Henselt + reaver hunter combo

+
Henselt + reaver hunter combo

Ok now you can put whatever rubbish in ur NR deck, win 1 round doesnt matter if its the 1st or 2nd , then in round 3 play a reaver hunter from hand or via reinforcement card. Then play henselt summon all copies of this card put them on the same row. Get from them 36 strength value and damage the highest opponent card by half. That is broken! No need to build a smart deck or be forced to think in any way possible as most of the times u manage to win 1 round out of the 1st 2.

The only way to stop this combo is to kill the reaver with alzur or any removal card that does 7+ damage instantly after he plays it before he manage to use henselt on it. If you dont have such card in hand ur screwed big time!

Also if he has a siege support on board the hunter will get a + 1 buff from it and you wont be able to remove it with alzur!

Lol well NR is the most complicated faction right now. Give it 1 or max 2 weeks for everyone to get a grip on all archetypes and this guy might end up changing his mind. Till now i found this combo to be one of the better plays right now.

Michelazz;n8680630 said:
Lol well NR is the most complicated faction right now. Give it 1 or max 2 weeks for everyone to get a grip on all archetypes and this guy might end up changing his mind. Till now i found this combo to be one of the better plays right now.

While all these trios and cross-buffs are really powerful, their major problem is that they have to be placed on same row and they have same power.
Gigni is coming, you know. Or scorch. Or weather. Or just lock one of those three and the combo will not work. Or just insta-kill one of them. Or kill all copies by Sweers.
There are just too many counters for this powerful swing. Yet, it is devastating if you ignore it.

hunters are cool but man is not the most broken combo out there by far is missing way more power. If you go head to head vs another 7-8 card combos you just going to loose

In0va;n8857700 said:
I use the reavers and igni/scorch is a very common and effective counter against them.

Igni is often not a good counter. At the higher levels they play around Igni if they don't play a netdeck which does not run Igni.
They don't do damage then but who cares if the strength of the Hunters is enough to win?

Last edited:
soph912;n8864690 said:
Igni is often not a good counter. At the higher levels they play around Igni if they don't play a netdeck which does not run Igni.
They don't do damage then but who cares if the strength of the Hunters is enough to win?

I try to maneuver around igni as well because I´ve gotten burned quite a few times. It works to fluctuating extent because especially if you have 4 hunters, then you have to put 2 on a same row and with the buff the row score goes very easily over 20. So Igni will still burn at least one of them which is sometimes enough to win, sometimes not.

I have a Monster Deck running Caretaker and Succubus. Went hard for the win round 1, stealing 1 Reaver with Succubus and then ressurected another round two first thing with Caretaker. Now my opponent was down to one Reaver (he either did not have Operator or did not get to play it) and the final round was simple. Not consistent though as it requires two golds.

Reaver hunter was fine before hand, had very close games with them and now its mainly losses the amount of ranking points i lost because of the nerf is sad to say the least.

Im having good games using Foltest with reaver hunters along with sergeants+Blue stripes for deck thinning.The ideal scenario to setup a win for me goes like this:Start with Operator-Foltest-Sergeant/Commando.I try to use all my Sergeant/Commandos on the first turn if possible, so my 4 Reavers get boosted to 6.Pass round 2 and save them for round 3.Ofc you need some luck with your mulligans as well :D

I was doing okay with RH's but now not so much. I don't seem to have a gameplan and hardly ever mullligan cards. Nobobdy hits me with weathe so my knight never gets boosted haha
Still, never going to the dark side of the force....i.e. Nilfgard

Hanselt+Reaver Hunters a bit too much? **NOT a complaints thread**

This is NOT a bitching thread. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion.

So is it just me or are these things a bit too much? Easily over 50 points in one card. A single d bomb deals with them but drawing a single card is highly situational.

So, is it just me or are they really that good? How consistent are they?

Maybe rework them so that Hanselt can only summon 2?

Last edited:
My main struggle with Reaver Hunters is the trio ability.

I think the insane buffing ability of these units is more than enough. IMO a trio like that doesn't need an additional trio ability.

devivre;n9304211 said:
I think the insane buffing ability of these units is more than enough. IMO a trio like that doesn't need an additional trio ability.

The point of the trio is to encourage the player to risk sticking them all on the same row where they are more vulnerable.

Karajorma;n9304531 said:
The point of the trio is to encourage the player to risk sticking them all on the same row where they are more vulnerable.

I don't mind having trio abilities in general but as said before these units already have so much synergy that this bonus makes the combo too strong, especially with a leader like Henselt.

Besides there's not that much risk and vulnerability involved: For example Scorch/Igni usually only hurts one reaver hunter (because there are enough ways to buff them individually), thanks to Operator often 4 units are involved so if you destroy one it doesn't disrupt the trio combo.

I think Reavers are NR version of massive boosting strategy. Every faction has one. They can be overwhelming but they´re easily countered if you´re not careful.

Top Bottom