x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soo Monsters are terrible now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we still talking about Monster decks? Or Gwent tournaments? Or pro players?

Topic of this thread is the first one.

Comment

I got to rank 19 playing a moonlight deck. Really, I'm surprised more people aren't playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlunderMan View Post
        I got to rank 19 playing a moonlight deck. Really, I'm surprised more people aren't playing it.
        This season almost none. If you meet monster a few times, it's always Deathwish. I got up to R20 past season with Moonlight, but this one couldn't get above 18. So I switched to consume 2 days ago, and finally got R20 with a decent win rate. But above 3900 mmr, I met decks that run too many hard removals... I'm thinking of tweaking it a bit but I don't have good feelings it is going to improve that much.

Even though on paper and ranks Deathwish is the aechetype of this seasons for monsters, I just don't like it. it's boring, and so I stick with what's my preferences rather convenience.
        Last edited by Ic3Purple; 21-03-18, 03:57.

Comment

I'm a relatively new player but I've won more often with my monster deck than any others I have. So either they're not that bad or I'm just terrible at deck building, both have a good chance of being true

Comment

Monster is the weakest faction. I started playing Gwent with Monster weather deck. I comfortably won and got around 2600-2700 mmr points. But beyond that, it was just impossible to progress. I briefly tried consume/deathwish decks (I was and am still a noob and may be missing something), Eredin Biting Forest deck, but was just beaten by anyone and everyone. I switched to ST (with Franchessa) and I could progress, of course with difficulty, now I am at 3100 points. Even now, I hardly get any Monster opponents and if I get one, most of the times I win.

Comment

odd, I just faced 3 in a row.... all different. and got curb stomped by 2 of them at rank 19 (that's 3600-3900)
              the decks were Speed Consume, Deathwish, and Fog.

Comment

Bloodmoon isn`t that bad. Especially the offensive version

I still play it with arround 55%winrate above the 4k mmr level. (currently top 2k players in ranked).

The main reason however is that the deck is a bit anti-meta, which makes it shine. Same with my eridin frost deck, which works very good nowadays as well.

Comment

It's way harder ton climb with monsters than any other faction. W.A.Y. more.

It is not impossible if you have good low T1 deck (there is no high T1 deck), be it moonlight, or consume and that you play BETTER and have more LUCK than your opponent but it will be very painfull and you won't be able to get to rank 20.

19 will be most likely the top you can get...

So yeah that's not a surprise that only 2 out of 5 pros have a Monster Deck, when 5 out of 5 have a ST deck, Northern Realm, Skellidge decks...

Monster needs a CONSISTENT boost both of leaders and cards, NT needs a consistent nerf of some cards and leaders, Skellidge needs a nerf odf some fex cards, same goes for northen realms machines.

Comment

I would be curious to see how much ST is played more than ANY other faction in rank 18/20, it's like 75% of the decks mostly handbuffs, then it's Nilfgaard Alchemy, Skellidge Longswords, a bit of Northern realm Sieges and monsters I never see (maybe one in 20 match).

Comment

Originally posted by SoSaHer View Post
                      Bloodmoon isn`t that bad. Especially the offensive version

I still play it with arround 55%winrate above the 4k mmr level. (currently top 2k players in ranked).

The main reason however is that the deck is a bit anti-meta, which makes it shine. Same with my eridin frost deck, which works very good nowadays as well.
                      I cant play Eredin anymore because my nerves cant handle braindead create weather clears. and these 1point units also block frost value.
                      I made a Dagon Ancient foglets deck to have fun in casual, it has potential with bridge trolls.

Comment

Working...
                      X