Anti Enforcer/Infiltrator deck

+
Well, I just published this one and have tested it against a version of that NG archetype and won. I even forced out their Tibor R2 and took R3. Regis in this deck can eat half of a unit's points np. This build was designed to counter boost and spec proc decks, so it works well against that particular NG. It also works well against Reveal, as the BA Tutors will let you immediately mulligan any Foul Ale or cards they stole points from and replace with a powerful Alchemy card.

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/34952-the-lockdown

Last edited:
I have played 5 games with it and I like it a lot, unfortunately I played ST 5 times so haven't got to use it against NG yet. I read the notes and customized the suggested cards and I've found the deck works really well if you can stay ahead of them each time you counter otherwise it leaves you at a disadvantage.

I'm glad you like it, I like it too, but I would like to make it more competitive. My first goal in publishing it was to make it accessible to everyone bc it's difficult to determine the level and collection size of the players who would be interested in this deck.

I've considered a whole range of things to do to change the tempo but with Muzzle in play now I'm hesitant to run cards like Octvist. Villentretem...The Unit Formerly Known As Borkh might work although he's vulnerable to Vilgefortz, but so is everything. I know I want more damage abilities included for the upgraded version. Gold Vesemir might really work well, pulling an Alchemy card and providing deck thinning. In that scenario I would swap out a Dshackles for a damage special, likely Overdose, that the BATs could get for me if I needed it.

The silver and gold slots are the most exchangeable. I considered running the 6 and 7 str bronze NR boosting units but they're always treated as sacrificial offerings and killed, so they're hard to keep on the board. And now we have to play around Muzzle. The high point bronzes included do that, especially the TrInfmen who tend to boost up higher than 8 easily and have armor.

I really like the WTrio for 17 points and deck thinning. The possibility of using them again through a 9 point card is good value. I rarely see all of my silvers in a game unless I'm running them or the crones and get them out R1. Then I have more of a chance to draw the rest.

I'm still testing it, but it's strong for a first run starting season. If you find exchanges that work better, I'd really appreciate if you let me know. Especially since it could all change next patch, if we can throw together a good deck we've got to do it and run with it as fast as possible.

I'm hoping to hear what you think after taking it against NG. That's when it gets really fun. Keep in mind Margarita resets and locks so she's the best against Brigades and St Swordmasters and DB Protectors.

Last edited:
i use Eredin with Kayran,Eskel,Muzle, they kill all enforcers quick. also use Carantir with drowners to pull them in frost.

Kelewan1111;n9848771 said:
Menno should be like Imlerith (Monsters) " Damage an enemy by 4. If the unit is spying, damage it by 8 (or 10) instead"

Ugh, so this is the new mantra now?

I've didn't tried it but I suppose that a NG milling deck would have good win rate against enforcer/Infiltrator because with Emeseries they already draw a lot of cards in their desks.
They'll rapidely have no cards to draw.

Top Bottom