it is.

The Caranthir idea's aren't bad at all, I did just try to do somethign fair by mixing other suggestions to each card mentioned on the board until now. Yes, the +3 rider effect is good too. However, if you did notice, I mention reading the rest of conversation to acknowledge all the ideas. The main post it is just a mirror, not the absolute conclusion.

About the frost, what if switching the damage as fog does? That would solve easily all the problems. The only con side, as far as i can see it, it is Iris play. But we have Warriors that can do the job. Right?

EDIT:

P.S. There is an interesting conversation here about the State of the Meta. In particular the Weather Clearing usage and usefulness, and so on. As well Eredin's popularity, and weather decks in general.

Last edited:
KaynOfNosgoth;n10655971 said:
Well my suggestion for Imlerith standard to destroy a unit under frost would make for a good finisher.And all the other suggestions i made i think would make the WH way more reliable.
I also like your idea for a "create frost" mechanic for hounds.Like you said that would free 3 spots for us and the mulligan won't be as much of a nightmare as it is.

No it wouldn't. What if the enemy finisher isn't one big creature? What if it isn't under frost? A lot of endgame plays these days are split over multiple bodies. What if there's not enough frost on the board? A finisher isn't a conditionally good card, it's the thing your deck is aiming for every time. WH NEEDS a 20+ point play to look at and say 'that's mah boi'. Whether it's multiple unit summoning synergies or a single beefy gold unit, Iris isn't good enough. Sure, Iris into frost into caretaker into Iris is a damn powerful effect. But its also very interruptible, due to WH actually not playing a lot of creatures, so removal can shave points off of Iris quite easily. It's telling that the WH decks are splitting for both Iristaker and Ciri: Nova.

I played control eredin without iris, with warriors and was good before midwinter patch.
the problem is now the braindead create 1point cards that can spawn 3weather clears and that 1point body also block frost.

iamthedave;n10662711 said:
No it wouldn't. What if the enemy finisher isn't one big creature? What if it isn't under frost? A lot of endgame plays these days are split over multiple bodies. What if there's not enough frost on the board? A finisher isn't a conditionally good card, it's the thing your deck is aiming for every time. WH NEEDS a 20+ point play to look at and say 'that's mah boi'. Whether it's multiple unit summoning synergies or a single beefy gold unit, Iris isn't good enough. Sure, Iris into frost into caretaker into Iris is a damn powerful effect. But its also very interruptible, due to WH actually not playing a lot of creatures, so removal can shave points off of Iris quite easily. It's telling that the WH decks are splitting for both Iristaker and Ciri: Nova.

Since cards like Ciri:nova takes a whole deck to be built around it,i don't think a card like that that only takes a frost on that row is so unreasonable.I'm guessing you were reffering to cards like that when you made the post.

I think Dave mean to say, indirectly, also that there are already enough WH cards depending on Frost for their efficiency. It is always the same old story. if u lose frost you are done. In fact one of the reasons for why IMlerith vanilla sucks, is also one of those.

That's why this deck rely on iris a lot a so-called " finisher" (indirectly).

Hellsmoke77;n10644171 said:
I love the Wild Hunt but I don't see myself playing them until these things get addressed, if they ever do get addressed. Don't have many good ideas because I really don't think they will fix it or even agree that it's broken but some of the suggestions by others above sound good.

It is official! Reworks and new cards are in progress for The Wild Hunt.

As for how Burza CDPR answered to the question

Simple Question - When start buff Wild Hunt?
Answer soon dont satisfaction me..
Burza Answer: When we add faction identity and add more cards to this archetype, the problem right now is that there are not enough Wild Hunt units.

Source at AMA event page 3

I think its important to remove braindead create cards from ranked.
Burza said create will be restricted, i hope that means no more braindead elven scouts into weather clear or isengrim into ida.
:bored:

Pruny;n10672421 said:
I think its important to remove braindead create cards from ranked.
Burza said create will be restricted, i hope that means no more braindead elven scouts into weather clear or isengrim into ida.
:bored:

If i got it right, some create cards will be reworked and others restricted to Arena. But the great news to me remains the WH deck considerations :) There is going to be an expansion of the game soon. And something in April. Let's see :)

Hmm, what I've recently been thinking about the Wild Hunt is if we get a new card that has the hound's ability and hound becomes a spawned token, spawned by certain Wild Hunt characters and units. This used to be the way in the Closed Beta when hounds were spawned by Caranthir for example. They would trigger Nithral (Wild Hunt Mangonel :p ) multiple times this way.

