Spotter + Geralt doesn't work?

+
Spotter + Geralt doesn't work?

I've Revealed my Geralt (the 15 power one) and tried to use Spotters on him, but the game did not allow to choose Geralt.
Is this a bug, or what's the reason not to allow this?
I've revealed him in turn 1 and played the Spotters in turn 3. maybe that caused the mixup?

If I may, is it crazy to think it's a bug rather than an inconsistent description?
I mean, as 4RM3D mentioned in the topic he's linking, they usually mention when a card affect specific colors. Plus, nerfing Spotters seems very odd to me, it was probably one of the worst unit in reaveal before the patch I don't think nerfing it would help and I hardly imagine CDPR doing that kind of random change.

I may be wrong though but if so, I'm really curious about the resoning behind this change.

It's not a bug, I remember reading the change in the patch notes somewhere, perfect as intended, but description never changed.

What you can do though is making sure you got the best, most strengthed bronze unit in hand.

It happens to be a 22 strenght imperial griffin, or a 21 strength nilfgaardian knight.

To get it to that strenght and back in your hand you do need peter, vesimer/mandrake, bonhart.

You also really need emhyr as leader to be able to pick the card back up.

Risky strategy, but fun.

SoSaHer;n10122282 said:
What you can do though is making sure you got the best, most strengthed bronze unit in hand.

It happens to be a 22 strenght imperial griffin, or a 21 strength nilfgaardian knight.

To get it to that strenght and back in your hand you do need peter, vesimer/mandrake, bonhart.

Risky strategy, but fun.

Rank 19 this season playing this deck exclusively. In most matchups you dont want to buff the griffin or knight to 22/21 (I also run Assire Var Anahid which is a perfectly viable target in a pinch for only a loss of 1 point). Ususally you are better off waiting to get a massive reduction against the opponent or it is a bad idea to wait two turns to setup the combo.

Would honestly be a top tier deck if the meta was different... Slave Driver -> Spotter from your opponent is just lame after you spent so much time setting it up for them to leech off of. Slave Driver is still OP after its "nerf" of 1 whole point of damage. Lots of people are playing Eithne "pile of shit cards with a bunch of scorch, mandrake and artefact compression". That matchup is still winnable but not great... Part of the reason I run Assire Var Anahid to shuffle back mandrake/scorch so they cant use it twice. What a boring deck though, people really do pick the most boring stuff to play.

Eithne control spam is like the malignant growth of the Gwent competitive community

Last edited:
SoSaHer;n10122282 said:

Risky strategy, but fun.

Was actually thinking about that, Strengthen a high Atk bronze, take it back and use Spotter on it but- it takes too much effort and need to be constantly lucky with your hand to pull it off consistently. Instead decided to make:

Morvran Voorhis to reveal Nilfgaardian Knight and use Spotter on it. x2 of those Round 1 most people let me take it, probably thinking I just wasted good cards. But oh no i got Vicovaro Novice who will take out Ointment from my deck and bring back Spotter which ends up with 2+17 and two bodies on the field to make good use of Iris von Everec. Ended up being a really good anti-combo deck. Keeping all bronze to x2 also gives way for Ciri: Nova for those decisive 3rd rounds.

Top Bottom