Deckbuilding around Sabrina

+
Deckbuilding around Sabrina

I'm looking at the Sabrina card and I'm figuring out how best to deckbuild around her. I'm assuming also run Iris and use weather to help activate abilities.Weather also causes people to stack rows for Sabrina's ability. NR doesn't seem to have much in terms of movement cards.

Does anyone have ideas re: best golds for such an archetype? gIgni vs stacked rows but I'm not sure about the rest. Not sure about bronzes or leader but maybe machines to knock an enemy to 1 str. Are there any NR cards that can recur the combo pieces out of an opponent's grave?

I don't think you can build a deck around Sabrina. She seems to me like tech to be used alongside machines; reduce a row using ballista, then kill her and knock everything down. She's really just too fiddly and awkward to use for NR, when it has so many smoother, better options. She feels more like a ST card.

Funny you mention Sabrina. I tried building some decks around her last night. When she works its fantastic. However with all the spells being played she can easily be boosted. I use double frost mid round and try to get them to row stack. Most people playing right now don't expect her. Keep a tutor card to swap to a Muller or thunder if they don't counter her right away. So far I'm losing more than I win with her but it's still fun to play

Technically your not swapping to Muller but I keep two in my deck if don't have one in hand I use the tutor to get thunder. Sorry for the typo

I've stuck her in my Henselt deck as anti tech, and occasionally she does very good things. Sometimes you need to set her up by using Dijkstra to make sure the opposing row gets hit hard, but setting up a 1 power unit isn't normally hard for machines. My record is a (functional) 75 point swing against nekkers when I used Dijkstra to cripple their Arachas Queen.

She's interesting, certainly, and the format's changed in a way that she's now playable.

Top Bottom