Monster Deck Strategies

+
Monster weather cards deck is quite strong.I've seen someone use it quite effectively even stacking merigolds frostrain with the tremmors for easy clears.Woodland spirit with his foglets and The wildhunt guy who also summons together with wild hunt riders and the 4 point units.Add some really heavy cards[geralt,frost giant] and keep your ereding on you,with ghoul/vampire and your good to go,if you lack cards go the breedable way.Scorch is ofcourse mandatory with thunderbolt,personally i dont use swallow potion.If u grab more special cards you can also get the epic which gets power per card,ive seen a guy up it to 33 and grind me to dust with it.I honestly love how the decks are so lore-compatible[like the wild hunt together has its own row,and the woodland spirit with its thing,or how Skellige has atleast 2 factions with the successors to the throne factions being what i noticed[the daughter/son].

P.S. Sorry for not using parantheses properly i have a few broken buttons on my keyboard.

I have almost finished a monster weather deck, i would love your opinion.
http://www.gwentdb.com/deckbuilder/4...4:2;50039:4:1;
I switched out scorch for epidemic mainly because most of the times it ends up being a dead card in my hand, since my units are usually stronger than the opponent's. The ones that i need to remove, i do it simply with weather+wild hunt warriors or tremors, making scorch look like a waste. I plan to switch out epidemic for the last wish once i craft it.
I also run Nithral because he synergizes well with all the wild hunt units and since i don't run the Geralt/Eredin opener anymore, i feel like he is a good opener and a scorch bait in favor of Sarah and the ice giant.

weather card, weather card and more weather card. 8/10 players playing monster deck after 60 lvl. and wins are really easy. I think this deck needs a nerf.

sorry for language.

Does anyone knows if the blue potion (forgot the name, but it's the spell card that gives 4 attack to all copies of a card) works on the Crones? Given that they are not technically copies, but they work as the Arakas as 1 brings the other 2.

Sunsibar;n6879270 said:
I made two monster decks, one breeding and one weather.

Breeding monsters are superfun, but very vulnerable. I still like to use that deck more than NR or elves though. It's just so fun! FUN! Specially when you get two nest cards and if your opponent can't destroy your little helpers.

Monster weather deck is my favorite if I need to win. All kinds of weather in there. Sadly it isn't a 100% win, but it's quite flexible with different opponents.

Maybe I should also made one deck which combines these two... Ah, monsters, I love that deck!

I deffinitely concur breeding is quite easily countered since breedable units are usually the weakest on the battlefield they are susceptible to epidemic, tremor, manticore poison and even laccerate can be pretty painful but in fact it is another reason why I play breeding strat... building great numbers and then watching them all go to waste because of one card is hillarious:surprise:. I just think there are too many cards which are capable of that IMHO it would be great if some breedable units were immune to some of aforementioned cards for example arachas could be immune to manticore poison (they are poisonous themselves aren't they?).

No Title

I really love my Monster swarm deck, but I feel it's being countered by way too many cards, such as:
Manticore Venom
Weather
Scorch
Pestilence
Lacerate
Tremors
Dimeritium Bomb
Geralt:Igni/Draug/Phillipa

So, any advice on how to protect my minions? And should I craft some other cards, since I have 1100 spare materials thanks to the generous patch?

Attachments

• photo79740.jpg
    photo79740.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 95
I have that same problem. Really fun deck to play but it can be countered so easily. I use that deck only randomly nowadays. Few breedables beated me though because I started to use another deck and forgot to put Lacerates in it. My two Thunder cards didn't stand a chance to that Monster deck :D I guess Commander's Horn and perfectly timed potions could do the trick, but I need to do more experiments at some point. Ge'els could probably help too. I got that card from the keb but haven't played much with that deck afterwards. So many deck variations to experiment with...

Sunsibar;n7006940 said:
Ge'els could probably help too. I got that card from the keb but haven't played much with that deck afterwards. So many deck variations to experiment with...

How I use Ge'els is I buff Woodland Spirit's Wolves (3x1 Power), Gaunter's Shadows (3x1 Power), or Golems that spawn after they're removed (2x1 Power). You can further Breed the Wolves or the Golems, but not the Shadows. Also, you can play a weather card on your monster's who are not immune, and then buff with Ge'els.

However, it's all very risky. You'd have to place them without risk of Lacerate, or Tremor, and then buff them hoping there's no Scorch/Igni/Borch

Got Draug recently, and I've been experimenting with a Monster control build, Draug, Frightener, lot so specials for damage control. Ghouls and griffins for GY control. Anybody else try this? What experience have you had? I've been trying to balance between "things I have to kill now" (Hawker Support, Axemen, etc) and things I can wound to bring them into Draug range; but that balance is not easy so far. Only had a handful of games to test it yet (though Ghoul/Griffin has gotten two Skellige forfeits already).

Has anyone tried to use weather monsters without Foglets in high levels? How do you face the lack of card advantage?

Mkushrom;n7046240 said:
Has anyone tried to use weather monsters without Foglets in high levels? How do you face the lack of card advantage?
Your card advantage comes from watching your units stay on the field, while the other Monster deck keeps the Foglet and loses the Foglet lol

NoahFence;n7048630 said:
Your card advantage comes from watching your units stay on the field, while the other Monster deck keeps the Foglet and loses the Foglet lol
I was talking about card advantage in hand, not board advantage. Monsters are great at board advantage but on the other hand they have no ways to draw extra cards so the opponent might just get more cards in hand and keep the weather counters for the last round since you'll have finished before and won't be able to answer.

We only have Avallac'h and Ciri for countering card advantage but my golden spots are pretty much full by Caretaker, Woodland Spirit, Carathir and Igni

Treamayne;n7060680 said:
There's Giant Toad as well as a last turn LastWell, Giant Toad and The Last Wish helps you digging for answers but they don't give you card advantage. The main problem for Monsters is that you need to place the weather after the opponent has used DB or Clear Skies so uf you don't finish the last turn you lose Wish for fishing out answers, if needed.

Well, Giant Toad and The Last Wish helps you digging for answers but they don't give you card advantage. The main problem for Monsters is that you need to place the weather after the opponent has used DB or Clear Skies so uf you don't finish the last turn you lose

My apologies, when you said countering card advantage, I didn't realize you meant gaining card advantage. In countering Card Advantage, Last wish stalls a turn (like using Francesca's ability) letting the opponent build while you dig, giving you more options with what you have drawn. Similarly, when possible, I have Giant Toad eat Olgierd in round 1 (and pass) getting me an 11 STR silver to take into round 2, Olgierd comes back as well, and I drew a card. Neither might be raw card advantage, but they both help monster decks "deal" with card advantage when used well.

Has anyone used Decoy in Monster Weather? I'm thinking about adding it to fight Scoia decks, but it doesn't seems to have any synergy with monsters (apart from maybe WHWarriors in some cases, but it's kind of meh)

Top Bottom