NR interaction stuff thats odd and weak list

+
NR interaction stuff thats odd and weak list

Yay ill just make a list of weird interactions and stuff that isnt powerful enough in NR to know and think about order is likely somewhat random. There defnitly are more but these were the most stricking i wanted to point out.

Adda:

Beeing inconsistent is a no go in a deck building game. Adda is a box of chocolate you just never know what you are gonna get. If you could chose any cursed and not just one of three of one of the same three or at least one and 2 randoms all the time this gets better.

Cursed:

These cards exist but dont really form an actual archetype. Its like there are some cards that do some things but none of them really interact in powerful enough ways. There is no real payoff no finisher no direction these cards go. They are kind of better when you got more of them but all cards are like that.

Kaedweni revenant:

Description tells us this has 2 armor but it only has 1. Also this card is like very weak could be 3-4 more in power or just activate on any special card played and would still be meh.

Cursed knight:

Could easily be 9 power.

Ciri Nova and Shupes adventure:

Both cards hit NR really hard. The faction has too many cards that need you to play the full three or they will be only medium like the entire faction is built on playing tripplets.

Vandergifts blade:

Sorry what? This card is an in faction hate card. And a bad one at that. Alzurs thunder should be better basically always since its not a silver card.

Sile:

Boosting a single special by +4 power is just not worth a silver slot. Sure she thins your deck but then you also dont get to play a special you want to play from time to time. And what does nocovaro novice do again oh play a spell +2 i see that seems ok for a bronze compared to a silver ;)

Sabrinas specter:

Why is this doomed? This is cursed so shani cant revive it anyway i guess in testing this got revived with shani so it had to be double killed^^

Shani:

Why does Shani not revive a cursed unit? I guess this is not a balance thing but a story thing but then again she can revive a maschine. Just drop it unless there is some random cursed card that would be too powerful to revive which i checked for and it kinda doesnt exist.

Reinforcments:

I made a post about simplicity just before. This card refferences WAAAAYYY too many things and also "main types" and "sub types" mixed together. But can it get a silver ogre goblin soldier? Who knows

Stennis:

Cool i get 5 armor more than a SC deck playing the same effect with the same power as in bronze slot. No wait their effect creates and can be better. Well at least i got 5 armor. At least the card randomly pulls me a cavalry a blue stripe or a reaver scout on an empty board.

Botchling, Luberkin, Botchling:

When you get one of them with Adda you dont get both of yours out of your deck. I see why this isnt happening cause the "call" for the second copy of botchling is not triggered cause it got summoned but is this really how it should work? Also just botchling and luberkin as a 2 card combo worth 15 points is often less than a single silver from other factions. Since these dont carry over power anymore them having no effect and beeing this small in power is not really ok.

Ronvid:

Poorly worded at least to me. I thought the guy would revive himself with 11 power to a row that only had 1 power in it.

Temerian Drummer:

This guys value is one less than the dwarf while having more power on the boost which is generally worse since it can be reseted more easily. why does this card exhist like that?

Medic:

The shuffle a unit back medic was one of the most unic and intersting cards in the entire game. It was never broken but super interesting and versatile and cool to play with and agianst. Its one of the reasons why a deck with more than the minimum of allowed cards could be good. Having the medic in its current state is heartbreaking. And thats not only because its now horrible

Ban ard Tutor:

This card is a must swap which sometimes leads to selfhurting swaps unless you are very careful. Just let it be a may wont harm anything.

Vernon roche:

7 Damage is just not really worth anything with the current power stats of units. Sure he does more than only deal that damage but gold cards that just deal damage still need about 8 damage to actually be able to kill the thing you want to kill.

Tridam infantry:

Its a soldier, just a soldier the TRIDAM infantry is just a soldier and has no ties to any place or faction that exists^^ Anyway this card is still just not worth anything. If you care about armor you play redanian elite and niflgaardian knight is still stronger and can reveal which is kinda HUGE.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Interesting post, i do agree on some of those, although my view on NR isn't as negative. I do agree Cursed NR needs a buff, overall.

Adda: the only new Leader i wasted scraps on. She is fun but not very useful, cuz the pool of cards she can spawn is small AND weak. Getting an Olgierd or Iris is good, Sabrina's Specter can be awesome too if on R2 or R3, but using a leader just for getting a bronze isnt worth it.

Lubberkin and Botchling - i thought the same as you, and crafted the one i was missing, but when you spawn one with Adda, you only get another one instead of the 3, making these 2 units some of the worst silvers in the game, in their current state.

I disagree on Vandergrift's Blade, i think its great, its the best way in the game to banish a unit. With weakening you have to reduce the base points to 0, but with V Blade you can damage in any way and when its under 10 pts, you use it to banish (felt great banishing a Strengthened Ciri Dash!)

