Death-Wish Archetype

+
Death-Wish Archetype

As I haven't seen any thread about the Death-Wish Archetype yet, I'd like to ask, how viable is this archetype currently?

In the last 2 new patches they received a lot of cards, even their own silver. So I wanted to try them out, after I paused the last two weeks, because I was too bored by my old deck.
And to my surprise, so far it works great. I'm still really low on ladder and just reached 2000, because I didn't play ladder since the season started, but I have an approximat win ratio of 80%.
I guess most of it is due to the low ranking, but I also faced some supposedly top decks, like spell'atel or Discard and did pretty well against them.
So, from my expectation I'd say that the archetype might not be top tier, but at least second row. So, I'm a bit surpirsed that I haven't seen any complaints about it in any direction. And the community manages to complain about nearly everything.

Does nobody play this archetype, or is it just much worse than I expect currently, or is it just so average, that noone talks about it?
What are your experiences with or against it?

FG15-ISH7EG;n9851801 said:
As I haven't seen any thread about the Death-Wish Archetype yet, I'd like to ask, how viable is this archetype currently?

There is one pre-patch: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...-specificities

Does nobody play this archetype, or is it just much worse than I expect currently, or is it just so average, that noone talks about it?
What are your experiences with or against it?

Deathwish isn't really popular, but it still has potential. Swim played it once:

And to my surprise, so far it works great. I'm still really low on ladder and just reached 2000, because I didn't play ladder since the season started, but I have an approximat win ratio of 80%.

Could you please link your list? I´ve created two of them but none are working. These are the ones I am trying out:

Rotfiend
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/35513-f132-e1dw

Archespore
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/35568-sdfbvsb6febjkb

On the Archespore, I try a trick with Iris. If you have played Iris, don´t kill her and have carryover units onto next round, they will be buffed by Iris. This means you can go two or even three cards down to win R1 if you played Iris and have two eggs and one Earth Elemental, for example. Sounds good, neh? But I can´t make it work

Last edited:
I am rank 17 and use a death wish deck. Griffin with earth elemental or rotfiend can give 13 PTS plus. Slyzard is just amazing. She troll a rot fiend with say 5 enemy is 18 PTS, monster nest a ghoul to eat a strengthened Cyclops is 17. I just need a bit of movement to make this amazing. I am trying to mix in more weather and drowners but can't quite get it right. Need to save up for an aard and see if that helps

Biggest issue I have is that Rotfiend is a predictable lacerate. To guarantee good rotfiend value, I need to some sort of row control, and if I'm running drowners or weather, why don't I just run Eredin Wild Hunt with lacerate and merrigolds?

Cyclops is a great concept, but what am I guaranteed to throw a 17 point nekker into to make it efficient? Why don't I just consume the nekker? You want me to throw away my archespore instead? Maybe trigger it with my griffin?

I just couldn't make it come together, and consume is better for nekkers.

Cyclops is good with rotfiend. You can remove a key opponent unit from the board , damage an entire row (even if it has 2 or 3 units only) and strenghten the cyclops by 3.
rotfiend is good with she troll.

I'm closing in on rank 18 with a deathwish deck. Cyclops + Rotfiend is one of the best bronze combos in the game right now.

BlunderMan;n10015271 said:
I'm closing in on rank 18 with a deathwish deck. Cyclops + Rotfiend is one of the best bronze combos in the game right now.

Do you have a deck list?
I'm playing Eredin Frost now, and I still have some problem 'getting' deathwish ...

Top Bottom