Anomally high (at least I think so) high win rate in the mirror matches.

+
Anomally high (at least I think so) high win rate in the mirror matches.

After the patch I switched to NG Reveal from ST mulligan and kinda climbed the ladder rather quick. Before the patch I struggled around 2000 MMR unable to climb any further with my ST decks and now I at 3800 within the three days. But the thread is not about bragging (it is nothing really impressive I understand it) but my rather abnormal results against other Nilfgaard in the ladder. It is mostly Reveal too but I win vast majority of the matches against them and do not understand why.

So it is my deck: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/25254-standard-reveal-with-leo-and-vilgefortz

And this is game stats with that deck for the last few days:
gwentstats.jpg

And I have no clue why win-rate is skewed so much in mirrors. The only notable difference that I see is that most of my opponents run Letho/D-bomb package and sometimes Serrit and I don't. Many run two or even three mangonels too. I can only assume that more than one mangonel and Letho are bad in mirror but maybe good in other matchups as I really struggle both against Dagon Weather and Consume monsters (the result more or less entirely dependent on me having a card advantage to snipe a Grave hag) and both variants of control NR decks (Foltest and Radovid).

Do other NG players have similar skewed results in ranked?

You use 3 alchemists, whereas most reveal decks run nilfgaardian knight instead(at least in my experience). You can reveal your opponents entire hand, blocking their reveals.
You use Peter, letting you reset their spotters, which is especially huge in a mirror match where spotters get up to 30 strength.
Also due to the rank change, a lot of worse players reached higher ranks, increasing your chances of winning in a totally even deck match up.

What do you need decoy for in this deck? You rarely need auckes twice, and the other deploy are not strong enough to use decoy on. The only thing i could see is double peter in round 3 against spotters etc, but that's not gonna happen reliably.

Last edited:
Firekangaroo;n9116350 said:
You use 3 alchemists, whereas most reveal decks run nilfgaardian knight instead(at least in my experience). You can reveal your opponents entire hand, blocking their reveals.
It is quite opposite in fact. In most NG match ups I end with my hand entirely revealed and opponent have some hidden cards still.

You use Peter, letting you reset their spotters, which is especially huge in a mirror match where spotters get up to 30 strength.
Most NG decks run Peter for what I know. Guy is simply too good.

Also due to the rank change, a lot of worse players reached higher ranks, increasing your chances of winning in a totally even deck match up.
Yeah, it is a good explanation but it still means that bad players for some reason prefer NG as my results against other decks are not that high. The fact that there is way less NG in the 3700+ MMR than it was previously kinda fits into this theory too.

What do you need decoy for in this deck? You rarely need auckes twice, and the other deploy are not strong enough to use decoy on. The only thing i could see is double peter in round 3 against spotters etc, but that's not gonna happen reliably.
Decoy is kinda useful here. Four-lock combo with Auckes awesome against monsters. You can lock Behemoths, Vrans, Ekimaras and Nekkers depending on the situation. Or even Harpy eggs if there is nothing better. Kinda wrecks their carry over. But again, my stats agains Monsters isn't great so maybe it is suboptimal but it feels useful.

You can also use it to reset Mangonel if it was locked or prolong its life inside weather by that. Peter is obvious target. Few times I used it to reset other heavily damaged units or to break Scorch/igni targets. It is very flexible card. There are so many reset targets in the game now. Oh, and sending back opponent spies is great too.

Also I do not see good replacement. D-bomb do not look great. Most of the time my opponents fail to use it against me for a great effect so I do not like the card. I yet to have a match in which I wished to have a D-bomb in hand.

Previously I ran Serrit instead of Albricht and he also failed to impress me. My spotters were hit by Serrit quite a few times and it never was a winning play for my opponent. So what is a good replacement for a Decoy here?

I just feel like Reveal NG is so good, that it even beats itself. lol
My favorite match to date was a mirror match where we threw down all three Mangonels and just let them go ham on EVERYTHING! It was fun to watch especially when we both had a revealed Auckes and rather let the Mangonels settle the round. Only sucked because he got disconnected in round 2, so I didn't even enjoy the win....:(

Top Bottom