I agree on Sile, i use her on my Cursed deck but might replace her for a better silver now.

Ronvid is more than fine, but only useful for Machine archetypes who need the crew. Ban Ard Tutor is also pretty great to avoid having brick cards.

The MAJOR problem with Cursed are the weak Golds: Vandergrift rarely sees a perfect opportunity, and Seltkirk is good, but not good enough for a Gold. We need a better NR Cursed Gold that synergizes with the rest.

I agree on all but ronvid. That card generates great value as it keeps coming back as a crewmember to serve your machines.

SoSaHer;n10194492 said:
I agree on all but ronvid. That card generates great value as it keeps coming back as a crewmember to serve your machines.

Never said hes bad just poorly worded so i didnt understand him until i lost a game with him

The Revenants shouldn't get a buff. You do realize that if they're left on the board they add 4 power to every spell you play right? That's really strong. I'm surprised you didn't mention Damned Sorceresses, they're literally dead cards if no other Cursed units are on the board. Tridam Infantry is a starter card I believe, so it shouldn't be too outrageous. Stennis is super good when you get a card that benefits from having armor though + deck thinning. Reinforcements is fine, just read the cards. Sile is a really strong card, it adds consistency to your deck. She can also play Silver specials from your hand, not just Bronzes. Also, Vicovaro Novices don't play Spells, but I get what you were trying to get at. Shani doesn't revive cursed units because then why would anyone use Sabrina's Specter? Hm, that's about all the things I disagree with. I agree with most of the rest though.

Tschjo;n10194272 said:
Temerian Drummer:
This guys value is one less than the dwarf while having more power on the boost which is generally worse since it can be reseted more easily. why does this card exhist like that?

Medic:
The shuffle a unit back medic was one of the most unic and intersting cards in the entire game. It was never broken but super interesting and versatile and cool to play with and agianst. Its one of the reasons why a deck with more than the minimum of allowed cards could be good. Having the medic in its current state is heartbreaking. And thats not only because its now horrible

Vernon roche:
7 Damage is just not really worth anything with the current power stats of units. Sure he does more than only deal that damage but gold cards that just deal damage still need about 8 damage to actually be able to kill the thing you want to kill.
Temerian Drummers have the Temerian Tag, so they profit from Blue Stripe Scouts. Nonetheless, even with BSS they only reach the power of Mahakam Guards, while there is no other great interaction with them. They should be reduced to 4 strength and buff two allies by 4 each.

I loved the old Medic, even if a lot of people critiziced it, which is probably the reason why it got changed. The new Medic isn't bad in my opinion. It is basically a Kaedweni Siege Support which can be played afterwards, which is good because then it can't be killed beforehand. Also, it can reach really great value. The best I got out of it were 24, but only in a really long round. Concerning all the needed setup it should either go up to 7 strength or also target officers.
Personally, I would prefer if the Drummer got this effect and the Medic would return to its old way, which was great and unique.

Vernon Roche is probably the card I like the most from the Midwinter update. While his damage isn't that great, his passive is complelty unqiue and helpfull. Also, with the change to BSS, he profits from their buff too, and therefore can easily reach more than 20 points. Nonetheless, it would be great if he would give a buff for units on the field, when he removes an enemy, similar to other cards.

Kaedweni Revenants get out of control super fast if the opponent doesn't kill the replicator. I can't comprehend any dislike of Sile. She's an auto-include in most NR decks I make.

Comparing her to a bronze card is flawed; she can play silver specials where the bronze cannot. My usual is Sile into Vandergrift's blade. Blade is theoretically understatted, but Banish means more than ever now that resurrection is everywhere. If I can vandergrift Barclay, I'm-a-doin' it.

The cursed golds are either underpowered or have their homes in non-cursed decks. Vandergrift quite clearly is best in a machines deck since that deck creates a lot of 1 power targets on an opposing board. Seltkirk is laughable compared to Iorveth: Meditation. KIyan is low powered and his create is very unpredictable.

Dant3s15;n10247822 said:
Sile is quite good if you know how to use her ;) https://youtu.be/bvfs8EJ2atk or https://youtu.be/WslZxxyAJk0

Yeah nope that is not quite strong at all. You just used a combination of 3 silvers to put a total of 13 + a random card you were lucky enough to hit shani with on the board. If you were to get a redanian kight there that would only be 19 power of 3 silvers and a bronze of which you had to have 3!!! in your hands or the whole thing wouldnt work. That my friend is the definition of not really good. Look at witchers thats 18 power and you dont even need to have more than 1 of them in your hand. Way more reliable and basically the same swing you just did without all the luck involved of drawing those cards. That was your first clip.