Unfortunately Burza said they are not returning to how things were, so that's not happening. But it's just a thought which would have been cool.

*EDIT* also hello again lc3Purple :) I enjoyed our match the other day :D Well played

ser2440;n10676081 said:
Hmm, what I've recently been thinking about the Wild Hunt is if we get a new card that has the hound's ability and hound becomes a spawned token, spawned by certain Wild Hunt characters and units. This used to be the way in the Closed Beta when hounds were spawned by Caranthir for example. They would trigger Nithral (Wild Hunt Mangonel :p ) multiple times this way.

Unfortunately Burza said they are not returning to how things were, so that's not happening. But it's just a thought which would have been cool.

*EDIT* also hello again lc3Purple :) I enjoyed our match the other day :D Well played

Hi there! Really? I didn't notice it was you! Thanks anyway :)

About the hounds. I would just remove the frost bronze and change the hounds ability into SPAWN, frost. The reasons are not just because of the less stressing mulligan, but to give a spot in the deck to WH Warriors and Ships or anything else. Yet, it is a trade-off for deck thinning...

It is just that... When I look at ST and SK, they have the best thinning mechanics so far, more unlikely to have bricked hands comapred to the rest.

However, It is not a matter of only WH deck, but Monster is the TOP faction of BRICKED hands. Is it not?
  • Moonlighs and sirens,
  • Harpy and Celano Harpy,
  • Dead Whispess Tribute with parasite, mandrake, monster nest, Arachas Behemoths in hand...
  • Hounds and frost,
  • Dead Navigators as no card for it on the board
  • Dao in hands and no Griffins... or achespores...
  • Fog engines and the foglets that keep popping up in the mulligan breaking the hand...
And the list could go on and on...

A typical scenario, R1 first draw, 3 moonlight 2 foglets, 2 ghouls! U mulligan away the 3 moon, and still end up with 4 dead cards. Yeah! I'm gonna win this one fore sure!

To mention, I just discovered "BUG" with woodland spirit. Played on a row almost full (but had no choice), the foglet, instead of finding another place on the board, stayed on the deck. But the wrost part, it ended up at the top of my deck. After playing Frightener, guess what came in my hand?

At this point, I'd preferred he went in graveyard lol. I don't know if it is intended this way, however, it sucks big time.

Last edited:
Yeah it's ok :) I have a pretty random name xD you played Foltest and I used Reveal with Leo Bonhart and Letho with Nilf. Gate, Vrygheff and ceallach :p

I had an idea about this some time ago. To make it "if there are no frost cards in your starting deck, spawn frost" to avoid abuse of hazards (since otherwise you'll have up to 10 rows of frost :eek: on the other hand including so many hazards is usually counter intuitive. But graveyard interactions could steal your hounds. I don't know)

To be fair I usually keep the moon cards unless I have Sirens. There is an extra point to sirens and that's giving you better access to moonlight, if you don't have one you might have the other. Since you draw fewer cards later on, it's statistically easier to blacklist bricked sirens. But I agree, the mulligan can be really messed up in monster decks. However, nothing beats Reveal's mulligans imo :p

It's also happpened to me. I had played 2 hounds and all of my longships at the end of a long round 1 and Frightener drew me a biting frost in a really short round 3 :( as to the bug you are describing, I messaged support about it because I thought it could at least be summoned to another row, but it is as designed. My guess is the foglet was always up and Frightener screwed you over by drawing it. Double bad luck :(

ser2440;n10677171 said:
. But I agree, the mulligan can be really messed up in monster decks. However, nothing beats Reveal's mulligans imo :p

It's also happpened to me. I had played 2 hounds and all of my longships at the end of a long round 1 and Frightener drew me a biting frost in a really short round 3 :( as to the bug you are describing, I messaged support about it because I thought it could at least be summoned to another row, but it is as designed. My guess is the foglet was always up and Frightener screwed you over by drawing it. Double bad luck :(

Indeed, and that's how u lose a game. Very often, a single dead card can cost you the final outcome.

Last edited:
As mentioned in the recent updates from Burza, April won't bring any card expansion or update to existing archetypes, I tought of continuing looking for changes and new possible cards for The Wild Hunt.

In this case not only to the WH, but it could be an interesting change for the Moonlight too.

Card Changes

Wild Hunt Hound - Change it from Construct to Beast - This would open new possibilities of card choice in the various deck's combinations like consume and moonlight for example.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Top Bottom