How to get tempo with Henselt machine deck?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
How to get tempo with Henselt machine deck?

Henselt machines need a crew. Without a crew they are pathetic, but except Ronvid every other crew are weak or need a machine to be on board to be useful. It is like a lose lose situation. Machines need a crew on board and Crew need a machine on board. Kaedweni Sergeant is the only decent crew with a decent point, but he needs to held on to counter hazards. So, if I don't get Ronvid in the hand and only machines, weak bronze crew and special cards, how should I take it forward?

It's usually easy to get Ronvid with ADC, Reinforcements, and John Natalis.

If you're concerned about tempo, try adding either Roach or Dandelion: Poet to your deck.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Natalis, Triss: Telekinesis with Winches, and Seltkirk are all high tempo options available. You can always play with Siege towers if you don't go for Villentretenmerth or Scorch and prefer high tempo options. In general, even with Dun Banner, it's worth keeping your spy until you can catch up with one card.

There's always the option of Kaedweni Siege Supports. Use Henselt on those and the opponent has lost that round for sure as every machine you play is at least 16 points plus armor, a major help against weather decks. The trouble is getting them to stick on the board for long enough though.

• RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
cloak111;n10864821 said:
It's usually easy to get Ronvid with ADC, Reinforcements, and John Natalis.

If you're concerned about tempo, try adding either Roach or Dandelion: Poet to your deck.

I am sorry, but what is ADC? I have Reinforcements! That is a nice thought, to bring Ronvid with Reinforcements. Thanks.

ser2440;n10865041 said:
Natalis, Triss: Telekinesis with Winches, and Seltkirk are all high tempo options available. You can always play with Siege towers if you don't go for Villentretenmerth or Scorch and prefer high tempo options. In general, even with Dun Banner, it's worth keeping your spy until you can catch up with one card.

There's always the option of Kaedweni Siege Supports. Use Henselt on those and the opponent has lost that round for sure as every machine you play is at least 16 points plus armor, a major help against weather decks. The trouble is getting them to stick on the board for long enough though.

Thanks! Nice suggestions.

Kaedweni Sergeant is a decent card. There are only a few decks that use hazards these days, and you will easily spot them by the leaders they use. So except for those decks, when you wan to have as many Sergeants in your hand at start, for all the rest you can keep one in hand and play it right away, to help your machines.

What is especially nice with the Sergeant is that when you face control decks, they won't let you keep machines on the board to play Henselt to max effect, but you can still use it on the Sarge, cos he's Kaedweni. So even in worst case scenario, you can still pull a 21 points tempo.

• RED Point
Top Bottom