Your second clip shows you getting 24 power of shani and again a combination of 2 specials you just randomly had to draw. 24 power is nothing if you somehow discarded and resurected a witcher there look at that 23 power without that much work. And ofc 24 power is not a lot some golds are easily able to do that alone.

Fun chains but not really powerful chains.

Sile is good only for deck thinning/card draw. Play a spell +get 4 str isn't good for a silver card. Plus it requires you to have a spell in hand.

But we have bronze units that play a spell, thin your deck and give you 1-4 str on top of that (novices, mercenaries, cursed mages, hounds, herbalists, etc).

Hubert Rejk: I never played him nor seen him being played. Maybe I missed something, but as I understand that card, he seems to be very weak, because the only cards boosting units in deck are Foltest, Dandelion and Reaver Hunter.

iamthedave;n10243082 said:
Comparing her to a bronze card is flawed; she can play silver specials where the bronze cannot. My usual is Sile into Vandergrift's blade. Blade is theoretically understatted, but Banish means more than ever now that resurrection is everywhere. If I can vandergrift Barclay, I'm-a-doin' it.

All day, every day.

Hubert is at least a 20 strength card if you want to play foltest early and play him round 1 or 2. The dwarves make plays like sile look crap when any dwarf can throw 'em anywhere for minimum of 12 points. I still run her in alot of nr decks though. She should go back to her old strength though.

I agree with your point of view about all cards, but Reinforcement. The actual state of the game is because NR has left behind without any buffs. Blue Stripes Scout is a bronze tha conditionally reach 12 points if you can play all your 3. In the same time Slave Driver is 14+ without any setup and also gives deck information and disrupt strategies and can be rez. So... wait for another patch or play dorfs or NG now.

Adda
Create should simply never be on leaders, and that's final. I am very interested in what CDPR has in stote for this card in the future.

Cursed archetype.
I agree that Cursed is sort of all over the place. Transforming weak units, special card benefit, random resurrection thrown in there as well... Doesn't really have a theme to it.

Kaedweni Revenant
​​​​​Fine as they are, though they will definitely pose problems in the future, as more cards are released.

Kaedweni Knight.
I think the problem with this card is that there aren't too many 1 or 2 strength cursed units. There is only cursed mage, as far as I can remember.

Nova and Shupe
Those cards aren't playable in just any deck. That's just how they are. Blue Stripes Temeria usually has a brtter finisher with Temerian Infantry, which reaches 24-27 points, and Henselt regularly earns you 25+ value as well. You can still play a Ciri Nova Armor deck.

Vandegrift's Blade
Agreed. Random cursed punish is stupid

Sile de Tansarville
Not all cards will be super powerful. I sometimes use her when I make a new deck, and replace her with sonething better once I get used to the deck more. Her effect is interesting and unique, so I'd say she's fine.

Sabrina's Specter
All other resurrects are doomed. That's all the reason I need. Consistency. :D

Shani
Just makes her unusable in a cursed deck really. Dunno why...

Reinforcement
I TOTALLY agree with you on this. Same goes for most tutors. "Play a bronze or silver alchemy, spell or item from your deck" sorta stuff is really forgettable. I wish CDPR moved away from using keywords like this to balance cards. Especially since the keywords aren't displayed as clearly as in Hearthstone, for example. I guess I'll just play my silver ogre goblin soldiers for now.

Prince Stennis
I have no idea which bronze you are talking about, but I do agree that the random aspect sucks. I'd honestly make Stennis 1 strength and give you a choice between 2 cards (Like old Priscilla). NR has a lot of random cards, which seemingly feel like they belong to another faction. Stennis' effect is so clearly a Nilfgaard thing!

Botchling, Lubberkin
Yeah, the description really is misleading, especially since deploy effects normally trigger, even if a unit is summoned from the deck.
I do think that the Botchling could maybe be resilient. That way, you get 15 pts +5 points of carryover, which isn't so bad.

Ronvid
Now that I look at it, you're right about the misleading description. Though it's actually a grammatical error. Just add a comma and it's fine.

Temerian Drummer
Not sure what you're complaining about. It's good for cards to have counterplay.

Field Medic
Agreed, old effect was cool, now it's a boring card.

Ban Ard Tutor
I play NR a lot and I've never even tried this card, lol. I just thought: why would I want a bronze special card in my hand, especially since bronze special cards are balanced around tutors now, so their average value is 9-10 instead of the average for units, which is 11-12. Agreed that you should have the option to not swap if you don't want to.

Vernon Roche
Agreed, 8 damage should be fine. 7 damage just barely kills anything important.

Tridam Infantry
Yeah, it's a boring card... And I don't even think it's a starter card, though the starter decks might've changed in the midwinter update.

I must say, I agree with many of your points - good jov on compiling them like that :cheers:

Last edited:

Guest 4021160

Field medic was my favourite card. I miss it as well

Top Bottom