Can't win anymore with NG

+
mfool123;n9270121 said:
IDK NG is a weird faction because based on the cards the faction has it should perform better then it does. NG literately have some of the strongest faction based silver cards in the game as well as some amazing (and completely pointless gold cards). A great NG deck needs to be focused around their silver cards because they definitely lack in the bronze department ATM. The faction is also somewhat easily countered by every other factions. Someone just needs to come up with a new idea for a NG deck and they will make a come back. The milling NG strategy was a good attempt at a new idea, but it's way to unreliable to be a true competitive deck.

I agree with you. NG has strong gold cards, strong (quite OP) silver cards but has a huge lack of tempo because of the shit bronze cards. You can play pikesmen and golem as tempo but it's still low. Imperial brigade or spotter in a spy or reveal deck are strong but very easy to counter. If only they hadn't nerfed Calveit power...

devivre;n9270071 said:
Depending on how many Spy cards you use, Menno C. might be worth considering. However if you draw him a late and/or with no spy cards left, he can suck.

Letho + D-Bomb is fine - question is what you want to replace. If you want to replace Gigni, it might be worth considering this combo. Sometimes it's better, sometimes a bit worse but it gives you more options.

As for Spotters and similar cards: I like using Regis Higher Vampire against these cards, although it's not that popular these days.

If however you tend to thin your deck a lot and risk running out of cards, there's nothing wrong with Ciri Dash.

Thanks for the advice. I am using quite a lot of spies, but mostly in the first round and remove them with Rot Tossers and Nauzicaa Brigade.
I might actually try replacing Gigni with Letho + D-Bomb, since Gigni can be really useless sometimes in round 3 and Letho has the advantage in defence. So I might try replacing Peter with D-Bomb.

mfool123;n9270121 said:
IDK NG is a weird faction because based on the cards the faction has it should perform better then it does. NG literately have some of the strongest faction based silver cards in the game as well as some amazing (and completely pointless gold cards). A great NG deck needs to be focused around their silver cards because they definitely lack in the bronze department ATM. The faction is also somewhat easily countered by every other factions. Someone just needs to come up with a new idea for a NG deck and they will make a come back. The milling NG strategy was a good attempt at a new idea, but it's way to unreliable to be a true competitive deck.

Also agree with you. Especially the silver spots are really tightly packed. I almost do not want to change my core of Peter, Auckes, Cantarella, Joachim, Assire + Roach. I think, the thing with most golds in Nilfgaard is that they are very situational and need a good deck to work with + proper sequencing. At least on paper, I think that the Nilfgaard control decks with Villen look quite good, but haven't seen one played, yet.
Depending on the tempro play, if you manage to set your spies and Impera Brigade up properly, it can be quite good. But it does not always go well and makes you really vulnerable

Last edited:
Erlembald;n9271881 said:
So I might try replacing Peter with D-Bomb.

Peter is usually a card you should keep - but if you really replace him, make sure you have Mardroeme in your deck :)

devivre;n9272101 said:
Peter is usually a card you should keep - but if you really replace him, make sure you have Mardroeme in your deck :)

Important advice. Thanks again. Nonetheless, I struggle to make the deck work, after I replaced Roach and Gigni with Letho + D-Bomb - which seems to work better for me now. After all, I have negative win rates vs. Monsters and NR, which might also be the result of some bad mulligan and coin flip, but the Reaver Hunters and the lack of points in round 3 remain a huge problem for me.

I don't have much to add to this topic but i saw some convos about using roach in a nilfgaard deck and that's such a waste. I'm currently playing competitively between 4100-4250 MMR and in ranked matches I literally will play against a NG deck 5% of the time or 1 time outta 20 matches. So they definitely need some love.

Last edited:
Dont know if OP is still interested in this thread. So im just gonna share my experience.

Calveit Control Dash and Emhyr Mill can get you up to 4.5k mmr. Provided you know how to play it. It's not an auto-pilot Dagon\Consume bullshit.

NG decks are strong when u mill ur opponent and ur an experienced player. but easily one of hardest factions to play.

Top Bottom