Why "Monsters" have the WORST silver spy??

+
Why "Monsters" have the WORST silver spy??

I REALLY prefer to draw two cards and pick one... than "Move an enemy to this unit's row and draw a card"

I know monsters use lot of weathers...but c'mon... is not that useful move an unit than choose between two cards!

That day they are mistaken to give Iorverth meditation design to ST! Frightener would get a really good value combined with such gold card. Unfortunately, it only optimises weather decks besides countering enemy spies.

Last edited:
zevashtyan;n10684351 said:
I REALLY prefer to draw two cards and pick one... than "Move an enemy to this unit's row and draw a card"

I know monsters use lot of weathers...but c'mon... is not that useful move an unit than choose between two cards!

very useful in a monster movement deck. idea is force rowstack on p2 while nail them with a multitude of rotfiends, sometimes doing so while setting up carryover.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, doesnt Monsters have what is usually considered the best silver lock? Seems fair they get the worst spy, to balance it out.

DRK3;n10689641 said:
Well, doesnt Monsters have what is usually considered the best silver lock? Seems fair they get the worst spy, to balance it out.

The issue with monster Frightener is that it was designed mainly to combo with the weather decks. That's why Dagon, even tough it is not that good, still finds a high popularity, while Eredin was murdered.

ST lock is as good as monster, coz it align a target for schorch/schirru or igni which are auto-included in most ST decks

Last edited:
I find this card very good in my blood moon deck though.

Basicly makes it a 9 point swing which leads to much more moments were you can reliably play it.

Especially because I got also those cats who target units in bloodmoon for follow up

Last edited:
SoSaHer;n10764061 said:
I find this card very good in my blood moon deck though.

Basicly makes it a 9 point swing which leads to much more moments were you can reliably play it.

Especially because I got also those cats who target units in bloodmoon for follow up

If Blood Moon ever works as a deck archetype (hard while first light exists), frightener will be a key component for that very reason.

SoSaHer;n10781341 said:
It allready works quite nicely.

I run a decks which looks similar to this one;
https://www.gwentdb.com/decks/46339-bloodmoon-rank-20

I`m currently playing it at rank 19 with like 50-55% winrate. It isn`t as bad as many think ;)

19 is nothing. If you can get to 21 and still maintain that winrate (highly unlikely looking at the meta report) then it's got legs.

As Blood Moon is my favourite archetype I'd love to be wrong, but it currently falls off pretty nastily.

iamthedave;n10781681 said:
19 is nothing. If you can get to 21 and still maintain that winrate (highly unlikely looking at the meta report) then it's got legs.

As Blood Moon is my favourite archetype I'd love to be wrong, but it currently falls off pretty nastily.

So true. Going from rank 20 to 21 is harder than going from rank 1 to 20. My wins are almost double my losses with Harald, but you just get so punished for every loss in the top tier.

ser2440;n10781981 said:
So true. Going from rank 20 to 21 is harder than going from rank 1 to 20. My wins are almost double my losses with Harald, but you just get so punished for every loss in the top tier.

That and T1 players know how to play around a lot of things many players down and/or have tech in their decks to deal with occasional surprises.

All the factions card advantage spies need a rework in general, but I'd say I agree in the current meta only moving and drawing 1 card is not great. especially compared to the best spy yaevinn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom